Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Religion Explained In 2 Minutes (Read 195 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Religion Explained In 2 Minutes
Reply #30 - 07/18/19 at 11:21:39

Most likely you'd never see that group of symbols.
Either car would be firebombed or shoved off the road.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 07/18/19 at 12:19:19

If you think a fish with legs is offensive,..
Don't tell me you can't read either....what did you do; borrom TT's reading glasses or something...! Put them down man!

I didn't say it was offensive to me; I said the fish eating a Christian fish is a statement that anyone with a Christian fish is an anti-science idiot. That's what it means, that's all it means. I said that in response to someone's faux outrage over intolerance when there is far more intolerance in one direction than the other.

try being told that you will burn in hell for all eternity.
Christians do say that.  I've heard it many times.
...and it isn't upsetting because I believe it,.. it's upsetting that person could be so vindictive and hateful that they would say it.

Try being called racist all the time. You and others on here think I am racist. I hear it from you all the time.  1) I'm not and 2) I may very well be the only one whose been on the receiving end of racism. I know racist. You guys label everyone racist you don't agree with.

Just like your ignorance with labeling everyone racist, people who use Christian ideology incorrectly isn't a surprise.

And the answer to your questions are:
1) I don't know and neither do you or anyone one else, but for sure not because she converted to Judaism. Next time someone tells you that, tell them they're wrong and why.
2) No.  Jesus basically did away the traditional Judaism. Anyone who doesn't understand that is wrong. Pretty simple answer.
3) God said some pretty harsh things that wouldn't be well received by almost everyone. "Jacob I loved, but Esau hated." It's might be Godly when he says it but not sure about everyone else.
4)Do they think that? yes, the obviously do think that. You think someone's racist because we ought to limit immigration. I think you're just as wrong as someone who tells you that stuff.
5) I have no idea if he smiles on them.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 07/18/19 at 12:32:31

Never seen a fish eating fish symbol, so I Googled it.
This is what turned up.
Seems antithetical to your point.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 07/18/19 at 16:03:04

"If you saw the Christan symbol representing Calvary's hill with three crosses cleary placed over the top of the Islamic moon and star symbol, are you telling me you wouldn't see this as what it was meant to convey which is Christianity's superiority over Islam? Everyone would understand what the person who did that was intending. Same as someone who puts the fish with legs and teeth eating the simple Christian fish. "

I wouldn't as I am not informed as to what Calvary's Hill is nor would I understand the intent as three crosses over an Islamic Moon would mean nothing to me.

That being said I will attempt to combine the above information with my earlier post in an attempt to indicate that my lack of religious symbolic knowledge may result in an inaccurate assessment of meaning from those symbols.

When you described "fish symbol on his car with legs " I interpreted this as a fish in scale larger than the fish it is eating.  I reference this "that a larger fish eating a smaller fish is the process of evolution" and supplement it with "I've seen stick figure representations of several fish going through this process."  I also indicate that I do not know what a Christian Fish is: "I may not be clear regarding what a Christian Fish is"

To clarify I do not know what a Christian Fish is.  When seeing a fish with teeth and legs consuming another fish I interpret it as a symbol of Evolution.  It is inferred that the person who put it there, who may not be the current owner/operator, believes in Evolution.  None of that conveys Christianity to me, as I did not know the other fish was religious.

I believe my earlier statements support this.

Now not being clear what a Cavalry Hill symbol is, if I saw it on a vehicle it can be assumed that I would not accurately interpret it's meaning correctly, and most likely I would not pay it notice at all.

Given the lack of knowledge regarding this specific, and most religious symbolism I would not assume the symbol represents intolerance - I would make no assessment at all.

So my question is, without knowledge of Cavalry Hill symbolism how could the following statement be accurate?  "Everyone would understand what the person who did that was intending."

