Send Topic Print
Unintentional Truth (Read 10 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Unintentional Truth
06/28/19 at 05:45:31

From bill-o of all people.  Actually, it's not that surprising.  He's the typical old, white bigot.

Bill O’Reilly Drops Accidental Truth Bomb On U.S. History Of ‘Racist White Men’

On Monday, O’Reilly attempted to slam calls for reparations for the descendants of slaves in a series of tweets and a blog post on his website. As it turned out, his explanation unintentionally had more than a ring of truth to it:

@BillOReilly
Slavery reparations is a far-left favorite because it does a number of things.

It reinforces the radical belief that the United States was founded by racist white men who installed a system whereby white guys would run everything and blacks, women and others would be exploited.

It also suggests that personal responsibility does not count when the legacy of slavery dropped a curtain of oppression on the black race and there is no recovering from that. The radical left says our society remains unjust to this day, forget personal responsibility.

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-o-reilly-racist-white-men-082929486.html

LOL - yeah bill, you're right.  Thanks for pointing that out!   Cheesy

Now, I'm on the fence about reparations, but the germ of the idea behind it is worth considering.

To say that "racism is no longer a thing in the US" is wrong.  There are still far too many people that believe that the color of someone's skin is sufficient to judge that person.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Unintentional Truth
Reply #1 - 06/28/19 at 05:54:56

I'm not ok with tax dollars being used to "repair" damage done by dead US citizens.  So I am willing to pay for any slave I have ever owned, but not for any that anyone else has ever owned.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Unintentional Truth
Reply #2 - 06/28/19 at 06:02:05

Eegore wrote on 06/28/19 at 05:54:56:
 I'm not ok with tax dollars being used to "repair" damage done by dead US citizens.  So I am willing to pay for any slave I have ever owned, but not for any that anyone else has ever owned.

Fair point.  I'm kind of on the same page.  But, like I pointed out, we (sadly) have a long way to go in terms of racial bias in this country.  I can see how some might feel that reparations are justified.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:35:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Unintentional Truth

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.