philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
The Redneck Manifesto
07/06/19 at 08:23:42

How Hillbillies Hicks and White Trash Becames America's Scapegoats by Jim Goad

I read this book when it was first published in the late 90s and it holds true even more nowadays.
https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Redneck-Manifesto/Jim-Goad/9780684...

If you're sick and tired of being hated on and vilified by the liberals because you are a White working class person this book will cheer you up and give you reason to laugh at today's political nonsense.
And you might actually learn some useful facts as well.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The Redneck Manifesto
Reply #1 - 07/06/19 at 22:47:18

Jim Goad also wrote "Trucker F ags in Denial" which was illustrated by Blanchard.

Even though this guy is ok with assaulting women he does admit to it, and accepts the situations he has been in as being his fault, including his prison time.

Trucker F ags for those that wont look into it is about two truckers who beat up homosexuals on the road while having a relationship themselves.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/07/19 at 16:02:50

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/07/19 at 16:11:43

One of my favorite lines:

"Goad expressed disdain for the women’s suffrage, writing that it was “downright sneaky” of the government to “give women the right to vote” because “women will vote for the government every time.”"

Does anyone here agree?

Is anyone in a situation where they would prefer to revoke their wife's voting privilege?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/07/19 at 16:13:41

Eegore wrote on 07/07/19 at 16:11:43:
 One of my favorite lines:

"Goad expressed disdain for the women’s suffrage, writing that it was “downright sneaky” of the government to “give women the right to vote” because “women will vote for the government every time.”"

Does anyone here agree?

Is anyone in a situation where they would prefer to revoke their wife's voting privilege?

I would hope no one would agree - but you never know....

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #5 - 07/07/19 at 20:46:32

Whether or not you like the author because of his personal problems doesn't mean he isn't an excellent writer and journalist who produces quality materials based in proven facts.

Ray Bradbury was a sexist misogynistic a-hole but his writings are among the most revered of the Sci-Fi genre and still being used for the basis of movies and TV series. No I won't prove this go Google it yourself like a grownup if it's that important.

So what exactly is your point?
I'm guessing that you simply don't want to accept a point of view beyond the sphere of your groupthink because it might be something you've been brainwashed not to engage because of the truths you're unable to bury and can't argue against. So find reasons attack the man without reading his work. Great strategy.
Self sensorship in action.
Just like old style Soviet Communism.

Are you going to report me to the KGB for reading it?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/08/19 at 04:27:43

I put this out there a while back:

I was homeless in CA as a kid after my mother was murdered.  I am a straight white male although I do not interact intimately with anyone.  I return to CA every year to assist organizations that fight, and even more important prevent the circumstances that lead to homelessness and such.  

Does that matter to you for any reason?

"I'm guessing that you simply don't want to accept a point of view beyond the sphere of your groupthink because it might be something you've been brainwashed not to engage because of the truths you're unable to bury and can't argue against. So find reasons attack the man without reading his work. Great strategy. "

I did read his work.  From the sounds of it I probably have read more than you but that is just an estimation.  

Why do you even care if I accept anything, including your point of view?  Why does discussion have to be some sort of proverbial fight?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 07/09/19 at 15:37:20

I don't really care. Had a couple beers and started rambling from the looks of it.
My bad.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 07/09/19 at 15:54:50

philthymike wrote on 07/09/19 at 15:37:20:
I don't really care. Had a couple beers and started rambling from the looks of it.
My bad.

Grin Grin Grin

It Happens... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #9 - 07/10/19 at 18:37:36

Serowbot wrote on 07/09/19 at 15:54:50:
philthymike wrote on 07/09/19 at 15:37:20:
My bad.

Grin Grin Grin

It Happens... Cool

Luckily it doesn't happen often.

Though I've noticed my best coversations these days are with my dog  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:28:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Redneck Manifesto

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.