Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Somebody had a really rough stop.Him (Read 354 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Somebody had a really rough stop.Him
Reply #15 - 08/14/19 at 14:50:07

I sees a video and one picture, I dont need to se more, I only hope that you are recovering!
I did a similar thing in my yout, then driving a Suzuki 500 T, those twin twostrokers that was popular in those days!
Anyway, I was driving on a road in a suburban area and sudenly a Volvo did  get out befor me frome a sideroad, I hit it on its frontweel and did a voltage over its hood, landed on my tushy!

It did hurt but it was only pain, nothing was broken, exept that my fork was bent and the fender of the car was damaged.

He come frome the right so I paid him of, and I have to buy new fork tubes, I got lycky it was only my ego that was severly damaged!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 08/14/19 at 15:02:59

Shocking!

Volvo's, the safest car crashed most often.

WWW   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/14/19 at 15:40:14

verslagen1 wrote on 08/14/19 at 15:02:59:
Shocking!

Volvo's, the safest car crashed most often.

The shocking truth is that Volvo car owners think that they are safe and then drive recles out frome sideroads in front of a Suzuki bike!

Anyway, the driver was more concerned about my healt, and as he came frome the right it was my fault anyway, even that it was a brick wall that he ned to stick out his front befor he could se anything.. like me riding ón my Suzuki 500!

Soo, it hurt my ego, I learnd some aboute driving around in village areas with brick walls, its dangeros in any crossings.. perticaly if one ride a bike!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 08/14/19 at 18:36:34

I had a few x-rays,a cat scan , all they found was a piece of wire buried in a thumb.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 08/14/19 at 18:49:24

If you ever meet up with that chick again I'm sure they'll find an A$$ lodged on your foot.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 08/14/19 at 19:11:06

Kinda like an ankle weight...

Actually, she could walk right up to me and start talking to me and I wouldn't know who she is. Man, I've thought it over, and I know what is happening on that stretch of road. It's half way between two major intersections and the speed limit on the loop is 45. Nobody was pulling away from me, and traffic  there is running 45, or a touch above.
Yeah,I'm hobbling around, and the bruises and swollen places are really messing with me, but crapRumba, I could be in the I.C.U. or worse.
I keep finding new tender spots.

Got it home today.
Windshield survived with only a minor, polishable, little scuff, muffler is screwed, shifter is really bent, looks like  when the front tire lodged in that door the front end went right and the rear went left, driving the tank into the car, and feeding the left side saddlebag into the rear wheel opening.

More later, I'm beat and sore.l

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #21 - 08/14/19 at 20:10:57

Hope you heal up soon !  the bike's just metal ,it's replaceable your not , but your walkin' (hobbling ?) and talkin' and that great!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
BrooklynSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 08/14/19 at 20:53:56

Wishing you a speedy recovery! You’ll be back on the horse in no time.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 08/14/19 at 22:59:41

Gonna have to inspect the frame .
If it's good
Need forks.
And the rest is just details.
Want a bigger tank.
And this one is bent up bad.
Shifter is really torqued up.
Need to test run engine and play with the shifter, see if the transmission is good.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 08/15/19 at 07:28:06

From what I've seen the forks bend really easy.  The front wheel smacks up against the frame/engine and takes the brunt of the impact.  So the front wheel might not be true.  The only other indication is the rear motor mounts don't fit right.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #25 - 08/15/19 at 07:32:44

Pretty sure I have a spare shifter with the parts bike. Let me know when you confirm what you need and we'll send a care package.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 08/15/19 at 09:17:44

verslagen1 wrote on 08/15/19 at 07:28:06:
From what I've seen the forks bend really easy.  The front wheel smacks up against the frame/engine and takes the brunt of the impact.  So the front wheel might not be true.  The only other indication is the rear motor mounts don't fit right.

So in order to check the frame I need to remove the peg bolts?
Or are there others?
I had the bike standing up and cranked the bars left in order to eject myself to the right. Looks like the fender smacked the header a bit. I sure didn't have any intention of trying to stiffen my arms and stay on the seat. That would be really bad. Stuffing my right shoulder into the window, which wasn't down and didn't break, has that arm so sore I can't reach out, but nothing broke..and I didn't go through the windshield,, and head first into the car and break arms and smash my stomach on handlebars..
Talk about a split second choice..
Not a decision, because decisions require thoughtful analysis. I have no idea why I chose handlebars to the left instead of right, but had I gone the other way, the bike would have been slamming me instead of the car..
I figure a 64 year old man take a 45 to zero MPH bouncing and get off with being really sore, some swollen knees and an ankle, I'm inclined to believe God is watching out for him.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #27 - 08/15/19 at 09:29:14

That's a bummer JOG.

I would imagine the insurance company will just total the bike.  They don't do much with motorcycles because the value is so low relative to cars.  I see a lot of LS650 salvage parts listings on eBay or Pinwall and bent forks and dented tanks are normally involved.  The insurance company will just total the bike.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 08/15/19 at 10:01:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/15/19 at 09:17:44:
verslagen1 wrote on 08/15/19 at 07:28:06:

So in order to check the frame I need to remove the peg bolts?
Or are there others?

Well if your pegs are bent, so will those bolts.
I was referencing the REAR motor mounts.  There are 2 plates that bolt to the frame with allen heads above and below the swingarm pivot.

But Ohio has a point, the insurance co. will total the bike regardless of the damage.
I would buy the scrap value of the bike, but go buy another.  The engine alone will make it worth it.
The hassle of getting it re licensed is a break even to a loss, and then you have a salvage title.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 08/15/19 at 22:47:56

Appreciate the information.
Not concerned about the value for sale.
I Like the bike,but am considering using the hulk for going on with it. Reelthing let me have it for five hundred dollars and it's a better machine than the 2005 model I bought. If I can get hands on the hulk cheap enough and the frame checks out , then I want to stuff a fat piston in it and a Stage Three cam along with whatever carburetor the local geniuses recommend.. for a workhorse..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/22/24 at 23:39:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Somebody had a really rough stop.Him

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.