Wait, He Lied? (Read 40 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wait, He Lied?
06/11/19 at 06:21:18

Mexico denies Trump's claim of secret concessions in deal

WASHINGTON (AP) — Three days after U.S. President Donald Trump announced a deal with Mexico to stem the flow of migrants at the southern border, the two countries appear unable to agree on exactly what's in it.

Stung by criticism that the agreement mostly ramps up border protection efforts already underway, Trump on Monday hinted at other, secret agreements he says will soon be revealed.

"We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years," Trump wrote Monday, saying it would "be revealed in the not too distant future."

Not so, said Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard, holding up a paper and pointing to the previously announced details. He told reporters the two countries agreed on two actions made public Friday and said if those measures didn't work to slow migration, they would discuss further options.

"There is no other thing beyond what I have just explained," he said.

Over the weekend, Trump also claimed another new element of the deal, tweeting that Mexico had "AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!" The administration has yet to reveal the details of any such provision, and Mexican officials say no agreement on farm goods was reached as part of the talks.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-defends-immigration-deal-mexico-041834594.html

But because he's trump - all his deplorables will give him a pass - like always.

This is getting so repetitive, it's beginning to get sad.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Wait, He Lied?
Reply #1 - 06/11/19 at 07:31:09

T And T Garage wrote on 06/11/19 at 06:21:18:

I bet it is, because Trump keeps on winning.  They are mobilizing their national guard to help stop the flow.  They are freezing the accounts of criminals who perpetuate these activities.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/11/19 at 11:06:00

pg wrote on 06/11/19 at 07:31:09:

I bet it is, because Trump keeps on lying.  They aren't mobilizing their national guard to help stop the flow.  They aren't freezing the accounts of criminals who perpetuate these activities.  

Best regards,

FIFY

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/11/19 at 11:09:42

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 06/11/19 at 11:51:20

T And T Garage wrote on 06/11/19 at 11:06:00:

I bet it is, because Trump keeps on lying.  They aren't mobilizing their national guard to help stop the flow.  They aren't freezing the accounts of criminals who perpetuate these activities.  

Best regards,

FIFY

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-immigration-finmin/mexico-freezes-b...

Wink

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/11/19 at 12:28:53

pg wrote on 06/11/19 at 11:51:20:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/11/19 at 11:06:00:

Best regards,

FIFY

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-immigration-finmin/mexico-freezes-b...

Wink

Best regards,

But then again.....they were ahead of good ol' trumpy...

Last week, Mexican officials, including Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard, met with Vice President Mike Pence and other members of the Trump administration to negotiate a deal to avoid the mutually harmful tariffs. Those talks reportedly led to an agreement, with both sides offering concessions to the other.

However, as the Times reported Saturday night, the resulting deal was actually one negotiated by Mexican Interior Secretary Olga Sanchez and then-Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen back in March. In talks that took place in Miami, Mexico agreed to send members of its newly formed National Guard to its border with Guatemala to help reduce the flow of migrants from South America.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/8/18657658/mexico-tariffs-us-bo...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 06/11/19 at 13:10:26

Yes this is happening because of Trump.  They are mobilizing their national guard to help stop the flow.  They are freezing the accounts of criminals who perpetuate these activities.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/11/19 at 13:12:41

pg wrote on 06/11/19 at 13:10:26:
Yes this is happening because of Trump.  They are mobilizing their national guard to help stop the flow.  They are freezing the accounts of criminals who perpetuate these activities.

Best regards,

LOL - yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Most everything happens in spite of trumpy.  They've been freezing accounts long before trump's impotent "threat".

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 10:33:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wait, He Lied?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.