Send Topic Print
Good Guys Without Guns (Read 176 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Good Guys Without Guns
08/19/19 at 11:21:36

Have saved countless people in the past week alone.

3 mass shooting plots stopped around the country in separate incidents, police say

Three mass shooting plots were thwarted in recent days with the arrests of three men in unrelated cases, authorities in Connecticut, Florida and Ohio said.

Tips from the public aided in the three arrests, which occurred on Thursday and Friday. Police in each case said the men, all white and in their 20s, posted online or sent text messages with threats of committing mass shootings.

The arrests come amid renewed cries for legislation to change the country's gun laws in the wake of mass shootings in California, Texas and Ohio. Multiple false alarm and hoax shooting scares have also kept the nation on edge in recent weeks.

Here's what we know about the three cases:

Connecticut

Brandon Wagshol, 22, of Norwalk was arrested on four counts of illegal possession of large-capacity magazines, the city's police department said Thursday.

Wagshol was arrested after a joint investigation from Norwalk police and the FBI was opened after federal authorities received a tip that he was allegedly trying to buy high-capacity rifle magazines out of state.

Police said Wagshol purchased rifle parts online to build his own weapon and had posted on Facebook showing "his interest in committing a mass shooting."

When executing a search warrant, police found two guns registered to Wagshol's father, multiple rounds of ammunition, body armor and other tactical equipment, Norwalk police said.

Florida

The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said Tristan Scott Wix, 25, of Daytona Beach was arrested Friday and charged with making threats to commit a mass shooting.

Sheriff's deputies began investigating after they were alerted to multiple texts Wix allegedly sent with his plans to commit a mass shooting. The office did not say to whom Wix sent the messages.

"A school is a weak target.. id be more likely to open fire on a large crowd of people from over 3 miles away.. I'd wanna break a world record for longest confirmed kill ever," the sheriff's department said Wix texted.

Another text allegedly read: "But a good 100 kills would be nice. I already have a location (laughing cry face emoji) is that bad?"

Wix said he doesn't own firearms but was "fascinated with mass shootings," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Police also released body cam video of Wix's arrest.

Ohio

Police arrested James P. Reardon, 20, after receiving a tip about an online video where the man identified himself as the shooter at a Jewish community center – an incident that hadn't happened yet, according to the FBI.

Reardon was arrested Friday on charges of telecommunications harassment and aggravated menacing, FBI Cleveland Division said.

The video post on Instagram tagged the Jewish Community Center of Youngstown from Reardon’s account, police say.

A search warrant was executed at Reardon's parent's home the same day local police received the tip about the video. Reardon was arrested without incident and police said rounds of ammunition, semi-automatic weapons and anti-Semitic information were found.

https://news.yahoo.com/3-mass-shooting-plots-stopped-121828185.html

Better policing, not more guns, helped more people in the past week.

Just as it should be.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Good Guys Without Guns
Reply #1 - 08/19/19 at 13:13:10

So?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/19/19 at 13:22:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/19/19 at 13:13:10:
So?

So, what?

I'm showing proof that in this, and most situations, "more guns" isn't the answer.

Arming everyone you can didn't stop these 3 plots - policing did.

Who knows what would have happened if the police hadn't done their due diligence.  Even if there were good guys with guns on the scene of the potential target areas, people probably would have died.

Pretty simple to understand.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 08/19/19 at 13:53:07

Very commendable, excellent work.
Too bad nobody listened in Broward county and that guy shot up a buncha people and the cops cowered behind their cars while defenseless people inside were being shot.

You never did answer the question..

If you were somewhere and some crazy homicidal guy started shooting and people around you are dropping

Would you wish you had a gun?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/19/19 at 13:59:59

I'd wish he didn't, more...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/19/19 at 14:07:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/19/19 at 13:53:07:
Very commendable, excellent work.
Too bad nobody listened in Broward county and that guy shot up a buncha people and the cops cowered behind their cars while defenseless people inside were being shot.

You never did answer the question..

If you were somewhere and some crazy homicidal guy started shooting and people around you are dropping

Would you wish you had a gun?

Yes, I would wish I had a gun.  But then again, when I'm out at car shows, I wish I had a million dollars to spend.  When I'm riding in the rain, I wish I wasn't.  When I'm talking to my kids, I wished they lived closer.  Wishing is just wishing.....

The point you keep missing is that no matter how many guns you give to people, it won't help.

What is it about the guy in Dayton that you're willfully ignorant about?  He was confronted and shot in 30 seconds and 10 people still died.

More guns is not the answer to our mass shooting "problem" (read epidemic).

Any of this sinking in?......

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/19/19 at 14:29:12

What is it about the guy in Dayton that you're willfully ignorant about?  He was confronted and shot in 30 seconds and 10 people still died.

The kids in Parkland died while an armed cop stood outside. If one of those teachers had been trained and had access to a firearm, would things have been different? No one knows and there's no way to know, but what we do know is everyone of us would rather a trained, armed teacher had access.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/19/19 at 14:45:59

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 14:29:12:

The kids in Parkland died while an armed cop stood outside.

Yeah, stood outside.  Big difference.  There was a well trained police officer on the scene in 20 seconds, the shooter was taken out 10 seconds later.  You wanna tell me how "billy bob", or anyone else is going to do better?

If one of those teachers had been trained and had access to a firearm, would things have been different? No one knows and there's no way to know, but what we do know is everyone of us would rather a trained, armed teacher had access.

