Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right? (Read 1037 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?
Reply #45 - 08/18/19 at 12:59:17

"You keep saying that.
I don't know what you are talking about."

These claims that there are no working, useable accurate weather models

"BULLSHIT
Every Frikken
Model
Is wrong as crap
"

There are many weather models that are accurately used in industry today.  Like a lot of them.  

But lets ignore those and just say "Every" one is wrong so we can perpetuate this philosophy that anyone who believes in climate change uses false information and is wrong all the time.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 08/18/19 at 16:49:13

CO2 increase and global warming is not a hoax. Vastly, vastly overestimating the amount of increase is.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 08/18/19 at 16:53:12

As I've said, and this is key, no one on here can point to a single solitary positivity confirmed consequence of the minute increase in global temperature in our own personal day to day life for our entire lifetime. None.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #48 - 08/18/19 at 17:09:12

The problem is, any proof can be denied... and will be by a Climate denier...
What would satisfy you as an undeniable proof?...

Heat wave killed 11,000 in France
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/aug/29/france

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 08/18/19 at 19:51:46

fine, explain to me how a tiny difference in the global average temperature killed 11,000 people?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 08/18/19 at 19:52:02

"As I've said, and this is key, no one on here can point to a single solitary positivity confirmed consequence of the minute increase in global temperature in our own personal day to day life for our entire lifetime. None. "

What are your parameters for a positively confirmed consequence?

For me the drastic changes in agriculture in my area, and the fact we can use predictive modeling, and have, to create more efficient crop structure is to me, a consequence and can be positively confirmed as records have been kept for decades.

But changing agriculture due to weather may not be a positively confirmed consequence of climate change.  

So what is?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 08/19/19 at 04:14:18

For me the drastic changes in agriculture in my area, and the fact we can use predictive modeling, and have, to create more efficient crop structure is to me, a consequence and can be positively confirmed as records have been kept for decades.

Yea, sounds like BS. So a few decades of keeping temperatures which show an average difference of a fraction of a degree has drastically changed agricultural in your  area? The average temperature difference since 1979 for the US is .38C degree higher. That's from the NOAA satellite data since 1979.

Agriculture methods and techniques change constantly as the search to improve output marches on, not from a tiny change in average temp.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 08/19/19 at 04:30:27

But changing agriculture due to weather may not be a positively confirmed consequence of climate change.  

So what is?

Exactly, what is it? If this is the single largest threat to humanity, if we are pouring billions into research, I hear every day we are dooming our children's future to a bleak existence, you'd think I'd actually notice wouldn't you.

My brother and I have been taking an annual kayak fishing trip down a southern Missouri river for probably over 30 years now. Very remote area, protected waterway meaning no cattle or farm fields allowed within a certain number of miles to prevent contamination from draining. The rivers are spring fed, you can drink right out of the spring if you want. Everything is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago.

Some years we catch more fish than others. We usually go for a few weekdays in late August or early September after school starts so there's less chance of running into annoying kids. Its been hotter than hell a few times, other times you freeze your tail off.

Why haven't I noticed a difference caused by this catastrophic change in climate?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 08/19/19 at 05:43:38

WebsterMark wrote on 08/18/19 at 16:53:12:
As I've said, and this is key, no one on here can point to a single solitary positivity confirmed consequence of the minute increase in global temperature in our own personal day to day life for our entire lifetime. None.

LOL - you ignored my post about it.  How convenient.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 08/19/19 at 05:51:40

WebsterMark wrote on 08/19/19 at 04:30:27:

So what is?

Exactly, what is it? If this is the single largest threat to humanity, if we are pouring billions into research, I hear every day we are dooming our children's future to a bleak existence, you'd think I'd actually notice wouldn't you.

My brother and I have been taking an annual kayak fishing trip down a southern Missouri river for probably over 30 years now. Very remote area, protected waterway meaning no cattle or farm fields allowed within a certain number of miles to prevent contamination from draining. The rivers are spring fed, you can drink right out of the spring if you want. Everything is exactly the same as it was 30 years ago.

