YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Captive audience...
08/17/19 at 10:55:23

Fascism at it's finest... Grin

Shell Workers Had To Attend Trump Speech To Be Paid, Were Ordered Not To Protest
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/pennsylvania-shell-workers-only-paid-if-attend...

"Trump took full credit for the plant in his speech, even though it was initially approved in June 2016, during the Obama administration, CNN reported.

“It was the Trump administration that made it possible,“ Trump told workers.  “No one else. Without us, you would never have been able to do this.”
"

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Captive audience...
Reply #1 - 08/19/19 at 05:23:59

Aww, come on Sero, I'm sure this is fake news..... Cheesy

Of course, the conservatives on here are fine with forcing people to attend a rally.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/21/19 at 11:16:11

Not sure this was ever brought up on the TT, you know, 'cause I wasn't on here yet, but was anything ever said about this:

Donald Trump Campaign Offered Actors $50 to Cheer for Him at Presidential Announcement

Donald Trump's big presidential announcement Tuesday was made a little bigger with help from paid actors — at $50 a pop.

New York-based Extra Mile Casting sent an email last Friday to its client list of background actors, seeking extras to beef up attendance at Trump's event.

"We are looking to cast people for the event to wear t-shirts and carry signs and help cheer him in support of his announcement," reads the June 12 email, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. "We understand this is not a traditional 'background job,' but we believe acting comes in all forms and this is inclusive of that school of thought."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-offered-actors-80...

I just love how the righties accuse the left of doing things that they themselves are doing....

It's called "projection"....  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/21/19 at 12:19:34

Yea, not sure about that.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/21/19 at 12:50:11

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 12:19:34:
Yea, not sure about that.

LOL - yeah, just because you don't like the facts, doesn't mean they aren't true.

Your orange boy had to pay actors to attend his little "escalator" stunt.

How f-ing pathetic..... but how f-ing fitting.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/21/19 at 13:02:48

Facts? What facts?

The article says Shell Oil sent a memo to the union telling them to attend or not be paid.

They put that in writing. Shell Oil management to their union?  Huh Huh Huh  

And you TDS infected gullible mental giants believe that?

So I went to the actual newspaper article. I don't know, maybe it's just me but wouldn't you think you'd actually get a copy of the memo for the story??? Nope, nothing. Just quotes from UNION workers about their MANAGEMENT.  And, if you geniuses actually read the article, there's a bit more to it than what Yahoo Huffington Post article said about '...they had to attend to get paid....'

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/21/19 at 13:26:24

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 13:02:48:
Facts? What facts?

The article says Shell Oil sent a memo to the union telling them to attend or not be paid.

They put that in writing. Shell Oil management to their union?  Huh Huh Huh  

And you TDS infected gullible mental giants believe that?

So I went to the actual newspaper article. I don't know, maybe it's just me but wouldn't you think you'd actually get a copy of the memo for the story??? Nope, nothing. Just quotes from UNION workers about their MANAGEMENT.  And, if you geniuses actually read the article, there's a bit more to it than what Yahoo Huffington Post article said about '...they had to attend to get paid....'

LOL - once again, projection on the part of a conservative!

Face it mark, your orange boy had to pay people to show up to his "escalator ride" and he's having people paid to come to his "non-campaign" event. (Hey, btw, did you know that we taxpayers had to pay for his little "non-campaign" event...even though it was clearly a campaign event.  Tired of winning yet?)

What part of "they had to attend to get paid" is different than "they were paid to attend"?

LOL - too easy mark - just too easy.

You may want to abandon your effort to make excuses for trump on this one.

You ain't gonna win.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/21/19 at 13:29:23

So you think Shell Oil management sent a memo to their union demanding the workers show up and behave with Trump or they wouldn't bet paid?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/21/19 at 13:40:07

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 13:29:23:
So you think Shell Oil management sent a memo to their union demanding the workers show up and behave with Trump or they wouldn't bet paid?  

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” said the rules that one contractor relayed to employees, summarizing points from a memo that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those who showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their ID cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” a supervisor for that contractor wrote.

Shell spokesman Ray Fisher explained that the workers onsite have a 56-hour workweek, with 16 hours of overtime built in. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work Friday, meeting the overtime threshold, were being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those who didn’t go to hear the president were being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site Tuesday.