Wouldn't it only apply to people who know what those symbols mean?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 07/19/19 at 09:40:48

Well from my own personal experience, unique to me, and anybody want to argue, feel free......but it will be like a man telling a woman, about her feelings/beliefs about abortion  Grin

Being introduced to the church at a very early age, and sticking with it through much of my life, it didn't provide for me in a manner that it seemed like it preached.

Oh I got the hell part, and that made me say I believed because the alternative was more scary...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

So, yes I believed, in what, I could only utter allegiance to what I didn't feel/understand.... Undecided

Not until I was filled with the Spirit......did it make any sense, it was like a decoding ring I now wore  Grin

You guys can argue theology all you want, but without the understanding of, and having the gift of the Holy Spirit, you can't understand the real depth and understanding of the Bible personally....sorry, you can't.

You can study it, but you will only be armed with human intelligence, of that learned through a flesh existence of secularism....which in context would be akin to saying we need to study Anglo-Saxons to understand its input of racism/slavery upon the Black man.....  Huh

And to be  offended and butt hurt by anything is just a cop out, period, of folk who are looking for excuses, everyone should have a faith in themselves by who, and what they are, that any affronts by another is seen as just a feeble attempt..... in trying to bolster their own shortcomings.....has absolutely nothing to do we me  Grin

Peace all.....have a great weekend!  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 07/19/19 at 10:10:39

raydawg wrote on 07/19/19 at 09:40:48:
Well from my own personal experience, unique to me, and anybody want to argue, feel free......but it will be like a man telling a woman, about her feelings/beliefs about abortion  Grin

Being introduced to the church at a very early age, and sticking with it through much of my life, it didn't provide for me in a manner that it seemed like it preached.

Oh I got the hell part, and that made me say I believed because the alternative was more scary...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

So, yes I believed, in what, I could only utter allegiance to what I didn't feel/understand.... Undecided

Not until I was filled with the Spirit......did it make any sense, it was like a decoding ring I now wore  Grin

You guys can argue theology all you want, but without the understanding of, and having the gift of the Holy Spirit, you can't understand the real depth and understanding of the Bible personally....sorry, you can't.

And that's where you go off the rails ray.  At the very start of your post you said " from my own personal experience, unique to me".  And then you turn around and say we have to have the "gift of the Holy Spirit" to understand.... why?  How can the billions of people on this Planet who aren't Christian be doomed to hell?  How can the countless millions that lived before Christianity, or any religion, be doomed as well?

You can study it, but you will only be armed with human intelligence, of that learned through a flesh existence of secularism....which in context would be akin to saying we need to study Anglo-Saxons to understand its input of racism/slavery upon the Black man.....  Huh

Funny you say that - that's pretty much what Christianity attempts to do.

FIFY here:
You can study it, but you will only be armed with a Christian perspective, of that learned through a faith existence of a religious bias....which in context would be akin to saying we need to study Anglo-Saxons to understand its input of racism/slavery upon the Black man.....  Huh

And to be  offended and butt hurt by anything is just a cop out, period, of folk who are looking for excuses, everyone should have a faith in themselves by who, and what they are, that any affronts by another is seen as just a feeble attempt..... in trying to bolster their own shortcomings.....has absolutely nothing to do we me  Grin

Peace all.....have a great weekend!  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #36 - 07/19/19 at 10:51:56

No, the rails our my rails......
And everything I shared from thereon is in that context.

The Bible is a Living Bible because each believer is part of the Living body of Christ through the Spirit of Him......in this world of flesh
As such, like our own bodies, each part of our body has a specific use, or task, that is unique to that part, but is a needed part to the overall complete body by design.

You could be the right eye, I might be the butt (  Angry ) but each of us would still be in the Body of Christ influence.....

To say my butt view (  Angry ) is the correct view, is only true to me, not the view of your right eye experience.....

