Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right? (Read 1037 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?
Reply #75 - 08/19/19 at 14:40:24

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 10:19:46:
You see, here's the thing: I'm the one with the reasonable point of you on this topic.

I see,... why should we bother listening to scientists and doctors when we have you?...
It's only reasonable that we believe you... over thousands of experts with years of experience and PhD's...

You're that guy that yell's at the quarterback on TV, aren't you?...
Grin Grin Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 08/19/19 at 14:50:02

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 14:25:02:
I've often times said you make little sense, but you seem bound and determined to overachieve today.

So, did you say this:

"Why haven't I noticed a difference caused by this catastrophic change in climate?"

Just a simple yes or no.

If you answer "no", then you're lying.

If you answer "yes", then my position on how world hunger is fake because I just ate and no one I know is starving, is pretty relevant.

You may want to go back and look at what you're basing your "expert" opinion on, mark.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 08/19/19 at 15:32:09

My God you're clueless.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #78 - 08/19/19 at 15:33:03

T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 14:50:02:
world hunger is fake because I just ate and no one I know is starving

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 08/19/19 at 15:50:46

"My question was can those 'drastic'  variances be positively linked to a fraction of a temp change in global average temperature? "

Again: What is your parameters for "positively linked"?

Until we know what that is we can not possibly answer that question.

I outlined mine, and the agriculture activity not just in my area, but in many meet those numbers.  Also the fishing industry particularly in the Pacific however I have limited numbers on that.  

I agree there are a tremendous amount of variables, and not all outcomes are due to man-made influence.  

I do still argue however that every weather model ever made is not incorrect.  Too many people use them to create successful business plans for all of them to always be incorrect.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 08/19/19 at 16:36:00

I agree there are a tremendous amount of variables, and not all outcomes are due to man-made influence.  

Not all? You can't positively identify a single one. Sounds like you're looking at data generated after multiple alterations were made to the process and assuming some results were the result of temperature change.

I do still argue however that every weather model ever made is not incorrect.  Too many people use them to create successful business plans for all of them to always be incorrect.

No, their is no evidence to suggest their successful plans were because they made adjustments that countered an increase in temperature. Shell oil for example may have taken what were ultimately financially profitable steps but that success may have had nothing to do with countering a tiny increase in temperature. It may have had everything to do with playing the political game and pretending they believe global warming is a serious threat in order to capture business from customers who require sustainability plans be in place before they engage in business with them.
Shell Oil did not invest in equipment with a 1 degree C grester heat resistance and because of that investment, earned more profit.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #81 - 08/19/19 at 16:38:12

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 12:31:52:
My question was can those 'drastic'  variances be positively linked to a fraction of a temp change in global average temperature?  

Nothing "makes" weather..., everything "contributes" to weather.
People far more knowledgeable than us, say we are contributing too much.

If your doctor says, "cut out the cookies"... he's not saying that is the cause,... just that it's contributing.
So, do you ignore him?...

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 08/19/19 at 19:14:46

"Not all? You can't positively identify a single one. Sounds like you're looking at data generated after multiple alterations were made to the process and assuming some results were the result of temperature change."

Then I am not portraying what I am using correctly.  The assessment of accuracy comes from comparing a prediction to the measured outcome in the timeframe the prediction was made.  From 1983 to now, some, not all, weather models have had high accuracy.

If a weather model predicts on Jan 01 2019 there will be snow 1-2 inches of snow on Jan 02 2019 and then on Jan 02 2019 1.78 inches of snow falls the prediction would by my standard be considered accurate.

If a weather model predicts an annual increase in watershed irrigation volume of 28-34% the following year and the watershed irrigation volume increases by 29% that prediction by my standard would be correct.

I can't speak for Shell Oil, I only am referencing the agriculture belt where my land is.  People who use predictive weather modeling to pre-purchase seed, prepare land and develop distribution strategies have higher returns than those who do not.  

It may be completely coincidental but by my standard the multi-decade results are too consistent to meet the definition of coincidence.  

To clarify: The businesses I am directly involved with by means of land-use and lease of water-shares use predictive weather modeling.  My assessment of such does not include any other business such as Shell Oil.  As such my assessment is that not every single weather model ever made is inaccurate.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #83 - 08/19/19 at 22:34:08

The ones created by the warmlarmists and used to generate fear of the future sure have been Wrong.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 08/20/19 at 05:17:27

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 15:32:09:

So... no answer?

Even though you're the one that said "Why haven't I noticed a difference caused by this catastrophic change in climate?" - you call me clueless?

