Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
27 of them.......
06/20/19 at 08:01:27

Problems, how do you face them?  Undecided

Do you look to blame?

Do they disrupt your life so much, they consume you, taking away any moment of joy?

Do you place the resolution to them, at directing the actions of others, to meet your desired outcome, then get resentful and cast further blame, and cause, for your problems on others, when your desired outcome is not achieved ?

Is the present situation working, are you finding satisfaction with it?

I know life throws new hurdles at me daily, some I just want to throw up my hands and say FRUCK IT.......

Many times in my life I have, that was what booze allowed me to do, it justified my drinking....yeah, dumb and stupid.

Presently full time retirement is calling me BIG TIME, as I try and fulfill a obligation ( morally, not contractual ) to assisting my old friends/employer to train new hires in the building/service industry....
And it has been very frustrating with the caliber of people I have to teach....

THEY JUST DON'T THINK.........simple stuff, common sense, they don't appear to listen, and a excuse is always their first response, ARG!

Plumbing done wrong has the capacity to make folks really sick, especially in the medical, clinical, commercial, application....
And you can NOT rely on others, like inspectors, etc, to cover your butt!

Trying to keep it at only 3 days a week, of work, which was our agreement, is getting nudged, hoping to convince me to do more.....
And I guess exposing my underbelly to feeling I am the cause and need to do more......, with guilt playing the devils advocate.

Anyway, with just a really bad 3 days just logged, I wanted to try and bolster my own understanding into how I am dealing with this situation.....
Without blaming others, etc....

Came across this list of 27 observations about dealing with problems., thought I would share it.....
You want to pick a favorite?   Smiley

I really like #8, with #12 close to my heart ( I know, which creates more problems...LOL! )

1. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein

2. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Shuller

3. “All problems become smaller when you confront them instead of dodging them.” – William F. Halsey

4. “Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin

5. “Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; Instead they require maturity to outgrow them.” – Steve Maraboli

6. “Every problem is a gift. Without them we wouldn’t grow” – Tony Robbins

7. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard

8. “If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?” – Shantideva

9. “It isn’t that they cannot find the solution. It is that they cannot see the problem.” – G.K Chesterton

10. “Problems are nothing but wake-up calls for creativity” – Gerhard Gschwandtner

11. “We fail more often because we solve the wrong problem than because we get the wrong solution to the right problem.” – Russell L. Ackoff

12. “A positive attitude may not solve your problems -- but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” – Anonymous

13. “Running away from a problem only increases the distance from the solution.” – Anonymous

14. “Problem-solving leaders have one thing in common: a faith that there’s always a better way.” – Gerald M. Weinberg

15. “Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems.” – Rene Descartes

16. “Your ability to solve problems and make good decisions is the true measure of your skill as a leader.” – Brian Tracy

17. “If you are unable to understand the cause of a problem, it is impossible to solve it.” – Naoto Kan

18. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington

19. “Giving up is the most painful way of solving a problem.” – Anonymous

20. “Instead of thinking out the box, get rid of the box.” – Deepak Chopra

21. “Solving problems means listening.” – Richard Branson

22. “Inside of every problem lies an opportunity.” – Robert Kiposaki

23. “There is no problem outside of you that is superior to the power within you.” – Bob Proctor

24. “You can increase your problem-solving skills by honing your question-asking ability.” – Michael J. Gelb

25. “Don’t bother people for help without first trying to solve the problem yourself.” – Colin Powell

26. “If a problem can be solved it will be. If it cannot be solved there is no use worrying about it.” – Dalai Lama XIV

27. “All life is problem solving.” – Karl Popper  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 27 of them.......
Reply #1 - 06/21/19 at 18:14:01

I liked that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/21/19 at 20:19:43

I'd have to go with Einstein.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/22/19 at 08:27:13

Eegore wrote on 06/21/19 at 20:19:43:
 I'd have to go with Einstein.

Yes.....that is good!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/22/19 at 09:18:42

. “If you are unable to understand the cause of a problem, it is impossible to solve it.” – Naoto Kan

Digging that

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/22/19 at 11:07:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/22/19 at 09:18:42:
. “If you are unable to understand the cause of a problem, it is impossible to solve it.” – Naoto Kan

Digging that

What problem  Wink

Sadly I jest, but reality is exampled, with otherwise......clueless, afraid, denial.....who knows why, only them  Sad

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 06/22/19 at 14:31:23

So you believe we are leaving this world to incompetent generations. Now my next question is: What percentage of people your age believe the same is true ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 06/22/19 at 14:35:51

Ruttly wrote on 06/22/19 at 14:31:23:
So you believe we are leaving this world to incompetent generations. Now my next question is: What percentage of people your age believe the same is true ?

