Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
We ALL have a choice...... (Read 223 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: We ALL have a choice......
Reply #30 - 06/01/19 at 07:30:37

WebsterMark wrote on 06/01/19 at 04:37:38:
Okay,.... ever heard of cutting edge Christianity?...

As a matter of fact, yes. You're hung up on your old personal experiences from the past and a filter that only shows you what you want to see like the Ark flooding story.

Everyone I know constantly questions and struggles with reconciling faith and science. There's nothing wrong with that conflict, in fact it's encouraged. "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

Absolutely........

Folks judge others based on their failings, not so much on their attempting, as that was their desire to justify what they want to believe in the first place.....

Could be the results of mass commercialization of product advertising, being rooted deep into our social fabric......

A toxin from capitalism induced into our everyday thoughts.

Buy my mousetrap because the others fail.  Wink  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 06/01/19 at 07:37:11

WebsterMark wrote on 06/01/19 at 04:37:38:
Everyone I know constantly questions and struggles with reconciling faith and science.

Yes,.. I'm sure they do...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #32 - 06/01/19 at 08:29:19

What Christian theology has to say about the nature of existence is "don't ask"

Don't ask ?  ....  Where ?  By who ?

All throughout the Bible God constantly encourages us to seek Him constantly.  The Bible is the very and only source man has for learning who God is and how we are to respond to Him.

Don't ask ? ?   That is the thought of someone who does not want to know him.  It is only an excuse for trying to ignore Him.  The problem is, that is impossible.  We live in the universe HE created and controls.  
If you live in one of the many areas of our country that is flooding right now, can you ignore the water ?  Nope.  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #33 - 06/01/19 at 08:54:43

We talked about free will.....

So, let's talk about willfulness

Believers share the word because we want, instructed, by our Shepherd to find His lost sheep.

His love, is our love manifest, and we heed naturally because its the greatest design ever at winning, and producing, true results based on love, not manipulation to gain power and control, over others, by submission of that power

By Pastor J.D.

Shortly after he cleared the temple square with a whip, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who planted a vineyard and left it in the care of tenant farmers. When harvest came, the landowner sent a group of servants to the vineyard to collect the fruit. Instead of handing over the crop, the tenants decided to beat and kill the servants, and when the landowner sent a second group, they did the same thing to them. Finally the landowner sent his own son, whom the tenants killed for his inheritance.

We may be too used to parables to see just how absurd this story is. It’s crazy that the landowner would send his own son after the fate of the first two groups. It’s even crazier that the tenants would be stupid enough to kill the son of a wealthy man with plenty of resources. After all, if the landowner was rich enough to have that many servants, you better believe he’s rich enough to hire a security force to deal with a small band of violent rebels.

But here’s the point: The tenants in this parable didn’t murder the son because they were confused about who he was. They hated him because he challenged their ownership of the field (Matthew 21:38).

By this point in Jesus’ life, the religious leaders had convinced themselves that Jesus was dangerous and needed to be killed. But in telling this story, Jesus pulls back the veil on their hearts and shows that, like the tenants, theirs was rejection not of ignorance but of willfulness.

In the book of Romans, Paul says that a great deal of our behavior can only be explained in terms emotional and spiritual repression—that underneath everything else, what we repress most is a fundamental hatred of God himself. The closer God gets to “our field,” the more we respond with a visceral spirit of territorial anger.

Romans 8:7 says that our sinful heart has an inward hostility toward God: “The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so” (NIV). Our natural mind can’t submit to God. It possesses a deep hostility to his authority and glory. But there is a way out of this repression. When we repent, we recognize and confess our hostility, pleading with God to change it.

This, by the way, is how you know that the Holy Spirit is opening your eyes. It takes the Holy Spirit to see that sin is not just a violation of rules but a whole attitude of resentment toward Christ’s claim over your life. The sign that the Holy Spirit is working in you is that sin feels personal between you and God. It’s not just frustration at having messed up; it’s not just a feeling of shame because you haven’t kept the rules. Sin breaks the heart of God, and when the Spirit of God is in you, sin breaks your heart, too.

Sin breaks the heart of God, and when the Spirit of God is in you, sin breaks your heart, too.

When the famous atheist Richard Dawkins was asked, “Is there anything God could do to get you to believe in him?” he said, “No. If God showed up in the room, I would want to know what sort of psychological or naturalistic explanation is going on here.” With that statement, he went from atheism to anti-theism—a refusal to even consider the evidence. Paul would say that refusal springs from a hatred of God.

Aldous Huxley, the philosopher and author of Brave New World (and also the guy who coined the term “agnostic”) said, “I had motives for not wanting the world to have a meaning …. For myself, as, no doubt, for most of my contemporaries, the philosophy of meaningless was essentially an instrument of liberation … from a certain system of morality. We objected to the morality of Christianity because it interfered with our sexual freedom. There was one admirably simple method of justifying ourselves: [agnosticism].”

What separates Huxley from most agnostics is his candor. For many people today, their cause of unbelief is not from lack of evidence. It’s a heart problem.

Jesus taught, not just in this parable but all throughout his ministry, that if you have the right posture of heart, then the truth about him will be evident to see. Those who choose not to believe have to ask if their unbelief is really as intellectual as they maintain.

It saddens many to see some only relish living their lives to scorn, belittle, shame, others, thinking by doing so, that they somehow will feel, what, vindicated, better, superior?

How does self worth, feeling good, joy, happy, come at proving others wrong through punitive motivation?

