Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Difference between front and rear turn signals? (Read 65 times)
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Difference between front and rear turn signals?
08/20/19 at 18:52:00

I have been rebuilding my Savage and to save money I purchased both a left and right K&S model, which looks just like the OEM version.
http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/900103678#  
I believe I got two of the #25-3232 and two #25-3231. My concern is that I'm trying to install (to the best of my knowledge) at both front and rear, the same models.  They are both left and right, but I'm not sure if I got the front and rear version also.  Is this going to be an issue?  Can I use them interchangeably, or do I need the front and rear sets.
In the past or was very easy for me to connect the lights in the front no problem, but now I can't find the cables to connect them too..

Lastly,  I use a ln EarthX ETX18B (LiOH(PO)4) battery and while trying to start it today I ran out of juice...  I know I can't use a conventional motorcycle charger, but it's there a place I can take it to be properly charged so I don't ruin a $240 brand new battery...?  Please any help would be greatly appreciated.  Especially with regards to the turn signals, as I think I can figure out the battery charging issue without much issue.

Thank you for your help in advance!

« Last Edit: 08/20/19 at 23:08:15 by uigiroux »  
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Difference between front and rear turn signals
Reply #1 - 08/21/19 at 06:15:05

The difference between front and rear signals is that the front signals (stock) are also running lights . they have double filament bulbs 8w-23w,while the rear are just single 23w.
        If you can start the bike, you could jump it with another battery, - your battery should have enough power to supply the igniter(it uses 12 volts but very little amps) ,put the bike in neutral, key on , and use the  jumper battery to supply the power for the starter motor ,run the ground to a bare place (bolt?) on the bike and just touch the positive to the stud on the starter motor . if the bike starts go for a long ride and let the bike recharge your battery.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/21/19 at 07:06:55

And in case you don't know, don't run it on the side stand for very long.
The tilt keeps one of the cams out of the oil bath and it wears out.
You want at least an hour at freeway speeds (maybe hiway speed would be ok) 2 would be better.  Put putting around at less than 3000 rpm aint gonna do it.

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 08/21/19 at 07:48:03

You should ,if working on your lights, unplug your ignition module ,leaving the key on without starting the bike can over heat and fry it .
    running the starter to long can damage it also by over heating ,If the bike doesn't start in the first few seconds ,it's not going to ,and you need to allow 10-15 minutes for it to cool.
    Igniter assy.- $460.00     starter motor $350.00
 so you see have  much more to protect than just you battery.    

« Last Edit: 08/21/19 at 09:01:35 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/21/19 at 12:49:46

Thank you everyone for your advice.  Just have a question.  For the front lights, can I still use the model I got, or would I need to make any adjustments?  Also, I never had any trouble locating where to plug in the light cables, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me now...  Could someone please provide a pic of what I'm supposed to be plugging these front cables into now?  This is rather embarrassing, as I've always been able to figure these things out on my own, but I haven't used my bike in over 2 years and it seems I forgot some things.  Lastly, as long as I ground the front lights then I won't need to replace them when a while new set..?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:17:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Difference between front and rear turn signals?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.