Send Topic Print
Pochontas (Read 152 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pochontas
06/14/19 at 04:11:36

Canceling student debt. How exactly would you do that?

She reaches her hand into the pockets of those she thinks have more money than they deserve and pays off the banks and financial institutions who loaned the money so kids could go to the schools that gave them an education not suitable to earn an income with.

The schools, who over promised and under delivered, keep their money. The banks keep their money. The students get debt wiped clean. The rich guy pays for everyone else's failures.

This is f'd up.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Pochontas
Reply #1 - 06/14/19 at 07:00:32

I think that's an oversimplification, but I agree that you can't just forgive the debt.

I think you refinance it and lower or eliminate the interest.

(btw, keep up the name calling - it really makes your case...)  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/14/19 at 08:00:41

T And T Garage wrote on 06/14/19 at 07:00:32:
I I agree that you can't just forgive the debt.

I agree here too.
I don't understand why this is so hard.  Debts are seldom much more than an auto finance,... They just need to manage their money.
A new $30,000 car gets paid off in about 6 years.  Just drive a used $2,000 car for a few years and pay that student loan off.
If you can;t manage that, you'll never own a house or have a retirement.
Lowering interest would be a nice help, but just live below your means for a few years and get clear of debt.
I never go in debt for anything that doesn't have a deed.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/14/19 at 08:08:57

Mark.....

I have listened to her speak, she does better than what most who have never heard her, relying on narratives by those opposing, her say/report....

She has what I believe the right problems exposed, in many cases, that's a start to dialogue.

If she would just, "man up" ( sorry  Wink ) and go n FOX, etc, tackle her past in a forthright and honest attempt, I think it would serve her well.

If she continues to ignore this segment, she will have a hard time later trying to win them over if it ever comes to that.

In many ways I believe she is the smartest of those she is running against.

Also, Tweeter would need a new name for her, Pocahontas is getting pretty tiring  Grin

One more thing, lots of guys still do not like to see "guys pick on girls" ( with Hillary being the only exception I can think of ) and Trump would have to really pick up his game against her, as the name calling I believe would drive the fence dwellers to her, which I count myself one......if my perception of how Trump would campaign against her, is correct.

I am pretty tired of his schoolyard tactics, and behavior, and really desire some true adult leadership characteristics, to be exhibited from him.

I don't think I am alone in my feelings.

Thanks Web, always appreciate your sharing, perspective.....your batting average is WAY better, than mine  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/14/19 at 08:31:08

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/19 at 08:00:41:

I agree here too.
I don't understand why this is so hard.  Debts are seldom much more than an auto finance,... They just need to manage their money.
A new $30,000 car gets paid off in about 6 years.  Just drive a used $2,000 car for a few years and pay that student loan off.
Lowering interest would be a nice help, but just live below your means for a few years and get clear of debt.

Sadly Sero, I think you're an exception instead of the norm.  But point well taken. (my brother is a lot like that - no notes on anything but his house)

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/14/19 at 08:51:24

At 28% interest Amazon is offering folks to build, or restore credit, is a SCAM, and a TRAP, that is extremely hard to escape if you screw up, as life does happen unexpectedly, with no intentions......

However, you NEED a credit SCORE, to even buy insurance, and other necessities today, with cash being frowned upon.

Example: My wife and I bought her a new Honda car. We got a much better deal with using their preferred financing at ZERO down. Not everyone can of course qualify for such, but we got the car cheaper than what they offered if we paid cash upfront.

We then made a few payments, paid it off ( no prepayment penalties ).
Which boosted our credit score even more...

I bought my truck by loaning myself money from my OWN retirement account, no penalty, just a 75 dollar service fee, which I am paying myself back at 4.99% interest, which I did to offset the up and downs in investments, as this is a sure growth thing.

However, lots of folks DO NOT have access to tools/opportunities like this, THEY SHOULD, it would help lots of folks to get a leg up in the financial securities concerns.....

The credit market needs lots of scrutiny and policing in my opine.            

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 06/14/19 at 09:15:57

(btw, keep up the name calling - it really makes your case...)

Bullwinkle to Rocky:
" Holly Molly Rocky, is that ever a case of the Pot calling the Kettle Black"

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/14/19 at 09:29:01

MnSpring wrote on 06/14/19 at 09:15:57:
(btw, keep up the name calling - it really makes your case...)

Bullwinkle to Rocky:
" Holly Molly Rocky, is that ever a case of the Pot calling the Kettle Black"

Are you accusing me of name-calling trump?

If so, it's not really name calling... it's labeling.

I admit that I describe trump as an idiot, moron, orange, man-child, stupid, clueless, etc.

