Send Topic Print
Muh Values (Read 408 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Muh Values
Reply #45 - 06/28/19 at 15:53:24

"There's much more in depth studies of this out there but this one makes my point rather handily. Jordan Peterson is discussing the recent transgender speech law for Canada bill c16 and explaining how it's been written so that people who don't follow it can be criminally charged with hate speech whatever that is."

You realize just stating Canada Bill C16 is tremendously more useful than:

"16 countries have curtailed the freedom of speech in the name of justice for trannies"

Nobody wants you to be a research assistant but citing zero useable reference then saying we should look it up doesn't get anyone anywhere.  It makes it impossible for anyone to see your point of view with their own eyes.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 06/28/19 at 16:03:20

"Peacefully, of course.  Here's an example - say your congressman was pro-choice.  Don't you think you have the right to protest him/her if you disagree?"

I do not.  

So in the following you replied to a question:

"let's identify every white supremacist and get them fired" ... that's harassment."

Perhaps - but to me, that's justified.  Would you hire a nazi??

How is attempting to remove a person's source of income "protest"?  

Would you consider someone trying to take away your income by trying to have you removed from your job harassment?  

If I did that because I don't like pro-choice, would you consider me to be "protesting" you, or "harassing" you?

To me, it is not a "protest" when the line between peaceable public expression is crossed and becomes a situation where anyone attempts to interfere with the personal or professional life of another beyond Peaceable Assembly.  If someone was actively trying to stop me from having a job I would clearly consider that harassment.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #47 - 06/28/19 at 16:10:04

Eegore wrote on 06/28/19 at 15:53:24:
"There's much more in depth studies of this out there but this one makes my point rather handily. Jordan Peterson is discussing the recent transgender speech law for Canada bill c16 and explaining how it's been written so that people who don't follow it can be criminally charged with hate speech whatever that is."

You realize just stating Canada Bill C16 is tremendously more useful than:

"16 countries have curtailed the freedom of speech in the name of justice for trannies"

Nobody wants you to be a research assistant but citing zero useable reference then saying we should look it up doesn't get anyone anywhere.  It makes it impossible for anyone to see your point of view with their own eyes.

Ok two can play this game. Prove me wrong.
Read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Act_to_amend_the_Canadian_Human_Rights_Act_an
d_the_Criminal_Code

Want me to tie your shoes too?

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #48 - 06/28/19 at 16:23:25

For the lazy and hard of thinking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights

Now you all have to prove everything you say to me from now on with. Reference or I'll call you a liar in public like you've done to me

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #49 - 06/28/19 at 16:30:49

I don't think speech should be regulated by law,... but I do think it should become socially unacceptable.  The "N" word for example is just not socially acceptable anymore.  

As far as "book burning",... what about Trump restricting his own scientists from publishing any Climate Change evidence?... Pages of evidence have been taken down by decree from EPA websites.
This is far more impactful than any social wordplay.

On the whole, I am more comfortable defending peace protests, and human rights protests, equality, fairness, justice, and humanity, than hate, white supremacy, guns, bigotry, and nationalism.
The Right has a much tougher row to hoe here.

"Oh woe is me" sayeth the Right,..."it's so unfair" they say with hypocritical Bibles in hand.
Sorry,.. I don't feel sorry...

ACLU has the unenviable task of defending hate speech, but I don't.
...and they don't get the respect they deserve from the Right that they deserve for their efforts.
I see the principle of defending it,.. I just don't envy the task,.. for the Right or the ACLU.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #50 - 06/28/19 at 16:35:45

Eegore wrote on 06/27/19 at 18:35:59:
 What am I looking up?

Let me help, must be different browsers/search engines.
Just came in for a drink of cool water.

