YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Euro's in my pocket...
08/27/19 at 09:12:04

Let's not even pretend the emoluments clause is a real thing... Grin

Trump Ready To Funnel Yen, Euros And Pounds Into His Own Pocket At Next Year’s G-7
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-doral-g-7-203007639.html

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Euro's in my pocket...
Reply #1 - 08/27/19 at 20:52:50

Emoluments - Schemoluments.....

William Barr Books $30,000 Party At Trump Hotel: Report

U.S. Attorney General William Barr has reportedly booked President Donald Trump’s hotel in Washington, D.C., for a winter holiday party that a Washington Post report says will likely bring the hotel more than $30,000 in revenue.

The Post said Tuesday that it obtained a copy of the contract Barr signed for a private 200-person “Family Holiday Party” at the Trump International Hotel’s Presidential Ballroom on Dec. 8.

The Justice Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A department official told the Post that Barr is paying for the party himself and only chose the Trump hotel after finding out other venues were booked.

According to the newspaper, its copy of Barr’s contract requires a minimum of $100 per person for food and drink before an additional 35% for taxes and tip, and calls for the attorney general to pay at least $31,500 even if the event gets canceled.

“He’s the owner of the thing …. It at least creates the appearance of corruption,” former Office of Government Ethics Director Walter Shaub previously told HuffPost.

In announcing the possibility of his Doral resort as the next G-7 site, Trump said, “I’m not going to make any money.”

But as previously reported by HuffPost, Trump directly receives any money spent on his properties ― including hotels and golf courses ― because he is the sole beneficiary of a trust that owns his family business, the Trump Organization.

The president’s many properties frequently host lobbyists trying to influence his policies, foreign governments and politicians, opening Trump to conflicts of interest. The Justice Department is currently defending the president’s Washington hotel against a lawsuit filed by nearly 200 members of Congress accusing Trump of violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause ― a provision to prevent corruption ― by continuing to profit from his businesses.

Though the Justice Department told the Post that Barr did not book the party out of loyalty to the president, the top U.S. law enforcement official’s independence from Trump has been questioned before. Barr was criticized earlier this year for making misleading remarks about then-special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 election, echoing the false “no collusion” narrative that Trump has been repeating for years.

Shaub, who has been a vocal critic of Trump’s ethics decisions, told the Post that, although Barr’s decision to book a party at Trump’s hotel does not violate the rules, the attorney general “keeps sending signals that his loyalty is to a politician and not to the country.”

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/28/19 at 04:17:13

Barr's paying for this himself. This is no different than somebody working at a bakery buying his daughter's wedding cake from his boss.

Your desperation at trying to turn this into something is pathetic yet funny! You guys crack me up! Seriously, keep it up.

Regarding Doral and the G7 next year, I don't give a $hit and my guess is most others won't either. I've not been there but I hear its magnificent.

I think it's great way for all the attendees to realize they are beholden to Donald J Trump. They are all battling for second place. The US and Trump are the Kings, the rest can kiss the Ring if they're lucky enough to have it extended to them. Its a home court advantage.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/28/19 at 05:52:36

WebsterMark wrote on 08/28/19 at 04:17:13:
Barr's paying for this himself. This is no different than somebody working at a bakery buying his daughter's wedding cake from his boss.

Your desperation at trying to turn this into something is pathetic yet funny! You guys crack me up! Seriously, keep it up.

Regarding Doral and the G7 next year, I don't give a $hit and my guess is most others won't either. I've not been there but I hear its magnificent.

I think it's great way for all the attendees to realize they are beholden to Donald J Trump. They are all battling for second place. The US and Trump are the Kings, the rest can kiss the Ring if they're lucky enough to have it extended to them. Its a home court advantage.

Why waste all the keystrokes, mark?

