Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New member from Sweden! (Read 369 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New member from Sweden!
Reply #30 - 08/08/19 at 13:19:21

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #31 - 08/09/19 at 06:18:36

Zepp

I spray engine cleaner in/on/around the fins on my bikes' head then hose it off with water a few minutes later.   It works just fine for keeping things looking nice.

You have a very nice looking bike , that eagle . bags and tank bib really set it off nicely !  Wink    

Do ya'll get a lot of good ridding weather in Sweden ?    Are your mountains tall enough to be COLD up on top ?   Our eastern mountains are high enough to be refreshingly cool in the summer with just a light jacket or big shirt.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 08/14/19 at 10:57:41

MMRanch wrote on 08/09/19 at 06:18:36:
Zepp

I spray engine cleaner in/on/around the fins on my bikes' head then hose it off with water a few minutes later.   It works just fine for keeping things looking nice.

You have a very nice looking bike , that eagle . bags and tank bib really set it off nicely !  Wink    

Do ya'll get a lot of good ridding weather in Sweden ?    Are your mountains tall enough to be COLD up on top ?   Our eastern mountains are high enough to be refreshingly cool in the summer with just a light jacket or big shirt.

I shall try to spray engin cleaner on the fins and wash moste of, merely to see if it comes more and from where. And to that I dont even know if former owners have done any service at all? I read the manual and about  to check the cylinder/head nuts!

Anyway some former owner seems to have put more intentions to customise the bike then riding it?

And then we comes to riding climate.. I live in the soutwest part of Sweden, Latitudal the same as Minesota.. figure out way Swede Hollow lays around Minapolis/Chicago areas? But I live about the coast soo its probably more like New York?

Summer is june, july and august.. and it goes from 15 to 30 degres Celsius, 50-90 Farenheit and it rains a lot some summers!
So there ar seldome any need for going up any mounting to have a cooler ride.
And this bike that I bout comes  frome a more north part of Sweden, about like southern Canada I presume.. east of Nowegian mountains.

And that to that.. I still dont know if any former owners have done any service, I have a small oil leak that I presume is from betwen the cylinder and the top. I read the manual and one should check the cylinder bolts every 6000 Km or anual.. or at least any second year.

Anyway, I would try to preserv this bike as an 2000 Savage with those 2000 extras that former owners put on it. Im self older and I want it to be my senior bike, soon!
I do read a lot here and on other places, Im a workshop mecanics, Im a bit lasy and old, so I have thouts about to do the testing abouot to tigheting of the cilinder to top nuts and the two extras in front and back to get rid of the oil leaking!

Anybody that have thougts about the probably oil leak or other sources of oil leak that almoste end up at the left fins are wey welcome!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: New member from Sweden!-
Reply #33 - 08/14/19 at 20:13:21

Ya ,

Don't worry about it till winter gets here !    Wink

It's ridding time , we call this period the "Dog-Days of Summer" .   Here in the American south it's almost to HOT to ride , Almost ! .  Roll Eyes

I took a ride today of about 100 loop , kinda took the long way home .

Heck , I try to do a hundred miles every day , but don't always have time and sometimes the weather don't cooperate .
But , its enough to keep my seat firmed-up !  Grin

I'm trying to wear this tire out before the cold weather of November gets here !  Wink

Duro_HF302B_5_10_16_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 08/25/19 at 07:32:55

Ya, Im not that woryed yet.. or at all!
In anyway I put it in a local MC-shop and make them put on new tires and oil/and new oilfilter to be safe!
Soo, it still thats Im an old biker, but im loost some and this is a big thumper, I love that, but I still wonder if its okey?
I should probaby try some others Savage or let they ride my bike to tell if its running as i should? If anthing.. Its like a new girlfriend.. im still in love of this bike, and now its in my garage! And ts probably like new girlriends, wana know if its the right for me! In anyway its a big thumper, thats what I was aiming for!.. Soo it could that im not used to ride a big thumper? Anybody that have knovledge about to ride a big thumper Savage/Boulevard, that can relew my feelings is very welcome,, becuse Im still new to this bike!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 09/18/19 at 11:02:34

In anyway.. im still here and living/riding my Savage!
Its a bit could here now, not that much riding.
So I have come to the conclusion that I would put the bike in my local bike shop for the winter, and let them do a overal inspection! Im still looks here now and then! Soo, what should I ask them to inspect? Its this smal oil leak int the front between the top and the cylinder.. its a disturbant, but not that big matter. At last.. im still in love with this bike, its what I like frome a bike, for my porpuse!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 09/18/19 at 20:11:02

Zepp

That weeping leak in the head plug area , is really a easy fix.  If your handy with tools and mechanical understanding.

The top cam cover can be "wiggled" off with out taking the motor out of the frame.    I put "Ultra Gray" form=a=gasket on mine and never had a lick of trouble out of it.    While the plug is out and the cam cover is off you need to re-tighten the head bolts in the "X" pattern.  

