Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right? (Read 1037 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?
Reply #60 - 08/19/19 at 07:47:29

"That doesn't make sense, should have been 100 years ago right?  In 2002/2003 during this global warming catastrophe, Michigan had the longest, coldest winter on record."

That's not how global warming works.  This is part of why the terminology was revised to climate "change". If you are saying climate change is only an increase in temperature universally across the globe then yes, wherever you got that information was very wrong, that from what I have seen is not possible.  For instance "global warming" should decrease temperatures in certain latitudes.

I know at my place in CO it is warmer, and at my place in NY it is colder.  So in CO global warming is a for sure thing, but in NY its fake.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 08/19/19 at 08:02:07

"Again I ask, are you telling me that a fraction of a degree is causing 'drastic' changes in agriculture? I don't believe that."

What kind of references would you need?

Also what do you consider "drastic"?

To me in agriculture we take the entire recorded history available for the 25 most-common recorded yield products that have been annually planted since 1983, where the hydrology records are consistent.  

I then take into account 5 separate timeframes of agriculture growth post 1983 to create a national average.  For instance corn yield from 1983 - 1988, 1988 - 1993 etc.  We look at variances and note changes in yield per acre.  Yield per acre presents a specific percentage breakdown based off of total planted availability.  

Once a national average of change per crop type per timeframe block are compared it shows a percentage change of 18% is most common.

In an area where I am there exists with certain crops a change of 200% or more in only one of the 5 timeframes that creates the total crop yield average.  When examined it was found that the higher percentage change crop yield locations used predictive weather modeling.  These locations also show consistent higher yield annual output than those who do not use the modeling.  

There is a lot more math involved but I am not going to start loading tables, graphs and algorithms that will most likely never be read.

I consider a change of 200% in one fifth of the examined time-frame horizon a "drastic" change as I personally consider in most cases a percentage change of 35% or higher to be "drastic" by my definition.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 08/19/19 at 08:43:22

And these changes are positively attributed to the change in climate that is positively attributed to mankind's increase of co2?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #63 - 08/19/19 at 09:00:24

Serowbot wrote on 08/18/19 at 17:09:12:
The problem is, any proof can be denied... and will be by a Climate denier...
What would satisfy you as an undeniable proof?...

Heat wave killed 11,000 in France
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/29/france

Exactly as I said...
     you will deny any proof presented and won't say what you would accept as a proof positive.

Climate science is a global calculus,... That number is going up.  All the other examples of extreme weather are symptoms of that.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 08/19/19 at 09:09:20

11,000 people did not die in France because of climate change. That's ridiculous.

How about the more likely explanation which is that an ageing population closely clustered together in areas of higher than average poverty had deaths from a typical and expected summer heat wave. The death toll was estimated and declared "probably" correct. You know, 'probably'.... that very scientific term.

Willing to bet a few months from now a report will come out quietly noting that the actual death toll was substantially less. Willing to bet you won't post that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 08/19/19 at 09:21:10

In 1911, France had a crushing heat wave that killed an estimated 41,000. There was a corresponding heat wave in Northeastern USA also.
Temp his 106 in New Hampshire.

Using heat deaths as yet another Chicken Little type tactic is problematic. There are so many more variables more likely than a fraction of a degree increase in average temperature.

I could say we have far fewer heat deaths today than ever before. I'm sure that's true, but I wouldn't say that's due to global cooling. Its clearly due to many other variable such as the common availability of air conditioning, general prosperity, better water etc...  

Global warming converts, however, grab anything and hold it up as some kind of warning. It's silly. You've got a freaking brain, use it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 08/19/19 at 10:19:46

You see, here's the thing: I'm the one with the reasonable point of you on this topic. You've seen Sew and TT post ridiculous claims about climate change.  My position is that it's very likely humans have affected the climate, not the weather but the climate. It seems logical to assume 7 1/2 billion people would do that.  I just don't see nor have I read anything that honestly makes me believe it is as serious as claimed. And I think its likely as we continue to progress from a technological point of view, the likelihood decreases.

Think for a minute if we'd had an Internet and a motorcycle forum back in the 70s. Paul Ehrlich was crying about world population growth and how we were all going to be dead from starvation soon. My guess is the leftist on here would've hopped right on board with that. No questions asked; they would've been trumpeting his claims as gospel truth at the top of their voices. Any objections I made would have been met with the same scorn as I get now for suggesting we ask for a little proof before taking action. Think how many times this same scenario has played out? And not just on the left necessary. Remember the dominos falling if we didn't stop the VC?

No, I don't believe its as bad as they say. No, I don't believe Eegore can prove his claims about agriculture. No, ( ha ha ha) just because its snowed and flooded in TT hometown, we're all gonna ice skate to work next week. And no, 11000 people didn't die who otherwise wouldn't have if we'd just listened to Al Gore all those years ago.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 08/19/19 at 11:08:55

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 07:30:38:
T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 05:43:38:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/18/19 at 16:53:12:
As I've said, and this is key, no one on here can point to a single solitary positivity confirmed consequence of the minute increase in global temperature in our own personal day to day life for our entire lifetime. None.

LOL - you ignored my post about it.  How convenient.

You posted "record snowfalls.....record high water....nearly wiped off the map....."   So you're saying a tiny fraction of a degree change in temp caused this in one tiny area of the country?

Yes.  What's so hard to comprehend?   Go ask the folks of Houghton, MI if they believe that climate change is a hoax....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 08/19/19 at 11:10:54

Yea cause that’s scientific. The party of science!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 08/19/19 at 11:12:09

Hey everybody!  I just finished lunch!  World Hunger now a thing of the past!!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 08/19/19 at 12:13:04

"No, I don't believe Eegore can prove his claims about agriculture."

Why I would have any reason to fabricate agriculture yield numbers I do not know.  They aren't claims, they are numbers, and actual product.  Things we eat.

If you would like to go over the information I can have it compiled and go over it with you.  My personal hydrology reports I could get sooner, they are only a few hundred pages.  I could have a portfolio done by mid September that you and I could go over that is more extensive.

Also I could see if any local owners would be willing to talk to you as well.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 08/19/19 at 12:31:52

I don't think you're fabricating yield numbers.

There are a million (note to the Rev TT: that's a figure of speech meant to convey the idea of a large number) variables involved.

My question was can those 'drastic'  variances be positively linked to a fraction of a temp change in global average temperature?  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 08/19/19 at 12:33:04

T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 11:12:09:

If that suited your partisanship; its entirely believable you'd say that Reverend.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #73 - 08/19/19 at 12:38:10

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 12:33:04:
T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 11:12:09:

If that suited your partisanship; its entirely believable you'd say that Reverend.  

Well gee mark, I don't see any hunger issues in my house, or even in my whole neighborhood!  How can there be millions of people starving?

That's fake news, right?

C'mon, you name one person that you know that is starving....

Ha!  See, there is no such thing!

(see how that works?)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 08/19/19 at 14:25:02

I've often times said you make little sense, but you seem bound and determined to overachieve today.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 00:21:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.