How can that sustain and deliver anyone to a nirvana?  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #34 - 06/01/19 at 09:10:32

raydawg wrote on 06/01/19 at 08:54:43:
How can that sustain and deliver anyone to a nirvana?  

Oh, the irony....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #35 - 06/01/19 at 09:30:58

You judge the actions of people, and assign it to God.

Why so much energy you spend on something that makes no difference to you anyway?

I could care less if Winnie the Pooh is a liberal or conservative, gay or straight, or rides a harley or suzuki.

No one is making you get on your knees and pray.

Yes, oh the irony, driven by what, fear of possibility, or a fetish for BIG handed men?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Go have a great day....laugh, be happy, you will die nevertheless, that's a fact....might as well smile and enjoy it while your heart still beats!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #36 - 06/01/19 at 09:37:43

raydawg wrote on 06/01/19 at 09:30:58:
Yes, oh the irony, driven by what, fear of possibility, or a fetish for BIG handed men?   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Your true nature is showing...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #37 - 06/01/19 at 11:31:23

Why thank you buddy.......

As Web shared, believers are on a constant journey of enlightenment, searching understanding, as the door to our heart, mind, and soul must be opened by our selves, willingly.....

Tho lacking knowledge, other than the why we do, is the question that begs to be known by each one of us, who believe.

The door is narrow, but on the other side.....

The panorama immense, vast and wide, with no real end in sight, where we can travel and go, in that searching, with eyes of flesh.....

Until the one who created me/us, calls us otherwise, to His will.

I love you Bot for caring about me, and wanting to enlighten me, to how and what you see as the right way for mankind to live....
That is very sweet of you, thanks.

I truly hope you can find a lasting peace within your self, that fills your being with what you hope for too!

Blessings Bot, be well.....  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #38 - 06/01/19 at 11:54:09

You need your meds adjusted...

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #39 - 06/01/19 at 12:08:17

You have a boat and a camper!

Gee that's swell!
[/quote]
yes it' part of christen dogma to show off ones earthly possessions to prove they are truly blessed

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #40 - 06/01/19 at 14:35:56

Is it "Showing off" to be thankful for what God gave you ?
Are they really trying to "Prove" they are blessed, or just happy & full of joy ?

You stated:  "part of Christian dogma to show off ones earthly possessions to prove they are truly blessed".    You are judging the intent of the heart here.

You would have to KNOW the intent of their heart to be able to pronounce that judgement.

Do you know the intent of their heart ?
God says that HE and the person are the only ones who know the intent of their heart.

How many folks on this site announce when they get a new bike ?
Is that the sin of Pride they are showing or just "Hey, look what I was able to get ?"  I don't think so in vast majority of cases, they are just happy.  I rejoice when anyone is blessed by God, regardless of who the are.  
We all are blessed at times, and we all also have trials and things with which we have to deal.  It is part of being in this world.  God says HE sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. Sometimes there is too much and we have floods, as are many states right now.  

Do you have a relationship with God ?
Have you ask Him if He is real ?
If so, did you ask Him to reveal Himself to you so you can KNOW.
HE WILL respond to you if you ask Him from your heart honestly.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #41 - 06/01/19 at 15:01:13

GOD and mammon is the point
I'm finished here...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 06/01/19 at 15:48:07

thumperclone wrote on 06/01/19 at 15:01:13:
GOD and mammon is the point
I'm finished here...

See, SEE...

God does answer prayers  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #43 - 06/01/19 at 15:56:15

LANCER wrote on 06/01/19 at 14:35:56:
Is it "Showing off" to be thankful for what God gave you ?
Are they really trying to "Prove" they are blessed, or just happy & full of joy ?

You stated:  "part of Christian dogma to show off ones earthly possessions to prove they are truly blessed".    You are judging the intent of the heart here.

You would have to KNOW the intent of their heart to be able to pronounce that judgement.

Do you know the intent of their heart ?
God says that HE and the person are the only ones who know the intent of their heart.

How many folks on this site announce when they get a new bike ?
Is that the sin of Pride they are showing or just "Hey, look what I was able to get ?"  I don't think so in vast majority of cases, they are just happy.  I rejoice when anyone is blessed by God, regardless of who the are.  
We all are blessed at times, and we all also have trials and things with which we have to deal.  It is part of being in this world.  God says HE sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. Sometimes there is too much and we have floods, as are many states right now.  

Do you have a relationship with God ?
Have you ask Him if He is real ?
If so, did you ask Him to reveal Himself to you so you can KNOW.
HE WILL respond to you if you ask Him from your heart honestly.

Thank you buddy  Smiley

If you recall when I posted this, things were getting heated, calls for calm, getting along, even a declaration about how we are guest in another man's domain, where he is trying to use this business venture to support his family, etc..... and need to consider that before our own needs first....

My intent was to bring a wee bit levity to the board, as who doesn't like camping or fishing?

I guess I coulda used the question: Ginger or Maryann?  Grin Grin Kiss

Sad, that folks can't get past their own bias, hate, anger, the very thing they, er....hate in others  Huh

Blessings buddy, hope the weather and wife are good!  Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #44 - 06/02/19 at 13:08:03

The weather today is great but for the next 10 days thunderstorms are forecast nearly every day but thankfully not like the recent deluge.

Paula is doing great following surgery with improvement every day.
Be blessed.

I did not see the beginning of this thread, just dropped by for a quick look around and ended up commenting.  It happens on occasion. 😁

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:25:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › We ALL have a choice......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.