Send Topic Print
The Hatch Act (Read 183 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Hatch Act
06/14/19 at 10:46:49

Just one more thing for trump to ignore.

Trump says he won’t fire Kellyanne Conway over Hatch Act violations

President Trump said Friday that he will not fire White House counselor Kellyanne Conway for repeated violations of the Hatch Act, which bars federal employees from engaging in political activity in the course of their work.

“Well I got briefed on it yesterday, and it looks to me like they’re trying to take away her right of free speech, and that’s just not fair,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News.

His comments came a day after the Office of Special Counsel publicly recommended Conway’s removal from federal office, calling her a “repeat offender.”

A report submitted to Trump found that Conway violated the Hatch Act on numerous occasions by “disparaging Democratic presidential candidates while speaking in her official capacity during television interviews and on social media.”

“No, I’m not going to fire her,” Trump said. “I think she’s a terrific person. She’s a tremendous spokeswoman. She’s been loyal. She’s just a great person.”

Such a typical response from an uninformed, ignorant idiot like trump.

He probably doesn't know what the Hatch Act even is, and even if he did, he wouldn't care.

I sit here in utter disbelief after the events of this week.  I honestly can't believe why anyone in their right mind would support this president, seeing in plain view how he's undermining the Constitution and the office of president.

Wake up conservatives.  If you don't step up now, 2020 will be the single worst wake up call you'll ever have.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: The Hatch Act
Reply #1 - 06/14/19 at 15:14:03

T And T Garage wrote on 06/14/19 at 10:46:49:
 I honestly can't believe why anyone in their right mind would support this president, seeing in plain view how he's undermining the Constitution and the office of president.

And that is coming from an individual who supports a former president who droned American citizens.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/14/19 at 18:58:50

pg wrote on 06/14/19 at 15:14:03:
 I honestly can't believe why anyone in their right mind would support this president, seeing in plain view how he's undermining the Constitution and the office of president.

And that is coming from an individual who supports a former president who droned American citizens.

Best regards,

At least what Obama did was an accident.  He actually addressed it and took responsibility.

This moron you support is a traitor right to your face and you love it.

Pathetic.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 06/15/19 at 03:35:34

T And T Garage wrote on 06/14/19 at 18:58:50:

Best regards,

At least what Obama did was an accident.  He actually addressed it and took responsibility.

Pathetic.

The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”

A real humanitarian.....

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 06/15/19 at 05:13:59

Nuance and understanding aren't exactly strong suits for lefties.
Read WHY the Hatch act exists.
Understand what it was meant to accomplish.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/15/19 at 05:38:01

Look at that Humanitarian Mission in Libya.
Sure saved those people from a life of misery in the most advanced society on the continent.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/15/19 at 11:17:36

pg wrote on 06/15/19 at 03:35:34:

Best regards,

Pathetic.

The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”

A real humanitarian.....

Best regards,

Compared to trump - hell yes - a true humanitarian.

But let's be clear, if you're gonna start telling me that Obama somehow has more blood on his hands than any other president, you can stop right there.

Your conservative brethren crave war, seek out war, profit from war.

And now, back to the OP - how about the Hatch Act?  Dose your orange boy even know what it is??

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/15/19 at 11:18:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/15/19 at 05:13:59:
Nuance and understanding aren't exactly strong suits for lefties.
Read WHY the Hatch act exists.
Understand what it was meant to accomplish.

We understand jog.  The problem is, your orange savior doesn't.

That's the problem.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/15/19 at 11:20:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/15/19 at 05:38:01:
Look at that Humanitarian Mission in Libya.
Sure saved those people from a life of misery in the most advanced society on the continent.

Yep. Libya was a travesty.  That doesn't make trump any smarter.  That doesn't exonerate him from his treason.

But yeah, you keep bringing that up - maybe somehow that will help trump's intelligence!
Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/15/19 at 16:54:35

Look it up.
You're so outrageously ignorant, you have no clue what you're talking about.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/16/19 at 04:45:43

What if we just said we don't care why the Hatch Act exists and just maintain the stance that Trump is wrong by refusing to educate ourselves or accept outside information.

« Last Edit: 06/16/19 at 05:52:16 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 06/16/19 at 11:09:36

T And T Garage wrote on 06/15/19 at 11:17:36:
pg wrote on 06/15/19 at 03:35:34:

Best regards,

Pathetic.

A real humanitarian.....

Best regards,

Compared to trump - hell yes - a true humanitarian.

But let's be clear, if you're gonna start telling me that Obama somehow has more blood on his hands than any other president, you can stop right there.

Perhaps you should wait for me to post an argument before you write a rebuttal.

Barry has many humanitarian accolades.

Undeserved Nobel peace prize
First POTUS to serve as a wartime president for all 8 years of his administration without interruption
542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians.
Killed American citizens with drones
Extended the Patriot Act
Maintained indefinite detention at GITMO without trial
Destroyed Libya

Not all bad for a constitutional scholar.  

Best regards,

« Last Edit: 06/16/19 at 14:47:55 by pg »  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/16/19 at 16:43:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/15/19 at 16:54:35:
Look it up.
You're so outrageously ignorant, you have no clue what you're talking about.

The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials,[1] from engaging in some forms of political activity. It went into law on August 2, 1939. The law was named for Senator Carl Hatch of New Mexico. It was most recently amended in 2012.

Pretty cut and dried, jog.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/16/19 at 16:49:55

pg wrote on 06/16/19 at 11:09:36:

Undeserved Nobel peace prize - LOL - "Undeserved"?  Jealous?
First POTUS to serve as a wartime president for all 8 years of his administration without interruption - Yep, sad state of affairs.  
542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. - Again, if you're trying to say Obama has more blood on his hands than any other president, you can stop, 'cause it won't fly.
Killed American citizens with drones - Yeah, American civilians die in wars - sad.
Extended the Patriot Act - yep, sad but necessary.
Maintained indefinite detention at GITMO without trial - as it is today, again, sad.
Destroyed Libya - yep, tragic.

Not all bad for a constitutional scholar.  Yep, he's a Constitutional scholar.  trump can barely spell Constitution.  LOL

Best regards,

Yet I (and tens of millions of others) still support him over trump.

Your orange boy can't hold a candle to Obama.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 06/17/19 at 06:06:55

T And T Garage wrote on 06/16/19 at 16:49:55:
pg wrote on 06/16/19 at 11:09:36:

Undeserved Nobel peace prize - LOL - "Undeserved"?  Jealous?
First POTUS to serve as a wartime president for all 8 years of his administration without interruption - Yep, sad state of affairs.  
542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. - Again, if you're trying to say Obama has more blood on his hands than any other president, you can stop, 'cause it won't fly.
Killed American citizens with drones - Yeah, American civilians die in wars - sad.
Extended the Patriot Act - yep, sad but necessary.
Maintained indefinite detention at GITMO without trial - as it is today, again, sad.
Destroyed Libya - yep, tragic.

Not all bad for a constitutional scholar.  Yep, he's a Constitutional scholar.  trump can barely spell Constitution.  LOL

Best regards,

Yet I (and tens of millions of others) still support him over trump.

Your orange boy can't hold a candle to Obama.

Those are some piss-poor replies:  jealous, sad, cause it won't fly......

I exposed your constitutional scholar for the fraud he was and is.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 08:20:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Hatch Act

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.