Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Somebody had a really rough stop.Him (Read 354 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Somebody had a really rough stop.Him
Reply #45 - 08/27/19 at 14:47:58

Yeah, Dave, it ain't set up fair.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Somebody had a really rough stop.Him
Reply #46 - 08/27/19 at 15:15:49

Dave wrote on 08/27/19 at 07:19:00:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/26/19 at 06:44:21:
The Assholes are trying to say I Declined uninsured,,
Funny thing, I carry it on the cars,,,

Getting insurance is very complex, and being sure that all the correct boxes are "checked" is difficult.  The only proof you have is your policy statement - did you keep a copy of it?

It seems to be another example of a government that is not very functional in some areas.  In order for you to license a car....insurance is mandatory, and yet somehow folks are driving without a license or insurance.....and these folks seem to bang into other drivers frequently.  It would seem to be appropriate that if the other driver was charged with the fault and they don't have insurance - they somehow should be made to pay the damages......for however long it takes them to get it paid.  But - the problem is that the financial standing that has caused them to ignore getting insurance is likely the same thing that will prevent you from getting any money from them.

I think it is rare that anyone ever has an accident and comes out of the deal "whole".  My 2006 Pontiac Vibe has 160,000 miles on it and runs like a top, looks good, has no dents or door dings, no rust....and I fully expect to get another 10 years and 100,000 miles out of it easily.  Kelly Blue Book has it listed as a trade in value of $1,342 and a private sale value of $3,400.  If I had an accident it would likely be totaled and they would give me $2,000 for the car......I could not replace it with a comparable car for 2-3 times that amount.

My friend had an accident on his BMW R1000GS Paris/Dakar bike.  It damaged the left engine guard, the left mirror, the left turn signal and a left body panel.  The insurance company valued the damage at $2,000 and totaled the bike for $1,300......he opted to not follow through with the claim as he could fix it for around $600 in used parts....and it would cost him around $6,000 to find another bike like it.

At my previous job, I managed state level projects that controlled the DMV data showing DMV clerks and cop queries who had or didn't have insurance based on what it could locate in the insurance carrier's databases that we were all tied into.  After reviewing several complaints about people that got registrations without insurance showing active in the database, we finally got one of the DMV state-level staff to admit in not so many words that the revenue was important, and even if the system said "no" but they had the cash in hand and maybe a fake insurance card written on construction paper in crayon, they would take their money and issue the registration.  And yes, this was the state in which JOG lives.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 06:31:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Somebody had a really rough stop.Him

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.