Send Topic Print
chock nut broke (Read 73 times)
ardo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

chock nut broke
06/16/19 at 07:54:16

Hi all, while I was trying to remove the carb out of the bike 06 s40 boulevard, I pressed hard on the choke plunger and broke the plastic nut, I ordered a new one anyone can help me how to remove the broken plastic nut? any help would be very appreciated.By the way happy fathers day to all fathers out there.
cheers Angry

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: chock nut broke
Reply #1 - 06/16/19 at 20:20:30

If you it cost about $34.00 you ordered a plunger assy . you simply remove the whole thing ,and screw in the new one.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
ardo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/17/19 at 03:18:28

Thank you for your reply, the problem is the plastic nut the threaded is broke in the carb I am asking if anyone have a way of removing that broken part out

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 06/17/19 at 04:10:07

I'm not sure what your talking about  go to a site like-- Ron Ayers- and look under the year of your bike and get us a part number.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/17/19 at 04:15:29

I believe he is stating that some portion of the plastic is still in the carb body.

There is no standard solution to this....you will just have to use needle nose pliers, screwdrivers....whatever you can fit in there and convince the broken plastic bits to come out.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ardo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/18/19 at 04:43:13

I ordered the part, my problem is if I can remove the broken part of the plastic nut that holds the choke plunger, the choke still attached would restrict using needle nose pliers, I was hoping someone here had a magical way of taking that broken piece out Undecided

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/18/19 at 05:51:48

I really don't think you are going to have much problem getting the pieces out - the plastic is not very tough or durable, and once the flange portion is broken the threaded part should come out really easily.

An ice pick, screwdriver, needle nose and you should be able to get it out.  I believe you will need to remove the bracket that holds the throttle cable, and then juggle the choke assembly and bracket a bit at the same time while they are installed......I don't believe you can install the choke assembly with the bracket bolted in place.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:20:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › chock nut broke

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.