Send Topic Print
Memorial Day Tweets (Read 91 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Memorial Day Tweets
05/28/19 at 08:40:06

I wonder which president wrote which tweet?

1.  On Memorial Day, we remember all those who gave everything for something greater than themselves. It's up to us to not simply reflect on their sacrifice but to honor it with service of our own—and by living out the values they fought for. (posted with a picture of himself with a family at a military cemetary)

2.  #MemorialDay🇺🇸 (posted with a picture of himself, looking at a wreath)

BTW, this was a rhetorical question.  We all know who wrote what.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Memorial Day Tweets
Reply #1 - 05/28/19 at 09:56:30

More important is why anyone would care.

What you do is more important and is worth more investigation than anything anyone else does, ever.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/28/19 at 10:25:57

Eegore wrote on 05/28/19 at 09:56:30:
 More important is why anyone would care.

What you do is more important and is worth more investigation than anything anyone else does, ever.

I guess I could pose the same question, but in reflection - how can you not put creedence in the tweets of a president or former president?

The president (and former presidents) are not private citizens.  Sad as that is, it's the truth.  They are subject to public scrutiny for the rest of their lives and beyond.  Presidents are held to a higher standard - as they should be. Therefore, they should conduct themselves with decorum and show respect to others.

I personally think that the current president fails at that - tremendously.  The fact that he's never served in office a day in his life prior to being elected president makes me question his capabilities right off the bat - and he's not done anything to reassure me (or tens of millions of others in this country).

In my (and those millions of others') opinion, he's not fit to hold that office.  He's a demagogue.

Further, I feel the need to point these things out to shine a light on the hypocrisy of the those who support him.  His supporters had no problem criticizing Obama on far minor infractions than trump has made (golfing, social media use, visitors to the white house, etc).  Yet this president is arguably the most unqualified, childish, thin-skinned, disrespectful, uncouth president in modern history.

I find it necessary to expose this and rub the conservatives' noses in it.

I think that's what this forum is about - commentary on politics and religion.  Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 05/28/19 at 15:55:36

I think that's what this forum is about - commentary on politics and religion.  Please, correct me if I'm wrong.[/color] [/quote]

just don't call some mind numbing child what he really is
or an arse an arse
or a spade a spade
rise above their antics/tactics
and keep rubbing their noses in the crap they and their orange one spew

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/28/19 at 16:49:04

The topper is he used a picture from last year.  Roll Eyes

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 05/28/19 at 18:25:32

T And T Garage wrote on 05/28/19 at 10:25:57:

Rub our noses it... All your doing with these meaningless posts is reinforcing your OCD TDS.

Also, it took Trump a mere week to dismantle the piss-poor legacy that was left behind.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/28/19 at 19:12:11

pg wrote on 05/28/19 at 18:25:32:
T And T Garage wrote on 05/28/19 at 10:25:57:

Rub our noses it... All your doing with these meaningless posts is reinforcing your OCD TDS.

Also, it took Trump a mere week to dismantle the piss-poor legacy that was left behind.

Best regards,

"Piss poor"?

LOL - that's funny!  So, what did dubya leave Obama???

You're so predictable.

IP Logged
MadSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago
Reply #7 - 05/28/19 at 21:49:53

T And T Garage wrote on 05/28/19 at 08:40:06:

1.  On Memorial Day, we remember all those who gave everything for something greater than themselves. It's up to us to not simply reflect on their sacrifice but to honor it with service of our own—and by living out the values they fought for. (posted with a picture of himself with a family at a military cemetary)

If I would Have to guess, first statement is Obama, it sounds like it's written by an assistant that says what's needed to make everything nice and fluffy. The second would be by an enigmatic -psycho... And whatever else Saturday night live and Facebook calls him- of course the rest of the media too. But who needs anything else to build an opinion. (I live in Chicago, where people say NPR is a conservative station). I'll admit that my first prayer when President Trump was elected was that he would stop his tweets. But my second was, thank you for shutting down the Clinton's once and for all. The problem with focusing on tweets, which might be why they are so intelligent in the end, is that we don't focus on the laws that get pushed on. No matter the president, no matter the news, look at the facts, not what's presented to you.
Do you know that Obama had more Illegal drone air strikes than all the past presidents put together? How about Clinton's three strikes your out? Who allowed private corporations to be individuals and donate all the money they want to a specific political group?
But more importantly, let's thank the Savage that allows people from each end of the spectrum to come together and ride better and safer!

