Do you.....???? (Read 39 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Do you.....????
08/04/19 at 08:17:25

Do you think you have the power to control justified hate, directed towards others?

Look how this small tiny snippet of life, on a very small message board, that most of its members do not want to even participate in....simmers with negativism and ugliness, a direct assault upon the virtues of goodness, where mankind grows and flourishes.

Take a flower, or vegetable garden, lets use that as a example.....
I don't think anyone here can argue against the value, or reasons for that garden, and why we plant it....

It is to bring about bountiful goodness to our lives....
That is why we spend time and energy in cultivating it, etc.

When we clear that patch of ground, working the soil to get our best results, often others unintended growth will sprout as well, and has the capacity to rob the good crop from its much needed nutrients....

So, we pull this unwanted growth from our gardens, hoping that will solve the problem....
But often others will sprout again, and we have to pull more weeds, again.....

Maybe this board is a small weed, in the garden of life, too.....    

Do our rights and needs of expression exceed the greater cause of the garden?  

Maybe we should pull the weed?  Undecided

Hate manifested will grow uncontrollably, be it against any political party, or person, race, gender, faith, etc.....

Has this board become a small, but burning coal, that has the capacity to ignite dry fodder, contributing to this environment of out of control vitriol that can burn and destroy all things in its path?

Think about it.  Huh

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Do you.....????
Reply #1 - 08/04/19 at 08:23:27

an orchid in a corn field is a weed Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/04/19 at 08:33:24

DaWg,. what are you smokin'?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 08/04/19 at 08:36:55

Serowbot wrote on 08/04/19 at 08:33:24:
DaWg,. what are you smokin'?...

just sad bot.....sad.

man can be so ugly, it shouldn't be entertainment  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/04/19 at 08:47:17

You're right, it shouldn't.
...but sadness fixes nothing.  And sadness is all the Republicans ever offer.
We need action.  Better mental health care would help,... more  "good guys" with guns, might reduce the body count a little,...
... but the single factor that makes America unique in this, is gun availability and capacity.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 08/04/19 at 09:44:34

but the single factor that makes America unique in this

Unique to whom?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 08/04/19 at 12:48:00

Serowbot wrote on 08/04/19 at 08:47:17:
You're right, it shouldn't.
...but sadness fixes nothing.  And sadness is all the Republicans ever offer.
We need action.  Better mental health care would help,... more  "good guys" with guns, might reduce the body count a little,...
... but the single factor that makes America unique in this, is gun availability and capacity.

And partisan bickering, demagoguery, and using the mentally ill, as a means to divide and label folk....is unique to our system of politico posturing and advancement of self, with no real concern for the victims other than using it to achieve our means.....

We have so many issues that need our attention, we have so many folks assigning cause and effect along racial lines, politico and social differences, and nothing ever gets done.....

You got those in their mansions accusing others to the cause of these social injustices, past and present, but only demand change in others, while they never, ever, surrender their own wealth to join the cause at the street level.....
These types of folks light the matches, watch the cities burn, then absolve themselves of any responsibilities.....

Pimps......I love you sweetie, now open your body so I can get paid, so I can make your life better......

Moral decay, and it knows no, or respects, any boundaries, as it will devour all races, sexes, religions and beliefs....even the pimp himself.

So sad.        

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/05/19 at 07:54:03

"Has this board become a small, but burning coal, that has the capacity to ignite dry fodder, contributing to this environment of out of control vitriol that can burn and destroy all things in its path?"

Only if it does for you. 

For me it is good to see viewpoints from others and it is a good teaching tool.  I see no reason for a motorcycle forum to devolve into what this one does with the name calling, but that only matters if each individual is emotionally connected to the words others type on here.

For instance JoG called my employees "underlings" and one of those people was tasked with retrieving and mailing him a Clymer's manual.  He said something like: "Isnt this the jerk who says we're underlings?" so I asked him: "Why does it matter what someone else calls you from another State that you will most likely never meet?"

Really what would be the advantage of being angry at one word one guy typed one time?  Just send the manual and go enjoy your day, you only get this day once.

"Do you think you have the power to control justified hate, directed towards others?"

What is "justified hate"?  I imagine there is zero way to "control" what happens in another's head.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 15:36:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Do you.....????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.