Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Oh Man, Not Another One (Read 369 times)
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Oh Man, Not Another One
08/28/19 at 11:51:58

Getting ready for another hurricane, looks like Dorian is headed my way. I'm located somewhere in the cone of probability with touchdown being Sunday. Oh well, got the generator started up yesterday and already have plywood cut and ready to go for the windows. Still need to police the yard for potential flying objects and get some beer.
 Hoping it will blow on by without hitting too hard.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Oh Man, Not Another One
Reply #1 - 08/28/19 at 12:04:22

Shelter yer' Savage!... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 08/28/19 at 13:23:16

Lots of BEER & ICE
Remain calm & relaxed

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/28/19 at 16:31:36

Still need to police the yard for potential flying objects and get some beer.

I'm hoping you dodge it, but either way, it's obvious from your stated priorities in how you explained the order of how you plan on prioritizing the unfinished business that you have No IDEA about how to actually Do it.
Ya get the BEER, and THEN you police the area, While you walk around looking down and sipping on your daggum beer, dude.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/28/19 at 16:55:57

And remember, even empty beer cans at 100 mph hurt.

Be safe out there.    Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 08/28/19 at 18:13:06

Thanks guys I'll update as the storm gets closer. Took almost a 1/2 hour to get gas this morning cause of the line.

Ya get the BEER, and THEN you police the area, While you walk around looking down and sipping on your daggum beer, dude
             JOG thanks for getting my priorities straight  Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/28/19 at 19:01:58

Be safe.....let me know if any good boat deals are flying around after she passes  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 08/28/19 at 19:46:49

I'm just watching out for ya, Ed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 08/29/19 at 04:00:09

raydawg wrote on 08/28/19 at 19:01:58:
Be safe.....let me know if any good boat deals are flying around after she passes  Wink

He might even end up with some boats in his yard (near the pile of empty beer cans).

Praying for you and the others in the path.......my sister in law and her family are near Sarasota.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 08/29/19 at 04:46:20

More BEER , they say you should have at least a 3 day supply ( beer , food , meds , more beer and if you have enough beer then water becomes optional ) for emergencies. And the storm isn't even here yet. Wow this is stressful , someone get me a beer.

✅ get a lot more beer

Be Safe

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 08/29/19 at 06:31:57

I'm nervous about this one, they are calling for a Cat 3 if it doesn't slow down. Put a new roof on the house last year and have the insurance paid up. Made it through two hurricanes in 2017 but they were only Cat 1.
 The weak spot is my shop and I'm going to cover all the power equipment with tarps just in case the roof leaks. Also will be moving most of my reloading gear into the main house, need to keep my powder dry. Don't think the wife would let me store the Savage in the living room for the duration Sad.
 Going to be interesting no matter where it hits. Expecting to loose power and internet by Sunday evening. Will try to update off my phone if that happens.

IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #11 - 08/29/19 at 07:32:13

Here in NC I'm still rebuilding from hurricane Irene. It's depressing and I'm not into it because of the feeling that it's just going to happen again. Moto Guzzi Convert, Kaw 650, Yam SRX600 all knocked over in the garage and filled with salt water and sand. They are now paperweights. I try to prepare for it, and get beer also, but never drink a drop because of the effort to stay alive, and the paralyzing fear during one of these events. When I know a hurricane is coming, I feel like throwing up. Good luck and best wishes to anyone in it's path.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 08/29/19 at 07:45:55

hotrod wrote on 08/29/19 at 07:32:13:
Here in NC I'm still rebuilding from hurricane Irene. It's depressing and I'm not into it because of the feeling that it's just going to happen again. Moto Guzzi Convert, Kaw 650, Yam SRX600 all knocked over in the garage and filled with salt water and sand. They are now paperweights. I try to prepare for it, and get beer also, but never drink a drop because of the effort to stay alive, and the paralyzing fear during one of these events. When I know a hurricane is coming, I feel like throwing up. Good luck and best wishes to anyone in it's path.

I've been through BIG earthquakes, fires, and the thing that freaks me out most is the wind....

I don't like wind.

When we first moved to the island, up here in the Pacific Northwest, which was at the end of September, that very first winter we had a storm that packed 90 MPH winds, and of course it hit at night.
Now remember I live in the woods, not a city, and its DARK at night.
You could hear, but not see, the trees and branches falling....
And that wind sounds like a freight train roaring towards you as you are standing on the tracks!!!   Shocked Shocked

We left the bedroom, to go down and sleep in the basement, as we figured the trees wouldn't kill us there if the fell on the house.
It was NOT a good nights sleep, and we were without power 5 days.

But I still love it here  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #13 - 08/29/19 at 09:37:12

Best wishes to you Ed. We actually had a heck of a storm here in Houston yesterday evening. Luckily it only lasted less than 2 hours, but man for a while I was wondering what was going on as I knew Dorian is heading your way, but did not expect it to make a detour through Houston. Be safe. You will be in my prayers.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 08/29/19 at 13:18:09

hotrod wrote on 08/29/19 at 07:32:13:

Hotrod, you are on the coast ?
I was thinking you were inland and lived close to Toymaker.
I haven’t seen him around here for quite some time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 22:28:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oh Man, Not Another One

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.