Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Power, money, and sex.... (Read 127 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Power, money, and sex....
07/12/19 at 08:03:31

When hasn't it been in play?

Re: Epstein, Weinstein, etc..... When will they use the It is how I was born with my sexuality.....card?

Using the arguments of all the gender and sexuality explanations to justify ones sexual activities, beliefs, etc.... thus allowing them to live a life that allows free expression of that sexuality, and protects them from judgement and discrimination of others......based on their own belief system that is rooted in other mitigating reasoning.....with what, morality being one of the considerations?

Who is to judge?

OK, lets look at the other part of the equation, the women/girls.
Rape is rape, and is a crime, period, however, if a girl wants to sell sex for money, why not?
Who are others to say.....NO YOU CAN'T?
Based on what....morality?

Who's?

A minor child can have a abortion WITHOUT anyone's consent.....
On the reasoning its HER CHOICE to do with her body as she desires.....
Why is this different?

They now teach in grade schools how to have different types of sexual experiences, etc, and to be aware and accepting of our, and others,  sexuality, why is horn dog not given the same considerations?
Let's face it, we all have different sex drives and needs based on a deeper born with factor......that is fact.
Why do we not treat all sexuality with the same considerations?

Women who used sex to gain employment advancement, jobs, etc, do so for the same reasoning as a prostitute, nothing differs.....
They use their body as a means to get what thy want, they can say....NO, and if it persist, then it passes into another realm where punitive actions need to be enforced.

Another question, if you think a man in power who uses his position to get sex, etc, is wrong, then can we extend that reasoning to a woman who uses it too, be it against a man, or another woman, and how about a Gay man of means using his power and position who tries to force a straight man into a sexual encounter?

Why do we not have equal justice for all when it comes to this issue of sex?

Who decides the mitigating factors of how we are to deal with the differing of everyone's own unique sexuality?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Power, money, and sex....
Reply #1 - 07/12/19 at 08:34:43

Courts

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/12/19 at 08:39:13

Why? Because men and women are different that’s why.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 07/12/19 at 09:08:49

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/19 at 08:34:43:
Courts

Really...maybe that is why Trump wants to stack the SC and then you will just accept their final say, ok.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/12/19 at 09:09:38

WebsterMark wrote on 07/12/19 at 08:39:13:
Why? Because men and women are different that’s why.

How so.....you want to explain why that factors in legally?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/12/19 at 09:09:57

It's about the innocent and consent, not the guilty.

You think all priests molesting little boys were just "the way they are"?  Hell no.  They preyed upon the innocent.  That's their motivation.  That's a rapists motivation.  It's not sex, it's power/dominance.

To equate LGBT to child molesters is like equating all straight men to rapists.

Sexual orientation is not the same as a sexual predilection to minors or children.

Thankfully, in our society, we protect the innocent and convict the guilty.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 07/12/19 at 09:35:48

Read again......with the emphasis on willing participants.

Then who's reasoning do we insert in declaring one sexual activity warrants restrictions to their free expression?

It is NOT comparing one to the other, that is solely your own desire to read into something that is not present.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 07/12/19 at 09:38:47

I think younger people are much less hung up about sex than we were.
Generally, less hung up about race as well.
That should be taken to mean we're going in a better direction.

On the negative side,.. social media has made attacks more personal, and created a class of social outcasts that we never had to deal with.
At least not to this extent.

I hope they tire of it, and the flip phone movement catches on.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/12/19 at 09:48:05

raydawg wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:35:48:

Then who's reasoning do we insert in declaring one sexual activity warrants restrictions to their free expression?

It is NOT comparing one to the other, that is solely your own desire to read into something that is not present.

I'm addressing this in particular:
"Re: Epstein, Weinstein, etc..... When will they use the It is how I was born with my sexuality.....card?"

Did you mean that in a different way?  Do you honestly think that there's any way they can get away with their behaviour by just saying "it is how I was born with my sexuality"?

Use your words more carefully if you don't want others to misunderstand.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 07/12/19 at 09:48:46

If participants are willing, and of legal age,... what activity are you suggesting warrants restrictions?
We do have laws about public indecency and the like.

You know what bugs me?... Those people with lewd and vulgar bumper stickers and t-shirts that they think are funny..
I always look around to see if there are any children being exposed to these rude proclamations.
....and now,.. parents have to cover their children's ears when the President speaks.
Let's fix that. Huh

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 07/12/19 at 09:52:53

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:38:47:
I think younger people are much less hung up about sex than we were.
Generally, less hung up about race as well.
That should be taken to mean we're going in a better direction.

On the negative side,.. social media has made attacks more personal, and created a class of social outcasts that we never had to deal with.
At least not to this extent.

I hope they tire of it, and the flip phone movement catches on.

I agree with your observation, lots of misconceptions about those subjects because they were taboo....
I find that to be very similar to the resulting of Political Correctness too...

HOWEVER..... my question still has not been addressed  Smiley

Why do we hold certain folk to a certain standard regarding their sexuality when there is no foul play involved?  

It is based on what?

Morality?

Who's....the one in power, that is always changing, or....?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 07/12/19 at 09:54:13

T And T Garage wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:48:05:

"Re: Epstein, Weinstein, etc..... When will they use the It is how I was born with my sexuality.....card?"

Did you mean that in a different way?  Do you honestly think that there's any way they can get away with their behaviour by just saying "it is how I was born with my sexuality"?

Lets try this: Will you say we all have the same sex drive?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 07/12/19 at 09:55:19

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:48:46:

If participants are willing, and of legal age,... what activity are you suggesting warrants restrictions?
We do have laws about public indecency and the like.

You know what bugs me?... Those people with lewd and vulgar bumper stickers and t-shirts that they think are funny..
I always look around to see if there are any children being exposed to these rude proclamations.
....and now,.. parents have to cover their children's ears when the President speaks.
Let's fix that. Huh

But where does freedom of expression stop, when it offends you?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 07/12/19 at 09:57:18

I don't know who you're referring to,... Eptstein, Trump?...
These accusations are from underage or unwilling participants.

If you're just talking about prostitutes,... I'd say it should be legal and regulated... and taxed.
Like in free countries... Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 07/12/19 at 10:17:53

raydawg wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:54:13:
T And T Garage wrote on 07/12/19 at 09:48:05:

Lets try this: Will you say we all have the same sex drive?

No, I don't think so.  There's huge differences in people's "sex drives".  (unless you have another definition of "sex drive").

From what I gather from one part of your OP, you seem to blur the line between sexual orientation and self control.

What people actually act on can be entirely different than what they may or may not have in their thoughts.  Societal norms guide us in in our day to day life. You can call it morality, piety or whatever, but it's simply protection of the innocent.

Example - it's not the consent law that keeps most adult men from marrying 10 year old girls.

As to prostitution - I dunno.  Making adult movies is legal.  The actors are in effect, "selling themselves" (just like all actors).  Hell, why not make it legal?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:22:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Power, money, and sex....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.