Send Topic Print
S40 Handlebar Options? (Read 329 times)
WarriorPoet287
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: S40 Handlebar Options?
Reply #15 - 08/16/19 at 12:58:18

I put the black Biltwell Tracker High bars on mine, love them. Plenty of clearance and they look great on the bike.

https://www.biltwellinc.com/collections/1-dimpled/products/tracker-high-handl...

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 08/16/19 at 13:59:22

Ah new bars, but how do they fit you really ? grab your broomstick -yardstick, what ever;
    first -  I'd look for bars in the 31-32 inch length ,wider bars give you better control , and when you mount mirrors they allow you a view of what's behind ,rather than your shoulders .
  second- sit on your bike ,broomstick in hand , comfortable posture ( I prefer leaning slightly forward - [no windshield] - close your eyes , and hold the stick up to a comfortable height with you elbows slightly bent, then open your eyes . this will give you a good idea of what your looking for in a bar , you'll need to adjust for pull back,  etc.
   third - Opinion- Ape Hangers are the worst! they look silly on a bike as small as ours, the taller they are the worse it gets,  and not much better on a HD  , they give you little control (your arms tend to be straight so you have to twist you upper body to steer at slow speeds -like a U-turn , and cause fatigue in your hands ,arms and back if their anywhere near shoulder height and place more weight on your butt.   If you think they look cool , My OPINION is   - your taste is in your mouth.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #17 - 08/16/19 at 18:16:20

My obnoxious neighbor that rides his Harley once every 3 months has those dumb ape hangers. The funny part is he's really short so it's impossible for him to push his bike around the driveway or in and out of its floodlight and security camera protected shed. He either has to start it up and move or backwards duck walk it. Frankly it's hysterical to watch.  Grin

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 08/18/19 at 19:12:24

Wait until you drop the bike the first time and find out they bend like a pretzel .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #19 - 08/19/19 at 14:07:51

How do I measure the combined pullback of both the bars and risers?
Very carefully?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 08/19/19 at 15:49:35

Plumb bob?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #21 - 08/19/19 at 17:16:23

Ok so using a broomstick and a tape measure I came up with 2.5" for the risers and 3.5" for the bars.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 03:24:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Handlebar Options?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.