As to the billions of folks who have come and gone on this planet, etc....
What difference does it make to one who believes the Bible is a fairy tale?
If we die, and rot, which is the truth by default of not believing in the Trinity, then why should that even be a concern to a non believer?
Do you care what others think, believe, if it doesn't pertain to you?
Why?
Do you need to be affirmed?
Why?
Are you threatened by a fairy tale?

Be careful assigning the answer yes....when you say their faith can have a impact, and effect, upon your life, for by that very admission, you have then allowed the argument to be extended to others, who say your beliefs impact them.....

And now how do we solve this conflict......war?  

Forced compliance to mankind is a direct assault to our free will, which is what makes man different than all other creations....

Be careful......for what you sanction, is how you will be judged, by the greater result of fate.

Gotta go, family is here on vacation.....
Having great fun with my grand kids, crabbing, got 22 BIG crabs in less than 2 hours yesterday...what fun!
County fair today.

Have a good weekend, enjoy life, that is a gift to ALL of us, we are all lucky to be granted such a chance....dang, we coulda been made a crab  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 07/19/19 at 11:29:13

raydawg wrote on 07/19/19 at 10:51:56:
No, the rails our my rails......
And everything I shared from thereon is in that context.

Except this -"You guys can argue theology all you want, but without the understanding of, and having the gift of the Holy Spirit, you can't understand the real depth and understanding of the Bible personally....sorry, you can't."

See the problem?

The Bible is a Living Bible because each believer is part of the Living body of Christ through the Spirit of Him......in this world of flesh
As such, like our own bodies, each part of our body has a specific use, or task, that is unique to that part, but is a needed part to the overall complete body by design.

For you.

You could be the right eye, I might be the butt (  Angry ) but each of us would still be in the Body of Christ influence.....

To say my butt view (  Angry ) is the correct view, is only true to me, not the view of your right eye experience.....

Yet you tell us that the only way to redemption is through the Holy Spirit.

As to the billions of folks who have come and gone on this planet, etc....
What difference does it make to one who believes the Bible is a fairy tale?
If we die, and rot, which is the truth by default of not believing in the Trinity, then why should that even be a concern to a non believer?
Do you care what others think, believe, if it doesn't pertain to you?
Why?  Funny, thats question I'd ask you, ray.  You're the one telling us we're going to hell, if not for our belief in the Holy Spirit.

You seem to think that without the Holy Spirit, we're doomed.

Do you need to be affirmed?  No, not at all.  I'm questioning religion.
Why?

Are you threatened by a fairy tale?  Not at all.  Are you threatened by science and non-believers?

Be careful assigning the answer yes....when you say their faith can have a impact, and effect, upon your life, for by that very admission, you have then allowed the argument to be extended to others, who say your beliefs impact them.....

And now how do we solve this conflict......war?  Currently, yes - as sad as that is.

Forced compliance to mankind is a direct assault to our free will, which is what makes man different than all other creations....

Then why try to evangelize the Word?  Why try and force compliance to the Christian God?

Be careful......for what you sanction, is how you will be judged, by the greater result of fate.

Judged by who?  Is the Christian God not benevolent?  Does He hold a grudge?

Gotta go, family is here on vacation.....
Having great fun with my grand kids, crabbing, got 22 BIG crabs in less than 2 hours yesterday...what fun!
County fair today.

Have a good weekend, enjoy life, that is a gift to ALL of us, we are all lucky to be granted such a chance....dang, we coulda been made a crab  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #38 - 07/19/19 at 11:42:19

Confucius say,... he who views from the butt, also speaks from it.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #39 - 07/19/19 at 16:34:23

there is no heaven there is no hell there is no life after death there are no virgins waiting for you  on the other side life is what you make of it you create your own reality yes that means your own heavens' and your own hells'
all religions are mans' creation to control you and your thought process..

just think if the GOP was a religion
o wait a sec.... Wink

edit:
just think of the GOP as a religion
there you will find the mind control...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 05:07:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Religion Explained In 2 Minutes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.