Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
2nd Gear transmission issue (Read 292 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: 2nd Gear transmission issue
Reply #30 - 07/08/19 at 20:32:23

You may want to check to see if the arm on the shifter shaft and connected to the rod going forward  to the pedal is positioned correctly on the shaft ,allowing the gears to be changed without striking the side case.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
pacoacevess
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 07/09/19 at 13:33:59

Hi Mike ,

It is easy to find neutral on my byke, issue goes from 1st to 2nd and downstream 3rd to 2nd, I will check again the shift linkage , but Im now getting the idea I will need to get down the engine Sad

DragBikeMike wrote on 07/08/19 at 15:27:13:
Regarding the gear shift linkage, make sure the shift lever moves up and down without hitting anything.  The shift from first to second gear may take a bit more lever movement since you must pass through neutral.  If the lever is bent or the linkage is out of adjustment, the travel might be limited.  The stop in the external gearshift mechanism should limit travel, not stuff like footpegs or the frame.  

After you make sure the gear shift linkage is in good working order and properly adjusted, I suggest you go through the "external gearshift mechanism" as outlined on pages 166 through 172 of the all inclusive Clymer manual.  Pay particular attention to the cam stopper (2) and it's associated spring (4).  If the spring is weak or broken, or the roller is heavily worn, the shift drum can rotate past the intended position and cause the gears to end up in between the desired position (like in between 2nd & 3rd rather than in 2nd).   Generally, a good indicator of stopper problems is difficulty finding neutral.  You having any trouble finding neutral?  Is your 2nd gear "grinding" issue only related to upshifts (i.e 1st to 2nd) or will it also occur on downshifts (i.e 3rd to 2nd)?  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 07/09/19 at 14:05:14

You might be ahead to buy an engine
Slap it in
And enjoy the summer
And work on the other one during the
Too crappy to ride season.

What a great time to hop one up...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:25:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2nd Gear transmission issue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.