Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right? (Read 1037 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?
08/15/19 at 08:46:03

July was Earth's hottest month on record

July 2019 was the Earth's hottest month on record, federal scientists announced Thursday.

The global temperature for July was some 1.71 degrees above average, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said. Records date back to 1880.

July's heat follows on the heels of what was the hottest June on record.

For the year-to-date, 2019 is tied with 2017 as the second-warmest year on record. It's virtually certain 2019 will be one of the 5 warmest years on record, according to NOAA climate scientist Deke Arndt.

One of the most notable weather headlines around the globe in July was the record-shattering heat wave that spread across Europe late in the month, AccuWeather reported.

France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands and the United Kingdom all set new all-time high temperature records. This includes high temperatures of 101.7 degrees in Cambridge, England, and 108.7 degrees in Paris.

On the other side of the Northern Hemisphere, Alaska baked under extreme heat, AccuWeather said.

On July 4, Anchorage hit the 90-degree mark for the first time in the city’s history.

The heat also helped fuel huge wildfires in the Arctic, in such locations as Alaska, Siberia and Greenland.

Other climate monitoring groups, including Berkeley Earth and the Copernicus Climate Copernicus Climate Change Service, also said July 2019 was the warmest month on record.

Human activities, principally the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation, are causing the global average temperature to increase at a dangerous rate, unprecedented in human history, according to Climate Signals.

Yeah, but this is all some sort of hoax, right conservatives?   Huh

SMH

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?
Reply #1 - 08/15/19 at 09:03:05

We're heading for record 107f today, 110f tomorrow.

Chrome door handle warning in effect... Grin

I think this might be the year that even Conservatives take notice.
I can't believe the temps Europe is seeing....
....they're getting Tucson weather.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/15/19 at 09:09:21

Serowbot wrote on 08/15/19 at 09:03:05:
We're heading for record 107f today, 110f tomorrow.

Chrome door handle warning in effect... Grin

LOL - and shorts on leather seats!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/15/19 at 16:08:10

Its obvious:

"July 2019 was the Earth's hottest month on record, federal scientists announced Thursday."

They are paid to say that.  They can't be trusted, its fake news.  It was colder in my area today than it was last year so global warming isn't happening based off of my observed reality.

Ethiopia just this month had 30 million trees begin growing, that should be a clear sign that global warming isn't real, just look at all those trees.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ethiopia-plants-350-million-trees-1...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/15/19 at 16:15:17

Eegore wrote on 08/15/19 at 16:08:10:
 Its obvious:

"July 2019 was the Earth's hottest month on record, federal scientists announced Thursday."

They are paid to say that.  They can't be trusted, its fake news.  It was colder in my area today than it was last year so global warming isn't happening based off of my observed reality.

Ethiopia just this month had 30 million trees begin growing, that should be a clear sign that global warming isn't real, just look at all those trees.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ethiopia-plants-350-million-trees-1...

LOL - awesome post Eegore!

Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/16/19 at 03:51:05

I don't know Anyone who says things aren't changing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/16/19 at 05:58:12

I know several people who look at the weather each day and say climate change is a hoax.  To be fair though nobody on this forum has.

On the other end the comparisons are pseudo science or evaluations based off of a very limited scope of information presented in large-scale studies.  

I have no problem questioning the validity or accuracy of doomsday claims, but to cherry-pick information basically invalidates any argument because if you don't like it, it must not be true.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/16/19 at 06:52:10

The IPCC temperature predictions have not matched actual. On top of that, there are arguments back and forth about which method of temperature data collection methods are the most valid. The Climategate emails were devastating, but mostly ignored and the scandal declared DOA by the MSM.  

No one on this forum can point to anything in their lives that has been negatively impacted by the minute change in the average global temperature. Nothing.

Also, the idea that climate change is the most important security issue facing mankind today is lunacy.

Of course it is unreasonable to think that 7 billion people have no impact on climate. Seems reasonable to believe we do. The question is how much, is it a negative impact, and will our natural trajectory of technological improvement remove the elements that potentially cause it?