All you needed to type is "I don't give a $hit"

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/28/19 at 07:28:58

Not my fault you're too clueless to understand. My point stands, i'm fine with Trump's homecourt advantage.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/28/19 at 09:35:54

WebsterMark wrote on 08/28/19 at 07:28:58:
Not my fault you're too clueless to understand. My point stands, i'm fine with Trump's homecourt advantage.

Of course you are.

Now... had Obama (or any dem ever) done such a thing.... well... that would have been a different story.

You're so transparent, no one can see you.  A typical conservative servile man to donnie.

« Last Edit: 08/28/19 at 22:27:17 by T And T Garage »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 08/28/19 at 10:07:34

... and don't let the bedbugs bite... Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/28/19 at 11:59:37

To be fair, no one from Obama's administration could have purchased goods or services from Obama because..... he never actually did anything in the private sector beforehand!....

But setting that aside, if that would have happened, why would I care? I don't care Obama has capitalized on his Presidency and made himself wealthy afterwards. My point about the house purchase was the hypocrisy and obvious admission he doesn't believe global warming is of any real significance.

Back to Barr; what's the difference in what he's doing and someone who works at a Ford car dealer buying a Ford from that same dealer? None that I can see. This is a manufactured 'fake news' controversy that isn't one.

Try again snowflakes.

I don't care about using the Doral property because I believe it gives Trump a leg up.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/28/19 at 12:02:53

That's TDS right there, it is...  Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/28/19 at 12:45:08

WebsterMark wrote on 08/28/19 at 11:59:37:
To be fair, no one from Obama's administration could have purchased goods or services from Obama because..... he never actually did anything in the private sector beforehand!....

Yeah, he only taught law and served the public.  What a loser....

But setting that aside, if that would have happened, why would I care? I don't care Obama has capitalized on his Presidency and made himself wealthy afterwards. My point about the house purchase was the hypocrisy and obvious admission he doesn't believe global warming is of any real significance.

LMAO - what load of bullsh!t!!  Again, go read my post on "If Obama had done it"...

Back to Barr; what's the difference in what he's doing and someone who works at a Ford car dealer buying a Ford from that same dealer? None that I can see. This is a manufactured 'fake news' controversy that isn't one.

Try again snowflakes.

I don't care about using the Doral property because I believe it gives Trump a leg up.

You don't care, we get it.  You're a servile man for trump.

« Last Edit: 08/28/19 at 22:27:37 by T And T Garage »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 08/28/19 at 14:03:31

Accepting money for access and influence from foreign leaders,... sounds very much like treason to me.
Isn't that the one thing you said you wouldn't tolerate from Trump?
...or are you going to use the "no declared war" cop-out?
(Which would allow any treasonous behavior after WWII by technicality).

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 08/28/19 at 14:10:55

T And T Garage wrote on 08/28/19 at 09:35:54:

You're so transparent, no one can see you.  A typical conservative cuck to donnie.

T And T Garage wrote on 08/28/19 at 12:45:08:
You don't care, we get it.  You're a cuck for trump.

Use of that word in reference to a site member is a personal attack.
Not allowed,.... Please stop.

Sero

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/28/19 at 16:25:34

Eddie Haskel can say whatever he wants, I don’t care. He’s already ruined this and you didn’t do anything before because you were outnumbered and needed support, even from someone who hid under your skirt. Leave him be.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 08/28/19 at 19:16:19

it's a slippery slope, once you get used to it, no matter how well disguised, it's a problem.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/28/19 at 22:28:28

Serowbot wrote on 08/28/19 at 14:10:55:
T And T Garage wrote on 08/28/19 at 09:35:54:

You're so transparent, no one can see you.  A typical conservative cuck to donnie.

T And T Garage wrote on 08/28/19 at 12:45:08:
You don't care, we get it.  You're a cuck for trump.

Use of that word in reference to a site member is a personal attack.
Not allowed,.... Please stop.

Sero

Understood.  I fixed the posts above and will not use that word any longer.

My apologies.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 22:25:36

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Euro's in my pocket...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.