Found this:
"...Nearly a century after free speech became the unambiguous law of the land, it is nonetheless losing its sway over public opinion. Today, many people who claim to support freedom of expression regularly turn around to suppress the views of others. ..."
"...A climate-change skeptic, she explained, has no right to make “claims about climate change, as if all the science discovered over the last X-number of centuries were irrelevant.”..."
"...Climate change is not the only topic for which many are seeking to censor open debate. In December 2016, Rouse organized a walkout of a lecture by sociologist Charles Murray, charging in a flyer that Murray represented the “normalization of racism and classism in academia.” This is the same Charles Murray who was later shouted down and physically attacked by student activists at Middlebury College...."
"...In an even more sensational confrontation, campus authorities at Evergreen State College refused to protect biology professor Bret Weinstein from physical threat by angry student activists after Weinstein, a self-avowed progressive in politics, questioned the wisdom of a day of racial “absence” that excluded white students from the Evergreen campus...."
"...This bleak view of open speech is not merely the reserve of a dismissible fringe. More college students than ever claim to have reservations about free expression. Forty-four percent of surveyed students told the Brookings Institution that they do not believe that the First Amendment protects free speech, compared with the 39 percent who believe that it does. A full 20 percent of respondents maintained it acceptable to inflict physical harm on those deemed to have made “offensive and hurtful statements.”..."
"...Today’s despisers of free speech have their roots in a different ideology from the tribal sort that was used to justify slaveholding and Puritanism. This newer ideology began with Karl Marx..."
"...For class revolution to work, nations would first have to rid themselves of the oppressive speech of the bourgeoisie. Gramsci’s ideas crossed the Atlantic in the 1930s and 1940s, and won their biggest following among Americans of the New Left in the 1960s, who declared that freedom of speech was merely the tool that the dominant class used to drown revolutionary messages in a flood of meaningless and distracting blather about freedom and tolerance..."
"...There has never been a freedom, of course, that someone has not proved ingenious enough to abuse. And Carolyn Rouse is certainly correct in one respect: cultures do inhibit speech. She learned this, to her own surprise, in February, when fellow professor Leonard Rosen’s use of the N-word in his Anthropology of Law class as an instruction-example of offensive speech triggered a dramatic student walkout; Rouse’s defense of her colleague caused her to be attacked herself, for failing to understand that “expecting the dissenting students to dispassionately debate amid hate speech is tantamount to silencing their experience.” ..."
"...Ironically, some of the vilest examples of bona fide “hate speech” have occurred within the very groves of academe, committed by students who seek to oppose, rather than expand, free-speech rights. On November 12, 2015, 150 Black Lives Matter activists invaded the Baker-Berry Library at Dartmouth, shouting to students in the library, “crappity smack you, you filthy white crappity smacks!” “crappity smack you and your comfort!” and “crappity smack you, you racist shits!” as a way of expressing solidarity with “our brothers and sisters across the country who are staring terrorism and assault directly in the face,” ..."
"...The Dartmouth affair was swiftly followed by the “Demands of Black Voices” incident at Duke University, where the target shifted from intimidating students to intimidating faculty. ..."  "... “I am scared to teach courses on race, gender or sexuality or even texts that bring these issues up in any way . . . especially since many of these students don’t believe in historicity or objective facts.”..."
"...when we chart the subsequent outbursts of speech suppression at Berkeley, Middlebury, and Evergreen State...."

And this just goes on and on and on and on and on !

And it still ends up as, one person can call Trump all sorts of very explicit, sexual names. And accuse him of all sorts of things, which are not true.

And another is admonished for calling AOC one thing  

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 06/28/19 at 16:55:50

Science journals don't consider all opinions to be valid or equal.
Only opinions with scientific validity.
You're free to say the world is flat,.. but you ain't gonna' get it published in a scientific journal.
That ain't prejudice,... it's just reality.
Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 06/28/19 at 20:19:00

"Ok two can play this game. Prove me wrong."

I never said you were wrong, I don't even know why you would think that.  I said I can not find the material you spoke of given the phrasing you provided.

"Now you all have to prove everything you say to me from now on with. Reference or I'll call you a liar in public like you've done to me "

I never called you anything, including a liar.  I didn't think you were lying, I am trying to convey that the phrase: "16 countries have curtailed the freedom of speech in the name of justice for trannies" does not give enough information to point me to Canada Bill C16.

I provided a list of searches I performed based off your phrasing and did not come up with any actual law.  

That is all I am saying.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 06/28/19 at 20:21:55

"Let me help, must be different browsers/search engines."

Thank you.

Can you provide the search terms you used, the results are not complimentary to search engine advice unless the terms searched are provided.  As it is presented now, I can utilize results you provide, but would not know how you arrived at them.

I supplied a list of search terms I used and no direction towards actual law was provided within the first 20 results of each indicated phrase.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #54 - 06/29/19 at 08:47:27

Serowbot wrote on 06/28/19 at 16:55:50:
Science journals don't consider all opinions to be valid or equal.
Only opinions with scientific validity.
You're free to say the world is flat,.. but you ain't gonna' get it published in a scientific journal.
That ain't prejudice,... it's just reality.
Grin

It ain't prejudice
It's just reality
Men can't be women
Can't get pregnant
Women can't be men
Can't get a woman pregnant
Men who believe they are women really don't need tampons
Or access to abortions
Yet, the insanity has risen to just that level.
Boy's rooms with
Feminine Hygiene products available

INFUKKINGSANE

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #55 - 06/29/19 at 09:39:26

Eegore wrote on 06/28/19 at 20:21:55:
 Can you provide the search terms you used,

Try, ‘banning free speech’

