I Miss Him (Read 46 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

I Miss Him
06/11/19 at 12:40:38

Jon Stewart, that is.

But at least he's fighting a good fight.

Give 'em hell Jon!

Jon Stewart gave Congress an earful on Tuesday, blasting a House Judiciary subcommittee for its seeming indifference towards the plight of 9/11 first responders as he testified on their behalf for the extension of the September 11 Victim Compensation Fund.

The former Daily Show host has long been frustrated with the constant fights on Capitol Hill to provide additional funding to the victims’ fund, letting that frustration boil over during Tuesday’s hearing, which was attended by only five members.

“I can’t help but think what an incredible metaphor this room is for the entire process that getting health care and benefits for 9/11 first responders has come to,” Stewart bemoaned. “Behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders and in front of me, a nearly empty Congress"

“Sick and dying, they brought themselves down here to speak—to no one. Shameful. It is an embarrassment to the country and it is a stain on this institution."

Adding that members of the House should be embarrassed for themselves but won’t be, the comedian noted: "Accountability doesn’t appear to be something that occurs in this chamber.”

http://news.yahoo.com/jon-stewart-rips-congress-during-172149440.html

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: I Miss Him
Reply #1 - 06/14/19 at 13:43:37

And... he gets results:

After Jon Stewart plea, House panel votes to extend 9/11 victims fund

Good on you Jon!

http://news.yahoo.com/house-panel-votes-extend-9-172333370.html

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/18/19 at 05:41:45

Great response to mitch the turtle's "I don't know why he's so bent out of shape"..

Stewart responded by saying, “I’m bent out of shape for them. These are the first heroes, and veterans, and victims of the great trillions-of-dollars war on terror. And they’re currently still suffering, and dying and in terrible need.”

Stewart even went so far as to accuse McConnell of playing politics with the lives of 9/11 first responders.

“You love the 9/11 community when they serve your political purposes,” Stewart said, “but when they’re in urgent need you slow walk, you dither, you use it as a political pawn to get other things you want, and you don’t get the job done completely.”

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jon-stewart-accuses-mitch-mc-connell-of-pl...

This should be - and should always have been - a stand alone bill.

Do your f-ing job mitch!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/17/19 at 12:09:58

So now it looks like rand paul is holding up the process.

Funny, he voted for the tax cut, but now suddenly has a problem with deficits..

What a pathetic little cocksucker.

Rand Paul blocks Senate from approving 9/11 victim compensation fund

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday blocked an attempt by Democrats to pass an extension of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) tried to win the Senate's consent to approve the House-passed bill, which would reauthorize funding until fiscal year 2090. The bill cleared the House in a 402-12 vote last week.

But Paul objected, pointing to the country's growing debt and arguing that any new spending should be offset by cuts to other spending.

"It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country," he said. "And therefore any new spending …  should be offset by cutting spending that's less valuable. We need to at the very least have this debate."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/453519-rand-paul-blocks-senate-vote-on-9-1...

Hey rand - fukc you!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 09:33:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I Miss Him

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.