Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
We ALL have a choice...... (Read 223 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
We ALL have a choice......
05/28/19 at 21:26:42

Everyone has free will....everyone.
Thinking yours is right, and assigning others as wrong, is to totally delude oneself of reality....

To expand further, its ignorant, because you have refused to take into considerations, that others live their lives and make choices according to their own unique perspective, just as you, and everyone else, have their own unique perspective....

To discount others, is to discount yourself, choosing to remain....ignorant.

Then, you blame others for not seeing YOUR truth, retaliate and become punitive....
Like mounting a merry-go-round, and complaining you never get anywhere.....  Grin

The real choice is thus......

FISHING OR CAMPING......??????

Now that is hard to decide  Wink

Can I get a little help here........   Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: We ALL have a choice......
Reply #1 - 05/28/19 at 23:38:16

raydawg wrote on 05/28/19 at 21:26:42:
Thinking yours is right, and assigning others as wrong, is to totally delude oneself of reality....

To expand further, its ignorant, because you have refused to take into considerations, that others live their lives and make choices according to their own unique perspective, just as you, and everyone else, have their own unique perspective....

Then, you blame others for not seeing YOUR truth, retaliate and become punitive....
Like mounting a merry-go-round, and complaining you never get anywhere.....  Grin

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/eddy-haskell/here%20size_edited-1_z...

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/eddy-haskell/60785808_2409067129118...

you're the most confusing MF on this board......

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/29/19 at 05:38:43

[quote author=2B38203D382E3E590 link=1559104002/0#0 date=1559104002]Everyone has free will....everyone.

Really?  Am I wrong to condemn murder?  Am I wrong to pay taxes?  Am I wrong to want to live in a free country?

That's all well and good, but you can't sit there and deny that there are not cases where there is a wrong and there is a right attitude (see above).

Well ray, I totally discount nazis, racists, people who kick puppies, rapists, gang bangers, etc.  I think that's the opposite of ignorant.  I know what those people do, therefore, I discount them.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 05/29/19 at 06:40:00

LostArtist wrote on 05/28/19 at 23:38:16:

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/eddy-haskell/here%20size_edited-1_z...

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/eddy-haskell/60785808_2409067129118...

you're the most confusing MF on this board......

Ok, so that is Mostly Fishing then......?????

You need any help baking those sugar cookies for the Harper Valley PTA meeting buddy?  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 05/29/19 at 06:51:26

My answer is:
YES

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/29/19 at 07:28:52

MnSpring wrote on 05/29/19 at 06:51:26:

My answer is:
YES

OK....first, I must make clear for the record you answered this freely, without any pressure, or influence, threats, shaming, derogatory references, to you personally.......

That you answer is free from financial considerations, politico or social manipulations......  

That by your own testimony, of self, you are one righteous guy who can stand in judgment of others, and always be right.....

Is this correct?

I want t be certain your answer is just.....

As I've been led astray too many times, by wild sales pitches, promises, and questionable women, who bring their own pole holder on a boat filled with men......

So, can you affirm this please  Kiss

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 05/29/19 at 08:06:50

raydawg wrote on 05/29/19 at 07:28:52:
OK....first, I must make clear for the record you answered this freely, without any pressure, or influence, threats, shaming, derogatory references, to you personally.......

That you answer is free from financial considerations, politico or social manipulations......  

That by your own testimony, of self, you are one righteous guy who can stand in judgment of others, and always be right.....

Is this correct?

I want t be certain your answer is just.....

As I've been led astray too many times, by wild sales pitches, promises, and questionable women, who bring their own pole holder on a boat filled with men......

So, can you affirm this please  Kiss

YES

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/29/19 at 08:18:32

BTW, yeah, we get it ray.

You have a boat and a camper!

Gee that's swell!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 05/29/19 at 09:15:34

Do we have free will?...

Atheist:  "I have free will because I have no choice"

Religious:  "Yes, I have free will because God lets me"

Grin Grin Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 05/29/19 at 09:32:16

Wow, sounds like someone is really JEALOUS of your Boat & Camper.
(Apparently because you worked hard for it, and it was not a 'Gimme/Gimme/Gimme)

Wonder if they would be as JEALOUS, about a gun I purchased ?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/29/19 at 09:41:11

If I put certain ingredients in the right quantities, in a certain shape, put them in the oven at a certain temperature for a certain length of time, I will get the same results, cookies.

The ingredients have no free will. They respond based on their chemistry and heat. Even before I start cooking, I know the outcome.

If life is begun on a habitable planet, do the evolving life forms have freewill or are their thoughts, actions, emotions based solely on their chemical makeup? And if you were somehow capable of knowing, down to the atom, the makeup of every person and every circumstance they would face, would you know in advance what the outcome would be?....much like you know the outcome of the cookie even before you begin mixing the ingredients?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 05/29/19 at 10:32:28

WebsterMark wrote on 05/29/19 at 09:41:11:
If I put certain ingredients in the right quantities, in a certain shape, put them in the oven at a certain temperature for a certain length of time, I will get the same results, cookies.

The ingredients have no free will. They respond based on their chemistry and heat. Even before I start cooking, I know the outcome.

If life is begun on a habitable planet, do the evolving life forms have freewill or are their thoughts, actions, emotions based solely on their chemical makeup? And if you were somehow capable of knowing, down to the atom, the makeup of every person and every circumstance they would face, would you know in advance what the outcome would be?....much like you know the outcome of the cookie even before you begin mixing the ingredients?

Well Web, choices will always remain, until you take your last breath....

If a person chooses to stay out in the cold, homeless, then its a choice, but too, choices have consequences.....

Freedom of no restrictions, or obligations, is freedom from those constraints, but in doing so, the cookie recipe has changed, maybe because of those choices they call freedom, leaves them low on sugar and flour....so, as we see evidenced here on this site, when you don't have all the necessities to present a well baked cookie, you just go with, more nuts  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 05/29/19 at 10:33:06

MnSpring wrote on 05/29/19 at 09:32:16:

Wow, sounds like someone is really JEALOUS of your Boat & Camper.
(Apparently because you worked hard for it, and it was not a 'Gimme/Gimme/Gimme)

Wonder if they would be as JEALOUS, about a gun I purchased ?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Maybe not the gun....but the holster  Wink

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 05/29/19 at 10:43:24

raydawg wrote on 05/29/19 at 10:33:06:
someone is really JEALOUS
Maybe not the gun....but the holster  Wink

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

(I believe their are two here, that just won't  get it !)

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/29/19 at 11:17:23

Well Web, choices will always remain, until you take your last breath....

If a person chooses to stay out in the cold, homeless, then its a choice, but too, choices have consequences.....

But what if you only think you have a choice.....what if, like the cookie, a particular pattern of atoms and molecules results in a particular course of action when confronted with certain stimuli every time?

Is God's omnipotence simply knowing the only possible reaction to each and every interaction?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:25:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › We ALL have a choice......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.