Absolutely, and the overwhelming proportion of my generation shares the same opinion.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/22/19 at 14:53:44

"So you believe we are leaving this world to incompetent generations. Now my next question is: What percentage of people your age believe the same is true ? "

I am not aware of a generation that didn't say the young one was doomed.

Television would cripple a generation making them mindless zombies.

Marijuana and hippie lifestyles were the end of civilization.

Disco, Metal, Grunge all music that would damage kids, just like "The Devil's Music" that was Elvis and Buddy Holly.

Cell phones that "texted" would eliminate the ability to communicate effectively, everyone will be in their ones texting, never leaving the house.

Name something and there's someone old saying that new thing is terrible.

Every young generation is creating a political shift that will cripple the country.  Remember how terrible Social Security was?  Remember how bad Women voting was?  Remember how bad Same Sex marriage was?  

Those young generations sure screwed everything up, and its getting worse.  I no longer use stamps because email destroyed the postal service.  I no longer have invasive surgery because tax funded medical research makes my procedures same-day and no longer life threatening.  I no longer work 16 hours a day in a steelyard because those darn robots do it.

This younger generation has things all screwed up.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 06/22/19 at 21:22:01

Ruttly wrote on 06/22/19 at 14:31:23:

Is this directed at me?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 06/22/19 at 22:13:32

Yeah I guess Ray , kinda just threw it out there to get some response to see what you or others think about it.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 06/23/19 at 05:23:26

Eegore wrote on 06/22/19 at 14:53:44:
 This younger generation has things all screwed up.

Time will tell and we will likely be gone when the ramifications of their decisions are sewn.  As opposed to discussing various influences on western society, I am elaborating on the ability of these young people to be productive members of society.   They lack a work ethic, have no guiding moral principles, and believe they are entitled.    

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/23/19 at 06:20:43

They lack a work ethic, have no guiding moral principles, and believe they are entitled.  

That's what every prior generation said.  Its a common theme among our culture and I assume most are the same.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 06/23/19 at 06:55:59

Ok will take a stab, however I wasn't trying to make such a wide-ranging claim in my rant  Grin

Here is my general area of Washington, that would include the mainland as well......
Skilled trade journeymen (licenced) is in short supply, with many want ads offering signing bonuses, and other incentives to join.

The caliber of apprentices, leaves much to be desired, not sure why, I can guess.
Use to be you could take your trade and pretty much be assured a job wherever you went, those days changed over a decade ago, or before, as unlicenced work forces flooded the building industry.

This is where most apprentices get their allotted time, in a chosen trade, before they can test out as a journey level......plumbing is approximately 5 years of apprenticeship. You can also get hours needed doing repair plumbing (same licences) but generally that takes even longer....

They are finally starting to check job sites with random code enforcement officers, writing up violations.....

Will this bring back knowledgeable/dedicated folks who don't mind some hard work to earn over 100K a year....???

Who knows.

Could also be younger folks are just not interested in skilled labor jobs, opting for technologies instead?????

If that is the case, expect it to be even more expensive to hire a repair plumber ( I think our rate is around 150 bucks a hour...goodness) as I do not know of, or can think of anyone......who at one time, or another, ain't full of sheit, so you better have a working plumbing system unless you want your life to stink!

note to eggore: That was humor  Wink

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 06/23/19 at 07:03:01

Eegore wrote on 06/23/19 at 06:20:43:
They lack a work ethic, have no guiding moral principles, and believe they are entitled.  

That's what every prior generation said.  Its a common theme among our culture and I assume most are the same.

You generalize, about generalizers........ Grin

It makes great articles to newspaper narratives, but I would venture to guess more folk believe otherwise, they promote the advancement of younger generations to carry-on the "dreams" for mankind.
Those dreams might vary by culture, etc, however, that does not change the fact they are engaging with sharing their concerns, opinions, beliefs, etc.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:26:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 27 of them.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.