Some years we catch more fish than others. We usually go for a few weekdays in late August or early September after school starts so there's less chance of running into annoying kids. Its been hotter than hell a few times, other times you freeze your tail off.

Why haven't I noticed a difference caused by this catastrophic change in climate?  - Seriously??  Are you really that myopic???  Why the hell are you even commenting on this if you live in ignorance and base all your knowledge on a strictly right-wing viewpoint and refuse to see that climate change we're seeing right now is NOT natural?

"I personally think that all these shark attacks are fake.  Why haven't I seen any proof of this in my area...."

Tell you what, why not back the fossil fuel industry directly by turning your house back to a coal fired furnace, get yourself a diesel generator for your power, buy the biggest SUV you can that gets 2 gallons to the mile, and to get rid of all that pesky garbage, just start burning everything - plastic, rubber, etc......

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 08/19/19 at 07:30:38

T And T Garage wrote on 08/19/19 at 05:43:38:
WebsterMark wrote on 08/18/19 at 16:53:12:

LOL - you ignored my post about it.  How convenient.

You posted "record snowfalls.....record high water....nearly wiped off the map....."   So you're saying a tiny fraction of a degree change in temp caused this in one tiny area of the country?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 08/19/19 at 07:32:12

- Seriously??  Are you really that myopic???  Why the hell are you even commenting on this if you live in ignorance and base all your knowledge on a strictly right-wing viewpoint and refuse to see that climate change we're seeing right now is NOT natural?

"I personally think that all these shark attacks are fake.  Why haven't I seen any proof of this in my area...."

Tell you what, why not back the fossil fuel industry directly by turning your house back to a coal fired furnace, get yourself a diesel generator for your power, buy the biggest SUV you can that gets 2 gallons to the mile, and to get rid of all that pesky garbage, just start burning everything - plastic, rubber, etc......

"....Rev T and T Garage will be delivering this morning's message."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 08/19/19 at 07:41:15

"Exactly, what is it?"

That was my question.  Because if the end of man is your acceptable parameter for climate change consequence then we would already know there is no possible information in existence that would meet your definition.

If you have no actual parameters of what you will accept as global climate change by your own definition or assessment then there's no reason to have this discussion.

Your kayak trip appears to be anecdotal, my agriculture reference has literally hundreds of thousands of pieces of data, that are used with accuracy, for many agriculture uses by many people.  Also there is an alternate outcome consistence from organizations that do not use these weather models.  

Again we have a situation where the focus is on doomsday predictions instead of useable ones, that have been reliably used by thousands for decades now to improve industrial economic output.  Of course none of them mean anything if you do not have a clear definition of what you consider a consequence of climate change.

If you had some parameters we would know right away if any of the information we have meets your standard.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 08/19/19 at 07:42:33

Some notes about Michigan during this period of global warming. Hottest ever recorded was way back in 1936 at 112f. You'd think that would have been eclipsed by now. Coldest was 1994. That doesn't make sense, should have been 100 years ago right?  In 2002/2003 during this global warming catastrophe, Michigan had the longest, coldest winter on record. Below 40 f for 90% of the time and lower than 32f for 76% of the time. Also, it was the driest winter on record with only 2.24" of precipitation.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 08/19/19 at 07:47:15

Your kayak trip appears to be anecdotal, my agriculture reference has literally hundreds of thousands of pieces of data, that are used with accuracy, for many agriculture uses by many people.  Also there is an alternate outcome consistence from organizations that do not use these weather models.  

Absolutely my trip is anecdotal. Which was my point. Look at what Rev TT posted. People accept $hit like that and cry global warming.
So I keep hearing how the world is coming to an end so again, why don't I see it?

my agriculture reference has literally hundreds of thousands of pieces of data, that are used with accuracy, for many agriculture uses by many people.  Also there is an alternate outcome consistence from organizations that do not use these weather models.  

Again I ask, are you telling me that a fraction of a degree is causing 'drastic' changes in agriculture? I don't believe that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 22:26:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Yeah, It's A Hoax, Right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.