Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Tiny pics is shutting down (Read 186 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Tiny pics is shutting down
07/16/19 at 14:34:05

After PhotoBucket went all weird,.. I went to TinyPics,... now they are shutting down.
Pics may soon disappear.
FYI

Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Tiny pics is shutting down
Reply #1 - 07/16/19 at 15:03:58

Do you really need "buckets" or "pics"? If I want to post a photo I scan it up or, upload it into my computer and post it, cropped to meet size requirements if necessary.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 07/16/19 at 18:44:31

Yikes!

My whole existence on this site is "Tinypics" endowed!

If it goes away and my photos with it.....my post will be more senseless than they already are! Undecided

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 07/17/19 at 07:01:46

That's why I post my pictures as attachments.  I normally have to download them to my computer and resize them first.  Also, you can only put one attachment per post.  But you could attach them in a separate thread and then reference them in your original post as images.  But at least you won't have to rely on a third party.

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #4 - 07/17/19 at 09:22:52

I have seen this happen on several other boards over the years. If the picture is important to the post, attach it to that post. Otherwise when the site hosting the picture shuts down or the person deletes that photo to make room for new ones, you have lost that information forever. Always attach the picture to the post or this will happen sooner or later.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/17/19 at 09:46:12

Why didn't anyone warn us in 2006?
You see,.. back then, image hosting sites were bigger, and had a better business model than a tiny Savage website.
Millions of subscribers instead of just a few thousand.
Right now,... I have 900 photos on Photoboucket, and Photobucket will let me sign in, but only to blackmail me into a paid subscription to access my own photos.  My photos cannot be seen, retrieved, or even deleted.
They're just being held hostage.
If you want your TinyPic photos, grab them now.
Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 07/17/19 at 10:12:42

I have spent many, many hours posting this stuff - I don't have the time or energy to go through all the threads and copy and save.

I am afraid there are a large number of threads that will become meaningless......this is really disheartening.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #7 - 07/17/19 at 10:35:19

Agreed.  It's very sad because of how much effort it takes to share this stuff.  That's why Instagram is so popular with the kids.  Point, shoot and post.  Done.  

I may try it when I do my "GS650E"  build.  Building out a Sprinter van now, I may experiment with Instagram with that and see how it goes.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 07/17/19 at 13:50:50

Dave/Serow,

I am not sure what backup options are out there for this forum network, but for some other website management I do I have ways to back things up in the event of a data loss, so it can be restored.

I wonder if these forums offer any kind of offline backup whereas it can be scraped and dumped off to a dropbox file somewhere. The key would be for it to not save the framework as text, rather save any linked images as actual image files, etc.  Then restore things using the backup file and actual images.

Long shot and probably no way of making that happen, just thinking out loud how maybe things can be frozen in time....

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 09/09/19 at 17:52:16

Well....it happened - my Tinypic photos have disappeared from the forum, and a lot of my threads are now pretty much worthless.

Bummer.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 09/09/19 at 19:43:02

Hat over my heart.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #11 - 09/10/19 at 06:18:23

I noticed my avatar missing yesterday and went to tinypic with the message that they were shutting down after 9 September.  I was able to log in and get about 50 images I had saved for the headlight swap and the rear pulley shim mod so I can replace them, but any other images I must have used another service or used tinypic without a login.

I do have all of the images saved on my home computer, and can recreate the more critical post images such as the KAW pulley mod, but need to know what service seems to be the next best replacement so I can reload the pics....

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 09/10/19 at 06:34:29

The IT guy here told me to go look at Google Drive......they have free storage up to a maximum - then pay for larger storage.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 09/10/19 at 08:09:35

Why do folks think they should get free stuff?

I pay them, they hold and secure my photos, etc....

Cry in your beer...oh, was it free too?

You should of backed up your precious pictures onto a thumb drive too, if they are that important, anyway.

Leave the key in your bike next time you park it in public, someone might just want to take a ride on it.....share, and share alike, yes?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 09/10/19 at 08:12:03

Dave wrote on 09/09/19 at 17:52:16:
Well....it happened - my Tinypic photos have disappeared from the forum, and a lot of my threads are now pretty much worthless.

Bummer.

OH....kinda like the T T  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 07:43:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Tiny pics is shutting down

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.