Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I think I've been BITTEN ! (Read 236 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: I think I've been BITTEN !
Reply #15 - 08/13/19 at 12:35:15

Same bore and stroke , but not quite the same ?    

Makes me think on my tractor (J.D.)  So :

They make the same tractor with 4 different HP ratting .

45 , 55 , 65 , 75 HP.

Everything is the same on all four tractors except one thing ...

THE INJECTORS   and the $$,$$$.$$

The dealer himself told/showed me on the models he had in stock , and sure enough you can't tell the difference in just looking at them.   Now the 75 HP one did have fatter rear tires , but other than that ... the same everything.

Like you said : " more HP = more Trouble most of the time."

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #16 - 08/13/19 at 13:23:15

Wow MM , she is Sweet. She got some sexy lines !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #17 - 08/13/19 at 14:09:31

MM,
I have always had a soft spot for Guzzis. As I mentioned they are a bit wide in the seat area for me to get a really good "grip" on the ground.

They have a lot of karisma, did I spell that correctly? Grin

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #18 - 08/13/19 at 15:04:13

So...how many cows had to die for the purchase of that Guzzi?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 08/13/19 at 15:09:50

try to pick one that won't stomp you to death.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 08/13/19 at 15:26:50

And were they MM's cows.....or did some of the neighbors cows wander over and become Guzzi cows?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 08/13/19 at 18:12:47

Congratulations MM. Very nice.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 08/13/19 at 18:16:04

Na , guys

Those were last years cows that bought this year's Guzzi !   Wink

You know , it pays to plan ahead .  Smiley

Norm ,

This one is low to the ground and the front of the seat is narrow , kinda like the old Yamaha DT's were .  The bars are nice and wide too , like a dirt bike with lots of leverage to bend the bike around corners and such.  Cool

And Stew , those cows don't have to die , ...  Undecided  But they seem to know they are born to be "FOOD"  for meat eaters.    But there's no way I can keep all them here and them Moma cow keep having calfs ever year so they have to go somewhere .

Fact is , if they quit having calfs , then I have to sell them !  Shocked   Heck it cost $300.oo  a year to keep them moma cows up !

Springman ,  I think it will ride with the Savages in mountains just fine , its only 440 lbs.  but feels more like 350 lbs.   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #23 - 08/14/19 at 04:34:49

I am glad you got the V9 Roamer and not the V9 Bobber.  I just can't believe that monstrous front tire on the Bobber makes for a good handling bike.

Bobber_001.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 08/14/19 at 06:57:58

Ya , I imagine the gyro-scope effect of that much rubber would not be conductive to good handling  once you got up to 70 mph or so .    
It might be good around town and/or gravel roads where a big footprint might make a difference ?
I noticed the Honda Rebel is like that fat tire up front , and I can picture it being a great/fun little machine (the 300 single) .    By time the 300 Rebel was running 70 or so you'd be close to top-end anyway .

I don't care for that "Blacked-Out" look anyway.

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 08/17/19 at 05:17:02

MM,

I understand top ends being limited by shaft drives and gearing (been there and done that on the Barcalounger).

How fast can your new bike go in top gear, and does it drag anything in the hard corners in the twisties ????

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 08/19/19 at 07:49:17

How fast can your new bike go in top gear, and does it drag anything in the hard corners in the twisties ????  

Sorry about being so long in assure-ing , I thought I might get a picture of the ground clearance .    
I've got Hay Season going on again and my days are full of tractor ridding for a while .   It seems I can't get anything else done.
I'm rolling today and tomorrow as soon as the dew is gone.

The V-9 doesn't have a RPM meter , but the V-7 does.  I can tell the V-9 is geared a lot higher just by going through the gears.
Also the V-9 get better MPG by a lot ((V-9=63 / V-7=55) ish)
The V-7 would red-line 6th gear about 115 mph but it would be downhill .  Grin
Where the V-7 gears 3,4,5,6, seem to be close together / the V-9 has more difference in rpm when ya shifts .
I'm guessing here but the V-9 Red-line would be 130 ish mph. and the down hill wouldn't need to be as steep !  Smiley
The V-9 shaft drive is a lot "BEEFIER" too.

The ground  clearance/corning  is easily as good as the Savage or better.   Price wise the Savage still easily wins !  Roll Eyes
The weights Savage 380 lbs / V-9 440 lbs
But
They seem to be made for the same thing , Making the Rider Grin in the Twisties  !

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 08/19/19 at 09:13:37

Sounds like you found yourself a superior product compared to a Suzuki Barcalounger.   My Barcalounger hit an RPM limiter at 113 mph and that was all she wrote, folks.   Lots of motor left, but you can't get to it to use it because you are jest flat caught in the shaft drive Suzuki rpm / rev limiter trap.

That large thick dragging main cross bar on the Barcalounger made it jest flat dangerous up in the hard twisties as it was the FRAME hitting the pavement HARD, first thing.   Not the pegs, not the muffler bracket, THE FRAME and it is hitting the pavement SMASH/BANG hard and bouncing the rear tire up into the air.

Glad you found yourself a good one !!!!    Ride long and be happy !!!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 08/19/19 at 16:59:41

Thanks buddy !  Smiley

I sometimes think "I've got a disease" called , "Want to ride all of them" .  Grin

I'll have to admit , I've never wanted to ride a Gold-Wing or a Road-Glide --- or anything that looks like them , also those big 4 cylinder "crotch-Rockets" never made me druell either . I've had a couple 4 cylinder bikes and don't need to do that again !  Wink

« Last Edit: 08/23/19 at 19:04:22 by MMRanch »  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/23/24 at 12:08:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › I think I've been BITTEN !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.