Grin Thanks mark! You've proved my point!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #85 - 08/20/19 at 05:33:32

Serowbot wrote on 08/19/19 at 16:38:12:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 12:31:52:
My question was can those 'drastic'  variances be positively linked to a fraction of a temp change in global average temperature?  

Nothing "makes" weather..., everything "contributes" to weather.
People far more knowledgeable than us, say we are contributing too much.

If your doctor says, "cut out the cookies"... he's not saying that is the cause,... just that it's contributing.
So, do you ignore him?...

People far  more knowledgeable than us have been wrong plenty of times. The vast majority of intelligence agencies said Iraq had WMD. Not sure but guessing you sided with those that suspected that wasn't true. I'll point out The Population Bomb again. Had all of us been on this forum back then, you would have been on that bus. How'd that work out?

Climate Change is a huge business today. These people are not going to easily see the light.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #86 - 08/20/19 at 05:44:34

Eegore wrote on 08/19/19 at 19:14:46:
"Not all? You can't positively identify a single one. Sounds like you're looking at data generated after multiple alterations were made to the process and assuming some results were the result of temperature change."

Then I am not portraying what I am using correctly.  The assessment of accuracy comes from comparing a prediction to the measured outcome in the timeframe the prediction was made.  From 1983 to now, some, not all, weather models have had high accuracy.

If a weather model predicts on Jan 01 2019 there will be snow 1-2 inches of snow on Jan 02 2019 and then on Jan 02 2019 1.78 inches of snow falls the prediction would by my standard be considered accurate.

If a weather model predicts an annual increase in watershed irrigation volume of 28-34% the following year and the watershed irrigation volume increases by 29% that prediction by my standard would be correct.

I can't speak for Shell Oil, I only am referencing the agriculture belt where my land is.  People who use predictive weather modeling to pre-purchase seed, prepare land and develop distribution strategies have higher returns than those who do not.  

It may be completely coincidental but by my standard the multi-decade results are too consistent to meet the definition of coincidence.  

To clarify: The businesses I am directly involved with by means of land-use and lease of water-shares use predictive weather modeling.  My assessment of such does not include any other business such as Shell Oil.  As such my assessment is that not every single weather model ever made is inaccurate.

Let's wrap this up. I say no one can prove definitively a change in any pattern or event that was caused by the .38c increase in average temperature since 1979. Nothing you've written challenged that. Are the models those people used to prepurchase seeds or otherwise alter production techniques saying a tiny fraction of a degree triggers the drastic production changes? I can't believe that's true. There's more too these models. What parameters are they projecting? El Nino, etc...?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 08/20/19 at 05:47:04

WebsterMark wrote on 08/20/19 at 05:44:34:
Eegore wrote on 08/19/19 at 19:14:46:

Let's wrap this up. I say no one can prove definitively a change in any pattern or event that was caused by the .38c increase in average temperature since 1979. Nothing you've written challenged that. Are the models those people used to prepurchase seeds or otherwise alter production techniques saying a tiny fraction of a degree triggers the drastic production changes? I can't believe that's true. There's more too these models. What parameters are they projecting? El Nino, etc...?

What the hell's the point?

Eegore has pasted you with data and you just ignore it.

Nothing can educate an ignorant person except that very person.

For Christ's sake mark - move on.  We get it, you won't believe it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 08/20/19 at 05:54:02

T And T Garage wrote on 08/20/19 at 05:17:27:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 15:32:09:

So... no answer?

Even though you're the one that said "Why haven't I noticed a difference caused by this catastrophic change in climate?" - you call me clueless?

Grin Thanks mark! You've proved my point!

You're really not that bright are you?

Its been 30 years. Why can't I see these drastic changes you guys are telling me about. Its a 28 mile stretch of river that's virtually untouched by humans. No farms or business. Any change in the pattern of nature over 30 years should be very noticeable.

How about because a tiny fraction of increase in the global average temperature is meaningless to the ecosystem. It's absorbed. I can't see any difference because there isn't any difference.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #89 - 08/20/19 at 05:59:09

What the hell's the point?
Eegore has pasted you with data and you just ignore it.
Nothing can educate an ignorant person except that very person.
For Christ's sake mark - move on.  We get it, you won't believe it.

No, Eegore did not post any data. He made subjective statements with figures that do not answer the question which is how a tiny fraction of a degree is used in modeling software to accurately predict  future conditions and allowed those users to adjust procedures that resulted in higher yields precisely because they adjusted for the "drastic" changes he mentioned.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 00:16:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.