'02|9k miles|

MODS: ... To be announced

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/28/19 at 23:36:33

MadSavage wrote on 05/28/19 at 21:49:53:

the

If I would Have to guess, first statement is Obama, it sounds like it's written by an assistant that says what's needed to make everything nice and fluffy. The second would be by an enigmatic -psycho... And whatever else Saturday night live and Facebook calls him- of course the rest of the media too. But who needs anything else to build an opinion. (I live in Chicago, where people say NPR is a conservative station). I'll admit that my first prayer when President Trump was elected was that he would stop his tweets. But my second was, thank you for shutting down the Clinton's once and for all. The problem with focusing on tweets, which might be why they are so intelligent in the end, is that we don't focus on the laws that get pushed on. No matter the president, no matter the news, look at the facts, not what's presented to you.
Do you know that Obama had more Illegal drone air strikes than all the past presidents put together? How about Clinton's three strikes your out? Who allowed private corporations to be individuals and donate all the money they want to a specific political group?
But more importantly, let's thank the Savage that allows people from each end of the spectrum to come together and ride better and safer!

which is WHY he tweets what he does when he does, to distract us

and: "Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers"
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-...

"How about Clinton's three strikes your out? "  "Lock her up" ring any bells?  even though she'd be investigated by the FBI and Congress over 10 times.....  but I will give Trump one thing, when a busty celebrity flatters him just right he can sign a good criminal justice reform bill...  surprised the hell out of me, since he ran on "law and order" being tough on crime, and had the anti pot, racist Jeff Sessions as his AG.  

"Who allowed private corporations to be individuals and donate all the money they want to a specific political group?"  
that would be the SCOTUS. a case brought by Conservatives BTW, cause they didn't like the current law and wanted to break it

oh and let's not forget the trade war, the NOTHING deal with North Korea, who is shooting missiles again, the threatening with IRAN that will make Iraq look like nothing, the child separations, the obstruction of justice, the distancing ourselves from our NATO allies, the

IP Logged
MadSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago
Reply #9 - 05/29/19 at 01:09:48

LostArtist wrote on 05/28/19 at 23:36:33:

the

which is WHY he tweets what he does when he does, to distract us

and: "Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers"
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/5/8/18619206/under-donald-trump-drone-...

"How about Clinton's three strikes your out? "  "Lock her up" ring any bells?  even though she'd be investigated by the FBI and Congress over 10 times.....  but I will give Trump one thing, when a busty celebrity flatters him just right he can sign a good criminal justice reform bill...  surprised the hell out of me, since he ran on "law and order" being tough on crime, and had the anti pot, racist Jeff Sessions as his AG.  

"Who allowed private corporations to be individuals and donate all the money they want to a specific political group?"  
that would be the SCOTUS. a case brought by Conservatives BTW, cause they didn't like the current law and wanted to break it

oh and let's not forget the trade war, the NOTHING deal with North Korea, who is shooting missiles again, the threatening with IRAN that will make Iraq look like nothing, the child separations, the obstruction of justice, the distancing ourselves from our NATO allies, the

Well, it might be why he tweets the way he does but it doesn't matter, media is so far up his ass that nothing of importace should get by, and yet it does. Either way I didn't say it haphazardly, so we agree on that matter.

The rest of the comments are on how Trump is horrible, including the only article (I could find right now on Google) about his drone strikes superceding Obama's from the sun times, a news paper written at a fifth grade level (from a city more liberal and Trump hating than...?🤔)  Let's not forget that investigative journalism doesn't exist anymore. There is a great clip out there with the director of CNN explaining how it's totally logical to end investigative journalism and that it costs too much money. (Good night and good luck is a great movie which shows the beginning of the end journalism)  Yes, yes, it is easily arguable that Trump could be the president in that movie.

Anyway, I mentioned those topics because they were relevant to Loved presidents, and that we never heard of those facts during their reign, and very little after. I was not searching for a simplistic Trump is worse response.

