Send Topic Print
New Savage owner (Read 32 times)
Tacopimp

ihatemonix.com

South Jersey
New Savage owner
07/12/19 at 11:23:37

Hi,

I just purchased a 2000 Savage, 10k miles.  The previous owner did some mods to the stock seat and fender.  He removed the fender and relocated the electrical components that were there, but he left the stock seat and attached a makeshift sissy bar thing to the back of that.  Horns are still intact since that is what the sissy bar is attached to.  It's odd-looking though, so I would like to add a solo bobber seat to it and remove the homemade sissy bar as well.  This is one of just many mods I will be doing but honestly seems like the hardest for me, probably because I cannot find much in the way of tutorials.  I don't mind coming up with my own ideas, but if there is anything out there that could help get me started that would be great.  I know there is the option of just purchasing the BCB kit, but I do like the satisfaction of doing something on my own and somewhat different.

I have searched the forums here (and google), but the search function here isn't too great, or maybe I am just not using it correctly.  I don't seem to get a lot of results, yet I seem to be stumbling across a few ideas.

I don't weld at all, but I am very handy, and I built a bobber 10 years ago with a friend who had some experience.  This time I am all on my own though, and I'm excited to bring some new life to this old bike!  Even if there is guides or tutorials that require some welding I would still love to see them since it may help spark some ideas for me.

My main struggle with the seat I believe is attaching the sprigs to the seat.  I think I found some good ideas for attaching the seat up near the gas tank.

Whatever I do I will be documenting and building a website (I am a web developer by day) dedicated to my build to hopefully help others in the future.

Thanks!!

2000 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:27:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Savage owner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.