No, not all of us.  All of you.

Again, a trained officer is on the scene in 20 seconds and puts down a shooter in 10 seconds.

What kind of training are you gonna put these teachers through?  Oh, and who's gonna pay for it?

Why not put that money to where it can do more good - like, um, policing and profiling...  or did you miss the part where 3 mass shooting were circumvented this past week?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 08/19/19 at 14:49:04

Will the teacher be responsible when that gun kills a kid?...
Not many teachers want to bear that burden...

Will they be trained as well as the FBI?...

or a DEA agent teaching gun safety?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/19/19 at 14:53:01

Further, all the teachers that I know have enough sh!t on their plates.  The last thing they want is to do more work for no pay.

Oh, and like Sero siad, who'd going to take on the liability?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 08/19/19 at 15:05:08

And yet
Teachers are lining UP to get training and qualify for concealed carry.

I guess you guys missed that.

Cops, state sanctioned Good Guys with guns, aren't always twenty seconds away.
Had they not been, MORE would have been dead, AND had there been a civilian Good Guy with a gun in the immediate proximity of the shooter, it's possible lives would have been saved.
Why are you unable to see that?
It was a
Gun Free zone, again.
The shooter only had to worry about cops. There were lots of them on site, according to you, and YET
People DIED,,

You live divorced from reality.
You don't GET to decide if others have the RIGHT to self defense.
Why don't you lefties just admit you want to remove the guns from the hands of the People?

You wanna know how to stop drunks from killing law abiding drivers?
Ban sober people from driving.

TT said

Yes, I would wish I had a gun.

But you want to make sure YOU CAN'T.
And I can't.
Nobody can.
Except for the Superior D.N.A. carrying State sanctioned God's.

Your Bullshit rant about other things you Wish you had
You COULD have.
Nobody is STOPPING you.
And NONE of those other things are your Natural, God given Right.
Everyone has a RIGHT to protect themselves.
If they have a family
They have a Right and an Obligation.

Dude, why do you want to be vulnerable when you don't have to?

You keep SAYING
Adding more guns to the equation is not the answer,,
But what do cops do if Not bring guns into the situation?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 08/19/19 at 15:17:30

Does anybody remember Chris Kyle,... trained, world class, sniper, with 160 kills?... shot to death at a gun range?
He and his friend,... both armed,... shot by a person they were supervising.
...at a gun range, where I imagine many others were armed.

You got a gun,... your buddy has gun,... in an area where many others have guns...(definitely not a "gun free zone")... and you're both killed by a nut with a gun.  
...and,... you're arguably the greatest gun expert in the world.  160 combat kills...
Did they need more guns?... more training?... better skills?...
Kyle wrote the book on American firearms.

https://www.newser.com/story/162136/american-sniper-shot-to-death-at-gun-rang...
American Sniper Shot to Death at Gun Range
Kyle has a forthcoming book, American Gun—A History of the US in Ten Firearms .

...but you could do better,... or a grade school teacher could...
...or maybe I could?...
I know Web, and JoG, and Mn could,... 'cause they know more about weather than Climate scientists, and more about heatstroke than doctors, and more about economics than economists,... and more about guns than a man with 160 kills...

Still think you're on the reasonable side?...

MIKE DROP!!!... Puleze!...
BOOM!!!Roll Eyes

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/19/19 at 15:25:40

T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 14:45:59:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 14:29:12:

The kids in Parkland died while an armed cop stood outside.

Yeah, stood outside.  Big difference.  There was a well trained police officer on the scene in 20 seconds, the shooter was taken out 10 seconds later.  You wanna tell me how "billy bob", or anyone else is going to do better?

If one of those teachers had been trained and had access to a firearm, would things have been different? No one knows and there's no way to know, but what we do know is everyone of us would rather a trained, armed teacher had access.

No, not all of us.  All of you.

Again, a trained officer is on the scene in 20 seconds and puts down a shooter in 10 seconds.

What kind of training are you gonna put these teachers through?  Oh, and who's gonna pay for it?

Why not put that money to where it can do more good - like, um, policing and profiling...  or did you miss the part where 3 mass shooting were circumvented this past week?

Huh? 20 seconds at Parkland? I was talking at Parking High School.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 08/19/19 at 15:30:31

Row, seatbelts don't ALWAYS save you.
In a shooting
You want to be
Armed
Or
Disarmed?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/19/19 at 15:30:36

Does anybody remember Chris Kyle,... trained, world class, sniper, with 160 kills?... shot to death at a gun range?

Ok, big deal. Do I post random times when someone with a citizen with a gun did stop somebody from getting killed and would that change you mind?

I know Web, and JoG, and Mn could,... 'cause they know more about weather than Climate scientists, and more about heatstroke than doctors, and more about economics than economists,... and more about guns than a man with 160 kills...

Still think you're on the reasonable side?...

Are you purposely not reading and comprehending sentences? Did I say I was the guy for the job? No. Did I say anyone at random was/ No. I said in this case, if YOU were in that building and there was an active shooter going room to room and the cop outside was hiding and the cops were minutes away.... would you want a teacher with training and access to a weapon?

TT said no. I get it, he's totally emasculated. You too?
Screw that..... I'd want a chance.  Jesus!, when did you guys turn into little girls....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 22:20:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good Guys Without Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.