Thank you for your response on the corporation/private individual laws. My question was an honest one and  I'll look it up further. When I looked up who permitted corporations to be able to donate political parties not much came up, and I was out of the country when it happened. However don't be fooled, when it comes to money (and power) politicians are all on the same side.

...I also have a weakness for busty celebrities, don't you?

'02|9k miles|

MODS: ... To be announced

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/29/19 at 05:58:28

If I would Have to guess, first statement is Obama, it sounds like it's written by an assistant that says what's needed to make everything nice and fluffy. The second would be by an enigmatic -psycho... And whatever else Saturday night live and Facebook calls him- of course the rest of the media too.

You don't have to go to facebook or SNL to see what kind of moron trump is - look at him speak and tweet.  At the same time, you don't need to assume that Obama has a staffer writing his tweets - he's prolific writer.

But who needs anything else to build an opinion. (I live in Chicago, where people say NPR is a conservative station).

Um, no, I have to disagree.  I live in Chicago and there's no one I know that thinks NPR is conservative. (I get the joke, but it's not even close)

I'll admit that my first prayer when President Trump was elected was that he would stop his tweets. But my second was, thank you for shutting down the Clinton's once and for all.

Not a fan of clinton either - but she would have been far better than this moron.

The problem with focusing on tweets, which might be why they are so intelligent in the end, is that we don't focus on the laws that get pushed on. No matter the president, no matter the news, look at the facts, not what's
presented to you.

Well, tweets are coming from trump directly.  He's the one who drives his policy with them.  They are a direct reflection of the "man".  Trust me, I look at the facts, not the media.  The facts are clear that he is not fit for the office.

Do you know that Obama had more Illegal drone air strikes than all the past presidents put together?

How many presidents had a drone program prior to Obama?  Not defending him - that's one of the bad parts of his presidency - but the drone program came to maturity under his administration and most every strike was a first of its kind.  Keeping it real.

How about Clinton's three strikes your out?

Good point - not a fan, but not a game changer.  Certainly not enough for me to vote for trump.

Who allowed private corporations to be individuals and donate all the money they want to a specific political group?

Well, that's citizen's united.  A bunch on the right and some on the left love it.  (remember mitt? "corporations are people my friend"..).  CU is one of the worst things to ever happen to our political structure.  

True! I also like the Savage for the versatility of the bike (currently working on making a bobber).  Love the thumper!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 05/29/19 at 14:37:38

T And T Garage wrote on 05/28/19 at 19:12:11:

You're so predictable.

Now now, I don't think you saw the piss-poor rope-a-dope coming or the OCD add-on.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/29/19 at 16:57:50

pg wrote on 05/29/19 at 14:37:38:

You're so predictable.

Now now, I don't think you saw the piss-poor rope-a-dope coming or the OCD add-on.

Best regards,

So.... no answer then as to what dubya left Obama?

Yeah, like I said - predictable.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 05/29/19 at 17:05:38

T And T Garage wrote on 05/29/19 at 16:57:50:

You're so predictable.

Best regards,

And that is coming from someone who doesn't appreciate "whataboutisms."

Bush was a moron, a true deep state hack, just like every member of his family.  His legacy was awful, yet a difference exists between W and Barry.  Barry campaigned against all his short comings, then perpetuated many of them.

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/29/19 at 17:13:58

pg wrote on 05/29/19 at 17:05:38:
T And T Garage wrote on 05/29/19 at 16:57:50:

You're so predictable.

Best regards,

And that is coming from someone who doesn't appreciate "whataboutisms."

Bush was a moron, a true deep state hack, just like every member of his family.  His legacy was awful, yet a difference exists between W and Barry.  Barry campaigned against all his short comings, then perpetuated many of them.

Best regards,

You're entitled to your opinion.  But you can't dodge the fact that Obama left trump a far FAR better country than he was left.

Unemployment way down, OBL dead, auto industry saved, DOW and corporate profits at record levels, new job creation, our status on the world stage - all thanks to Obama's administration.

Like I said before, trump walked onto third base and thought he hit a home run.  He walked into this job.  He's only signed the republican establishment bills and EO's put in front of him.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:26:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Memorial Day Tweets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.