Here is ACLU
“…To be clear, the First Amendment does not protect behavior on campus that crosses the line into targeted harassment or threats, or that creates a pervasively hostile environment for vulnerable students….”
“…public colleges and universities have no obligation to fund student publications; however, the Supreme Court has held that if a public university voluntarily provides these funds, it cannot selectively withhold them from particular student publications simply because they advocate a controversial point of view….”
“…College administrators cannot, however, dictate which speakers students may invite to campus on their own initiative. …”

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/view-considers-limits-free-speech-online-fa...
“…”The View" co-hosts questioned if a Facebook's recent ban of individuals they deemed "dangerous" is a violation of the First Amendment.
…”  “…In addition to this, Facebook said that when someone is banned under this policy, praise and supporting of those individuals is prohibited under their policy….”
“…"I have no issue with it at all," co-host Ana Navarro said. "I want them shutdown. I want them silenced. I want them muted. I think they are horrible for our society. …”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/02/facebook-bans-far-right-alex-jones-...
“…“It’s unfortunate that online speech doesn’t have enough room for controversial views,” he said in an email….”
“…Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg notoriously said on a podcast last year that he'd allow posts denying the Holocaust as long as the people behind them sincerely believed what they were saying….”
“…In an escalation of its content enforcement actions, the company also booted a small group of fringe right-wing figures, including commentator and provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, Infowars contributor Paul Joseph Watson, activist Laura Loomer and Paul Nehlen…”
“…"Every time Facebook makes the choice to remove content, a single company is exercising an unchecked power to silence individuals and remove them from what has become an indispensable platform for the speech of billions,” American Civil Liberties Union staff attorney Vera Eidelman told POLITICO in March. “When speech is censored by private parties based on the content of that speech, there's nothing stopping Facebook — or YouTube or Twitter — from using that same power to censor organizations fighting to protect abortion rights or individuals fighting against climate change tomorrow.”…”

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/computers/item/32187-war-on-free-speech-f...
“…Facebook announced that it will institute a ban against certain personalities it considers “dangerous.” The bans will also affect the Instagram platform, which Facebook owns….”
“…“It’s a bizarre political stunt and they’re trying to hide their censorship of conservatives by mixing in Louis Farrakhan,” Jones said….”

Here is one, you can go to, and look up country by country:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country

Was gonna look at L.A. Times, however, can’t see what is written, because they block me, and only allow me to view their page, if I PAY them.  It was the SAME with mercurynews.com.  A soon as I clicked, ’No Thanks’, I was directed to total nonsense, and not at all about the subject.

So now, here you have just a drop in a thimble, of people wanting, and denying, 'Free Speech', because the view expressed does not mesh with their view.
Kinda like this forum, A group of people can call a politician absolutely anything they want,
and one person call a politician one thing, and the feces hits the fan.
All because of, 'political', orientation.
Can it be, Sure it can, this is private, the owner can do anything they want. Just like a very small scale, F.B.

Read these links, all of them,
find and read, the many, many more that are out their,
then come to your own conclusion.

(Unless you want the easy way,
and let AOC, BS, CY just TELL YOU, what to think)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #56 - 06/29/19 at 10:46:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/29/19 at 08:47:27:
It ain't prejudice
It's just reality
Men can't be women
Can't get pregnant
Women can't be men
Can't get a woman pregnant
Men who believe they are women really don't need tampons
Or access to abortions
Yet, the insanity has risen to just that level.
Boy's rooms with
Feminine Hygiene products available

INFUKKINGSANE

I guess nobody has considered the devastating impact of seeing feminine hygiene products will have on you.
How narrow minded of them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #57 - 06/29/19 at 12:57:48

Explain WHY they should BE there.
It's stupid.
Are the boys gonna suddenly start their period?
It's not BIOLOGICALLY possible.
We are bending over backwards as a society to tell those who Need mental health care that they are just fine.
It's insane. And giving them the opportunities to compete against Real Girls and steal their opportunities for scholarships and accolades for their hard work.
If anyone can't see how wrong all of this is, they,too, could stand a few hours on
The Couch.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #58 - 06/29/19 at 13:42:10

please teach us about "The Couch"

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #59 - 06/29/19 at 13:45:43

A student at Brown U wants to make a political point.
The bunch in your panties is proof he made it.

"“I think that if we can implement this project, that will add to this conversation and make it more of an accessible topic,” she said. "

Your cooperation in adding to the conversation and publicity of this stunt is appreciated.
You are officially a tool of the free tampon movement.  Grin

Seriously,.. what difference does this make to you personally?
No one is making you buy them or wear them.
Relax and let the students make their point.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:39:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Muh Values

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.