However, I don't actually call him names like "the moron trump", or "king idiot", or "clueless donny", or "shitforbrains trump" or "no-talent-ass-clown trump".

That's the difference.  I label, not name call.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 06/14/19 at 09:41:57

T And T Garage wrote on 06/14/19 at 09:29:01:

AW-SUM  Spin.
So that is what  DSA and TyT teach.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin
Kiss

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/14/19 at 09:42:55

MnSpring wrote on 06/14/19 at 09:41:57:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/14/19 at 09:29:01:

AW-SUM  Spin.
So that is what  DSA and TyT teach.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin
Kiss

No.  That's just a fact.  I realize it may be tough for you to understand.  Try harder, m'kay?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/14/19 at 14:44:38

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/19 at 08:00:41:

I agree here too.

so, this is what happens....

you're working a crap job, low pay, crap hours, no life, yeah, you're making it, barely, and maybe with the help of a few good friends from time to time....  you always feel like a giant loser and you decide, okay, let's try to get myself out of this (now you were never the smartest ever, but you aren't stupid either) so you figure more training and maybe some clout with a degree will help, and as you say, it's really only the price of a new car, not even a fancy car, like an Accord or something, now, you already have a car, which comes with it's own expenses beyond just payments, (gas, insurance, etc...) Anyway, you decide to try to better your life, you keep your current job... and work around it to go to school, trying to only spend the least possible to avoid debt, but...  

yeah, it's a mistake, the degree ends up not having any marketable value to it, sure, you could upend your whole life and maybe find a job that'd take you, but you really know you didn't get the education that you need, you thought you would have, but for whatever reason, (counselors being more interested in selling you than helping you, the job market you went for has collapsed with technology taking it over, whatever) . you know, stuff happens and the cheese is moved, and now, you just can't make any moves, your payments and cost of living are taking almost all of your check..

yeah, mistakes were made, and there's no bettering your life anymore, everytime that's been "promised" you've been a fool so you don't bother with that anymore.   You live, you learn...  you pay.  

even with that, I take responsibility for my debt, I'll pay it as best I can. and no, I won't ever own a home or have retirement, yes, I'm a loser, there's no American dream, just holding on to reality is enough of a struggle

hope you conservatives or anyone else, has a really good laugh at that/me,   at least a smile was brought from my mistakes and idiocy

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/14/19 at 15:01:19

now, that is to say, that I think predatory lending to students and in general needs to be addressed, and the cost of schooling needs to be addressed and the general culture of ours that emphasizes college as the only way, and a better way of apprentenship programs and vocational schooling be better, idk.at least addressing the financing aspect is a start.

this is not saying that I was a victim, but there are those that were. I made a choice to take a risk to believe in something, that I could do something that I obviously can't, and now I'm paying. simple as that, hopefully I"ll be able to pay my debt before I kill myself

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/14/19 at 17:19:12

Didn't have these problems before the Fed's  started loaning money for school .
Didn't have so many underwater basket weaving degrees.
Didn't have so many bureaucrats on campus..
Tuition wasn't much..

Self inflicted wounds
And now
Let's stop the pain of those who are so stupid as to go into debt for a degree in
Queer Studies..
My sympathy is just running OVER,,,

IDGAFUKK what degree plan someone took, if they weren't smart enough to investigate the market and know what the odds of being hired were while they were in school, then the graduates were IDIOTS

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 06/14/19 at 18:25:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/14/19 at 17:19:12:
"... if they weren't smart enough to investigate the market and know what the odds of being hired were while they were in school, then the graduates were IDIOTS

Don't be so harsh.
Those are the people that DSA & TyT, are recruiting !!!!!

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/14/19 at 20:43:02

"Didn't have these problems before the Fed's  started loaning money for school ."

"Feds" rarely loan the money, its secured by Federal backing, a different thing.  The structure has actually reduced predatory lending practices, but far from eliminated it.

"Didn't have so many underwater basket weaving degrees."

Also didn't have anywhere near as many job markets.  With more diverse technology and wider global exchange there will be more educational opportunities.  Some are c rap, some are needed.

"... if they weren't smart enough to investigate the market and know what the odds of being hired were while they were in school, then the graduates were IDIOTS "

I partially agree.  Anther aspect many don't consider is that by today's standards one should expect to have to change career paths, or at a minimum be completely re-trained/educated within the next decade.  Technology is moving at a pace that prohibits most education platforms being effective for a lifetime, this includes trade skills like welding etc.

A welding certificate today won't get you as far as it did 20 years ago.  One better add a minor in robotics or mechanical engineering along with that because most career welding opportunities in the future will be done with robots.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 08:20:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pochontas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.