Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Found the front turn signal plug in's. Please help (Read 54 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Found the front turn signal plug in's. Please help
08/21/19 at 13:28:58

Found the front turn signal plug in's, but they both have two.  As was stated earlier, one of these is for grounding.  Would it be possible for me to just cut the ends off each ground wire and solder them together, as the other connection is clearly the one that hooks up to the turn signals?  Just need to figure which one is left and right at this point it seems.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Found the front turn signal plug in's. Please
Reply #1 - 08/21/19 at 14:11:27

I f you only two wire connector for the lights they were not stock .  Black /white stripe is ground,  light green is power . gray is running light - for the right signal on the stock bike . left signal gray for running light,black/white stripe ground,  turn signal( yellow or brown?) or any other solid color depending on year. If you only have two wires PO has already gotten rid of running lights.  dig back into the wiring harness farther to find three wires  if you so choose.use you can use your  new signal for a test light.

« Last Edit: 08/21/19 at 16:35:07 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/21/19 at 20:37:14

I think their may be a miscommunication here.  So each of the turn signals has two cables coming from it.  One of them is a single cable with a metal end, which I believe is a grounding cable.  The other one consists of TWO cables and is a perfect fit for the female receiving ends on the bike.

I was able to get both my rear turn signals to work normally.  I just plugged in the main male cable, and put electrical tape over the grounding wire.

I'm just wondering if the same technique will work for the front lights now that I know where to plug them in, lol. Here is a picture that shows (poorly) the light, and you can't see the male plug in piece, but you can see that exposed metal bit which I believe is a grounding wire.

https://www.partsgiant.com/p324918-k-and-s-oem-type-turn-signals?m=545305&gcl...

Screenshot_20190821-223105_Chrome.jpg
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 08/21/19 at 21:13:06

I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM ,PLUG IT IN AND TOUCH THE SINGLE WIRE ON TO ANY BARE METAL SURFACE ON THE BIKE (GROUND) AND SEE IF THEY WORK. BUT YOU SHOUDL HAVE SOMEWHERE TO PLUG IN THE GROUND INSIDE THE HEADLIGHT CASE.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 08/22/19 at 02:59:56

The lights you liinked us to are dual filament.......if that is what you bought they have a low power running light and a brighter turn signal light.

Without any installation instructions from K&S, I have to assume the wire with the metal end is probably supposed to be a ground - so that should be connected to the black wire with the white stripe.

On the back of the bike you should be connecting the bright turn signal wire for the light to the colored turn signal wire from the bike.  The rear wiring harness doesn't have any wire to connect to the running light in the turn signal......as it is not legal in most places to have a yellow running light at the rear.

On the front of the bike the turn signal wire with the metal end should be connected to the black wire with the white stripe, and the other two wires should be connected to the female bullet connector on the bike wiring harness......gray for the running lights and the colored wires for the turn signals.

I realize the wires with the metal connector on the turn signals are made for using screws/bolts for connection - however that is not how the wiring harness is built on the Suzuki.

The bottom line is - you should be connecting only two wires for the rear turn signals.....and all three for the front turn signals.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 15:26:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Found the front turn signal plug in's. Please help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.