The contractor's talking points, preparing his workers for the event read:

“No yelling, shouting, protesting or anything viewed as resistance will be tolerated at the event. An underlying theme of the event is to promote good will from the unions. Your building trades leaders and jobs stewards have agreed to this.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2019/08/16/Trump-speech-unio...

Further, don't ignore the other point I made - your orange boy had to pay people to show up to his initial campaign announcement in 2015.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/21/19 at 13:56:28

Sew posted that. You thought it was entirely believable that a company like Shell Oil would demand in writing their union workers show up and behave or not get paid. Your TDS infected eyes and brain didn't even really think it through. Never occurred to you that the actual memo should be easily obtained. Never occurred to you that something just didn't seem right.....

Now you're trying to dodge by referring to a different article. Fine, dodge away.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/21/19 at 14:08:10

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 13:56:28:
Sew posted that. You thought it was entirely believable that a company like Shell Oil would demand in writing their union workers show up and behave or not get paid. Your TDS infected eyes and brain didn't even really think it through. Never occurred to you that the actual memo should be easily obtained. Never occurred to you that something just didn't seem right.....

Now you're trying to dodge by referring to a different article. Fine, dodge away.

Grin Are you serious?

So, you're going to ignore the fact that Shell spokesman Ray Fisher explained that the workers onsite have a 56-hour workweek, with 16 hours of overtime built in. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work Friday, meeting the overtime threshold, were being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those who didn’t go to hear the president were being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site Tuesday.

WTF is wrong with you?  You think everything that trump says is the truth and everything else is "fake news"?

Yeah, talk about TDS.... you got it.

Wait, lemme guess.... Ray Fisher is a made up person... right?

You are so willfully ignorant it's funny, mark.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/21/19 at 14:14:40

There are sharp tools in the shed, there are dull tools in the shed and then there's you.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/21/19 at 14:18:53

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 14:14:40:
There are sharp tools in the shed, there are dull tools in the shed and then there's you.

mark = ignorance = bliss

You go ahead and pretend that none of this happened.  You go ahead and pretend that these statements never existed.  You go ahead and pretend that trump didn't pay anyone to attend his little rallies.  Whatever helps you sleep at night, mark.  Just don't come crying to us when it all falls apart in spectacular fashion in front of the entire planet.

I for one, can't f-ing wait!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/21/19 at 14:32:10

Pretend what didn't happen? That Shell Oil sent a memo saying if you didn't show up and behave, you wouldn't get paid?  No, that didn't happen.

Did they have a company meeting they wanted workers to attend? Yep.
Did they put something in writing? Sure, believable. Did it say show up or not get paid? Again, no. Did the liberal media lie and turn this into a fake news event that idiots believed? Yep.

You go ahead and pretend that trump didn't pay anyone to attend his little rallies.  Rallies like the one in NH the other night? No, he's not paying anyone to show up at that. Do you think he is?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/21/19 at 14:46:48

WebsterMark wrote on 08/21/19 at 14:32:10:
Pretend what didn't happen? That Shell Oil sent a memo saying if you didn't show up and behave, you wouldn't get paid?  No, that didn't happen. So this is a lie?:“Your attendance is not mandatory,” said the rules that one contractor relayed to employees, summarizing points from a memo that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those who showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their ID cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” a supervisor for that contractor wrote.

Any idea what "slander" is, mark?  If this was "faked", the union would be all over the paper that printed it.  C'mon, you can't be that stupid.... can you?

Did they have a company meeting they wanted workers to attend? Yep.
Did they put something in writing? Sure, believable. Did it say show up or not get paid? Again, no. (see quote above re: “NO SCAN, NO PAY”) Did the liberal media lie and turn this into a fake news event that idiots believed? Yep.

Lie?  By what, reporting facts??  

You go ahead and pretend that trump didn't pay anyone to attend his little rallies.  Rallies like the one in NH the other night? No, he's not paying anyone to show up at that. Do you think he is? - Was I referring to that one?  No.  Did I refer to his initial 2015 announcement?  Yes.  Stay focused, huh?

You're ignorant, mark.  No matter what facts I show you, you'll just cover your ears and say "blah, blah, blah, I don't believe it".

What the hell's the point?  You cant argue with such childish attitudes.
Fine, be that way.  I don't care.  It just proves my point that no matter what your orange boy does or says, you'll go along with it.

It's really pathetic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:22:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Captive audience...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.