Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Religion Explained In 2 Minutes (Read 195 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Religion Explained In 2 Minutes
Reply #15 - 07/17/19 at 19:45:49

I don't know.  The G and C are closer, maybe he meant a misspelled Cabbage.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #16 - 07/17/19 at 20:20:13

pg wrote on 07/17/19 at 14:44:30:
The question I am about to pose is not about religion so to speak.  Where did the world we live in come from?

\

Can you be more specific. Can you define what you mean by 'the world' like do you mean from the creation of the Earth, or the evolution of life, or are you referring to the cultural and sociological tribes and cultures, say going back to the beginning of agriculture?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 07/17/19 at 21:05:17

Politics & Religion ,the two biggest banes of mankind. they've started every war in History.
           If we are Truly Christians  then we should believe that all men are created equal (the world) , and that we are our brother's keepers.  But we are not! We start wars , and build Walls.
           Each man can decide his own beliefs , be it heaven ,or to lie in a hole with six feet of dirt in his face trying to hold his breath forever.
                   But it should be his ,not the will of others, nor should it be faulted if it differs from yours, if you are intolerant then perhaps it is you who are truly evil.

« Last Edit: 07/18/19 at 05:09:54 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/18/19 at 05:08:04

And who is the intolerant one today? The man who puts the Christian fish symbol on his car or the man who puts a fish symbol on his car with legs and teeth eating the Christian fish symbol?

Who else is intolerant today? The one who for no particular reason post a video attacking faith?

The often repeated phrase that more people have died in wars started in the name of God is mind-numbing stupidity so kudos for correctly adding politics into the mix since as far as I can tell, its the only readon wars are started. Even the ones attributed to religion are really power and land grabs by flawed men in power using their god as an excuse.

If your post was a commentary on the intolerance of starting this thread to begin with, I agree with you. If this is your response to PG offering a defense rather than just staying still like the Christian fish being eaten, then I'd suggest you take your own advice and ask yourself why you decided it was necessary to pile on and add to the intolerance level.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/18/19 at 05:31:20

Eegore wrote on 07/17/19 at 19:45:49:
 I don't know.  The G and C are closer, maybe he meant a misspelled Cabbage.

LOL - good one Eegore!!  Actually laughed out loud on that one!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/18/19 at 05:38:13

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/19 at 05:08:04:
And who is the intolerant one today? The man who puts the Christian fish symbol on his car or the man who puts a fish symbol on his car with legs and teeth eating the Christian fish symbol?

Neither - opinion is opinion.  Freedom of expression and all that.  What about the Christians that condemn atheists?  Is that somehow OK?  Of course not.  But whereas a Christian condemns, an atheist merely pokes holes (and fun).

Who else is intolerant today? The one who for no particular reason post a video attacking faith?

The often repeated phrase that more people have died in wars started in the name of God is mind-numbing stupidity so kudos for correctly adding politics into the mix since as far as I can tell, its the only readon wars are started. Even the ones attributed to religion are really power and land grabs by flawed men in power using their god as an excuse. Yeah - religion. (or is a god not a religion?)

If your post was a commentary on the intolerance of starting this thread to begin with, I agree with you.

Did you even watch the video?  How is logic "intolerance"?

If this is your response to PG offering a defense rather than just staying still like the Christian fish being eaten, then I'd suggest you take your own advice and ask yourself why you decided it was necessary to pile on and add to the intolerance level.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/18/19 at 06:03:55

"And who is the intolerant one today? The man who puts the Christian fish symbol on his car or the man who puts a fish symbol on his car with legs and teeth eating the Christian fish symbol?"

Both of those do not in my opinion suggest intolerance.  

"The one who for no particular reason post a video attacking faith?"