One side, the left, have turned this issue into something akin to a religion with those not fully committed as basically committing apostasy.  In response, the other side, the right, has dug it's heals in and will ignore any reasonable discussion.

My sense is the religious zealotry is slowly dying out and a more reasonable and logical approach will eventually win out.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/16/19 at 07:00:39

"No one on this forum can point to anything in their lives that has been negatively impacted by the minute change in the average global temperature. Nothing."

Growing up in agriculture I can say that for the farmers in my area, there has been change and that change has reduced yield of higher-profit margin crops.  This is local temperature and not global average, so maybe this doesn't fit into your assessment.

This weather change is very well documented and as such forward-thinking farmers have been able to adjust by utilizing modern weather prediction models.  They still grow, they just can't grow the same yield as years prior.  Farmers that have not done this have either failed to gain profit, or have sold.

Fishing industries have been hit pretty hard too, but I do not know enough to outline specifics.  

"One side, the left, have turned this issue into something akin to a religion with those not fully committed as basically committing apostasy.  In response, the other side, the right, has dug it's heals in and will ignore any reasonable discussion."

I agree with this.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/16/19 at 08:27:19

WebsterMark wrote on 08/16/19 at 06:52:10:
The IPCC temperature predictions have not matched actual. On top of that, there are arguments back and forth about which method of temperature data collection methods are the most valid. The Climategate emails were devastating, but mostly ignored and the scandal declared DOA by the MSM.  

No one on this forum can point to anything in their lives that has been negatively impacted by the minute change in the average global temperature. Nothing.

LOL - "minute"?  Really?  Well, here in Chicago, no, not much has changed.  But back where I grew up - record snowfalls for 5 years and counting, record high waters (read flooding) for 3 years.  In 2018, Houghton, MI was nearly wiped off the map due to flooding.

So, just because you've not seen an effect yet, doesn't mean the rest of the world hasn't.

It's like that moron who brought a snowball into Congress to "prove" there was no global warming.

Also, the idea that climate change is the most important security issue facing mankind today is lunacy.

That's the attitude that's gotten us this far into it.  The scientific community agrees that we're teetering on the edge of no return.  If we as a Planet don't start now, the effects of climate change may be irreversible.

Of course it is unreasonable to think that 7 billion people have no impact on climate. Seems reasonable to believe we do. The question is how much, is it a negative impact, and will our natural trajectory of technological improvement remove the elements that potentially cause it?

We have a huge impact, that's pretty obvious form the rate of change in temperature since the Industrial Revolution.  As to fixing it - we could also do that.  Hell, we went from Kitty Hawk to the Moon in 66 years...

One side, the left, have turned this issue into something akin to a religion with those not fully committed as basically committing apostasy.  In response, the other side, the right, has dug it's heals in and will ignore any reasonable discussion.

My sense is the religious zealotry is slowly dying out and a more reasonable and logical approach will eventually win out.

LOL - the "logical" approach IS the scientific one that you deem "the left".

SMH

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/16/19 at 09:09:12

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to Rev. T and T Garage.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/16/19 at 09:16:17

WebsterMark wrote on 08/16/19 at 09:09:12:
Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to Rev. T and T Garage.

Make fun all you want.

You are in the minority when it comes to global warming.

But hey, what do you care?  You'll be long gone when our children and grandchildren are left to face the consequences.

Such compassion.  <<<sarcasm

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/16/19 at 09:32:40

But hey, what do you care?  You'll be long gone when our children and grandchildren are left to face the consequences.

darn, I didn't miss communion this morning did I?....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/16/19 at 09:39:14

WebsterMark wrote on 08/16/19 at 09:32:40:

darn, I didn't miss communion this morning did I?....

Like I said - go right ahead and laugh it off.

I'm very comfortable with my position.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/16/19 at 09:54:24

I am laughing.
The people who told me Miami and NYC would be under water by now we're comfortable then too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 20:13:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.