Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Best Ribs in Lynchburg TN (Read 70 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Best Ribs in Lynchburg TN
06/13/19 at 14:00:25

Stumbled on this place while passing thru Lynchburg TN Monday night and had the best ribs I've had in a long time...and the cook was a pretty nice guy to talk to and his wife was pretty cool too   Cool Cool Cool

mmr.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Best Ribs in Lynchburg TN
Reply #1 - 06/13/19 at 14:17:08

Hay !    Smiley

I had some of them same RIBS !   Baked taters , fresh green beans 4 days off the vine , and fried corn to boot !    and real butter on the fresh corn bread too !  

I hope to do it again sometime !  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 06/13/19 at 14:36:33

Yep, and he'll let you sleep on his couch too!

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 06/13/19 at 14:50:46

Versey , anytime your headed my way I'll see if I can find that Rib cooker again .    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 06/13/19 at 14:51:39

My wife is up in Tennessee right now......

Gatlinburg I think was on the agenda, did Nashville yesterday.

Visting her brother.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 06/13/19 at 14:56:07

Wow Ray

Come with her next time and drop by ... let me know a day or two out ... some times that Rib guy is hard to find !  Roll Eyes

I"ve only got one extra twin size bed , but There are 4 recliners in the living room and a couch in the rock-house.

after that is the Military style cots ...  Embarrassed

raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 06/13/19 at 15:04:28

MMRanch wrote on 06/13/19 at 14:56:07:
Wow Ray

Come with her next time and drop by ... let me know a day or two out ... some times that Rib guy is hard to find !  Roll Eyes

I"ve only got one extra twin size bed , but There are 4 recliners in the living room and a couch in the rock-house.

after that is the Military style cots ...  Embarrassed

Well I am most definitely pulling the trailer out that way next year, Doing Colorado, Missouri, etc, visiting friends.....

I think she musta just got off that "roller coaster".....?????

I just got a text with OMG and nothing else  Grin    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 06/13/19 at 15:19:35

MMRanch wrote on 06/13/19 at 14:50:46:
Versey , anytime your headed my way I'll see if I can find that Rib cooker again .    Smiley

I'm dying to get outta town, but I'm stuck til this project is done.

WWW   IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #8 - 06/13/19 at 15:32:48

Here in eastern NC we have BBQ pork. Everyone seems to love it. It's ground up pork that looks like someone chewed up, then spit out. To top it off it is also overloaded with vinegar. Very, very nasty. The worst in America.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #9 - 06/13/19 at 16:30:14

I beg to differ. RJ's Famous Ribs and Chicken is the best BBQ I've ever had. It's in Greenville NC.
2518 S. Memorial Drive
Greenville, NC
252-758-9991

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #10 - 06/13/19 at 18:15:16

philthymike, I live about 30 miles east of Greenville. In fact I was there today . If you're talking about ribs on the bone, that's a different story. That's the kind I like. I will give it a try. Will be very happy to be wrong-----again.  Thanks.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #11 - 06/14/19 at 04:46:00

Yeah on the bone. Try that place out, hopefully it's still as good as I remember. Haven't been there since 2012.
As for NC pulled pork sandwiches I can take them or leave them. Nothing particularly special about vinegar and ketchup IMO. I liked them better with raw onions instead of coleslaw personally.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 06/14/19 at 08:25:45

OK...did babybacks last night, on the grill.....YUMMMY

Ate a whole slab, no sides, just bones  Grin

About bones, what do you guys do when doing your own?

I have done the slow cook, indirect heat, smoked, its good.

I have done the rotisserie, over the flame....good.

I have done the slow baked in the oven, then finish on the grill, good, yes.

I have done the parboil with seasoning, finish on the grill....which when I loose all my teeth, I will prolly use to eat bones.....haha.

Then, like last night, I cut each bone, top and bottom, about a inch in, keeping the rack attached in one piece.....season.
Put on a low heated grill, over the flame, and keep turning until I get the browning and charring I like.....

Remove them, cut them up, bath in barbecue sauce, put them back on the now extinguished flame, grill, close lid, letting the sauce drip over the hot coals and smoke them puppies for about 15/20 more minutes....

Then grab them right off the grill, chewing them down to the bone, ripping off that last piece of fat/gristle, or whatever that thing is that sticks to the bone, with my teeth....
Toss the bone into a heap, grab another, repeat, until all are gone  Grin

What do you guys do?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 06/14/19 at 08:27:39

philthymike wrote on 06/14/19 at 04:46:00:
Yeah on the bone. Try that place out, hopefully it's still as good as I remember. Haven't been there since 2012.
As for NC pulled pork sandwiches I can take them or leave them. Nothing particularly special about vinegar and ketchup IMO. I liked them better with raw onions instead of coleslaw personally.

Onions are the best addition to just about any food, in my opine.....
Fresh home made deep fried rings....MERCY, I am in pig heaven  Cheesy

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 06/14/19 at 09:18:14

So many ways and so few ribs ...

I tried the slow cooker then finish on the grill for some of our Savage Savages one time but didn't have time to do it right .  

Now I just rub em, smoke em 2 hours ,  , and put them and a little sauce  in foil in the Smoker for 8 hours on low .     Which is great if ya have an 8 hour ride planed out !   Smiley

I have to leave the onions and bell peppers out due to allergies.  but they still make me grin as they fall off the bone !

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 03:34:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Best Ribs in Lynchburg TN

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.