Considering this is a public forum, what reasons does one need to post a video with opinions about Religion in a forum called Politics/Religion?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/18/19 at 06:16:39

oh please  Eegore.....  To suggest the fish eating emblem is not a display of intolerance is patently ridiculous. Of course it is. Tolerance would be to display nothing. The fish eating emblem is a statement to the other guy "you're stupid, unscientific and I'm not. I'm better than you"
The Christian fish symbol by itself is like wearing you favorite team's jersey.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/18/19 at 06:31:33

I was under the impression that a larger fish eating a smaller fish is the process of evolution.  I've seen stick figure representations of several fish going through this process.

I may not be clear regarding what a Christian Fish is, but I could see where a non-Christian Fish eating a Christian Fish could be saying more than this larger fish eats smaller fish.

Still is it intolerance, or opinion?  How does one using two fish represent one thinks evolution is more accurate than creationism?  Maybe just putting the Ghostbusters circle-slash over it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 07/18/19 at 07:14:54

Eegore wrote on 07/18/19 at 06:03:55:
"And who is the intolerant one today? The man who puts the Christian fish symbol on his car or the man who puts a fish symbol on his car with legs and teeth eating the Christian fish symbol?"

Both of those do not in my opinion suggest intolerance.  

"The one who for no particular reason post a video attacking faith?"

Considering this is a public forum, what reasons does one need to post a video with opinions about Religion in a forum called Politics/Religion?

Yep - like I said, Eegore is indeed the voice of reason (for most of us anyway)!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/18/19 at 07:17:29

WebsterMark wrote on 07/18/19 at 06:16:39:
oh please  Eegore.....  To suggest the fish eating emblem is not a display of intolerance is patently ridiculous. Of course it is. Tolerance would be to display nothing. The fish eating emblem is a statement to the other guy "you're stupid, unscientific and I'm not. I'm better than you"
The Christian fish symbol by itself is like wearing you favorite team's jersey.

OK, so by that logic, all those "Hillary for Prison 2016" bumper-stickers and the "Lock Her Up" t-shirts were also intolerant, right?

LOL - too easy mark.

SMH

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 07/18/19 at 07:25:12

Eegore, sorry to say this but you're either incredibly obtuse (which I don't believe) or trying so hard to maintain an impression of some kind of wise, unbiased sage you're turning a blind eye to the obvious.

If you saw the Christan symbol representing Calvary's hill with three crosses cleary placed over the top of the Islamic moon and star symbol, are you telling me you wouldn't see this as what it was meant to convey which is Christianity's superiority over Islam? Everyone would understand what the person who did that was intending. Same as someone who puts the fish with legs and teeth eating the simple Christian fish.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 07/18/19 at 08:35:11

The evolution fish just humorous expression of belief in science.

Think of it as a # me too movement for non-believers.

Either symbol can be seen as imposing or expressing personal belief, depending on how you want to take it.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/18/19 at 10:36:04

So you can honestly say a symbol of Calvary's hill over the Islamic symbol would mean nothing to you? Both carry the same meaning, which os my belief system is superior to yours. I'll concede the fish eating the other has an element of humor but the ultimate message is the same.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 07/18/19 at 11:05:27

It would honestly mean nothing to me,.. I had to Google to find out what the symbol of Calvery Hill was... and I have no idea who they are.
..and I don't really care.

If I saw crosses over stars I'd assume some new offshoot of some ridiculous religious belief.
You can't keep  up with everyone's fantasies.
..and when you know it's all the same delusion in different pajama's,.. it's hard to care.

Ivanka converted to to Judaism to get married.
Will she burn in hell?
Will Jesus for that matter?... He was a Jew too.

If you think a fish with legs is offensive,.. try being told that you will burn in hell for all eternity.
Christians do say that.  I've heard it many times.
...and it isn't upsetting because I believe it,.. it's upsetting that person could be so vindictive and hateful that they would say it.
Is that a godly thing to say?.
I've had people approach with bible in hand and say that.
Do you believe they think that is convincing of God's humanity?.
Does God smile on them for that?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 04:41:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Religion Explained In 2 Minutes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.