I don't trust anybody to tinker with my bike but me.   I mean , "How do you KNOW what was done and what was billed as being done" ?   Then there is the question of what was done right and what was made worse because due to some idiot with a wrench. !  
The Savage/S-40 , is so easy to understand and so strait-forward to work on that all it takes to tinker on it is a willing heart.    
You do have a Shop Manual don't you ?    If not don't fear you have us and most of us have the Shop Manual , plus have done most every thing you can think of.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-2015-Suzuki-LS650-Savage-Boulevard-S40-Repair-S...

LS650_ShopManual.jpg

Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 09/19/19 at 12:17:29

Thanks at first for your response!
And I was supose to spray engin cleaner on the oil leak, but I dont done that!
To see where it comes frome. im still think that it comes in the front betweeen  the cylinder and the top.. its more to the left side, probably becuse it stand on the stand to the left?
Im kind of handy.. at least I was, 30 years ago Then I was a racing mecanic for my´brother that was racing in a amateur leage!
In anyway, as a handy man, I got stuck in front of a computer and making tools, for major Swedish carmakers.. mostly truckmakers!
In any case.. im kind of have some knowleged about mecanical things/motors/bikes and cars.. but Im 63+, I dont love to do it anymore.

Dont got that good seeing anymore.. and I think Im got a bit lasy to that?
Soo Im gonna get my local bikeshop a second trial! And I hope that the brother of the owner is that mecanical marvel that fix anything.

If not im going to be retierd soon, not next summer but the summer after that. and for the rest of my life!
Then I can by mee a manual and do everything my self?

And the second topic.. for anyone that have some thoughts, there is Leo Vince K02 silvetail slip on exhaust on my bike, it looks nicer then standard Suzuki exhaust, but it goes blue in the front.
That seems to me that it goes to  hot.. and then I wonder if the engine goes to hot?
And as a handy man/former race mecanics..  wonder if its going to lean?

I hope that the mecanical expert could sort this out.. or I should change to the original exhauste if nesesery!

To that and as newbie on Savage/Boulevard,, im kind of learning to drive this bike,, lean more backward, then I even can look in the mirrors, drive it as a custom bike, dont think that its a race bike,, its a crappity smacking big thumper, get a good ride and enoy it,, whats the hurry, enjoy the ride!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 09/19/19 at 20:11:01

Zepp

The standard S-40 Header pipe is double walled and shouldn't ever turn blue.    I've got a 12" Shorty on mine and it turns Blue-ish/Brown-ish .  But that is because I have a DB-Killer in "Both Ends" of it.  It does make it Quiet ... almost as quiet as the factory muffler.    Wink

Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 10/06/19 at 07:45:56

Thanks again for your response!
And you should know, anybody in this forum is the only one that I can ask queations about Savage/S40!

The original header pipe is on, its light yellow, very light yellow!
Its the front part of the Leovince K02 Silvertal slip on that is dark blue!

Im probably a bit to anxetety.. about my new bike?

In anyway.. im still in love whit it and Im seems to learn to how ride it, im get use to lean back, then I can even look backward thru the mirrors!
In any case.. the brother of the shopowner that supose to be a mechanical expert.. im gonna try him!
In anyway, this is the part that get blue;https://postimg.cc/sQ1WsyJj

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #40 - 10/06/19 at 08:53:18

That blue spot is probably where the inner muffler baffles start to back up the heat or where a catalytic converter is in the muffler doing the same. Likely from the bike running slightly lean but some mufflers are just prone to this.

Here is my Harley muffler on my bike after a 90 mile highway ride last night. Super hot inside and mine has a catalytic converter in it, but it hasn't blued on the outside yet in 5 years.

20191005_202632_001.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 10/07/19 at 13:28:42

Thanks for your suport to!
And excuse mee for the link that not showed anything!
https://i.postimg.cc/hj118tzd/IMG-20190808-183243.jpg

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 10/07/19 at 13:54:26

Zepp wrote on 10/07/19 at 13:28:42:
Thanks for your suport to!
And excuse mee for the link that not showed anything!
https://i.postimg.cc/hj118tzd/IMG-20190808-183243.jpg

WTF.. is this working?
Undecided

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #43 - 10/07/19 at 14:27:00

Yes, you are using the wrong button.

WWW   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 10/07/19 at 14:30:54

No its not working
In anyway, its the front part of the Leo vince K02 slip on exhauste that get blue, the original header is light, very light yelow!

And Im not hat concerned anymore about the blue.. I can always change to my original Suzuki exhauste if I want to.. if Im not to lasy!

Thats is next year, next springtime!

And to that oil leak.. its not coming frome the top/frome the sparklug region, its coming from the front side betwen the cylinder and the top, for what I can see!
In anyway I mayby have a wrong thougts about this.. but I still want it to stop!
Im just think that noby/no formar owner don any service at all!
Soo, giv me your experiens/thougts about doings service.. is there any needs?
Probably its more about anexitety to be a new bike owner.. I seldome done any service on any bike before.. but this was tvostrokers and 20 yers ago!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 11:01:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › New member from Sweden!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.