Pick one (Read 29 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pick one
05/24/19 at 06:39:02

Who's lying, him or her?

Comey: In a June 2017 interview under oath with the House Intelligence Committee, Comey said Lynch had pressed him to downplay the significance of the Clinton email review in September 2015, just before a congressional hearing in which Comey was expected to be asked about the investigation. Comey said the moment led him to question her independence and contributed to his decision to unilaterally hold a press conference in July 2016 announcing the conclusions of the probe.

“The attorney general had directed me not to call it an investigation, but instead to call it a matter, which confused me and concerned me," Comey testified. “That was one of the bricks in the load that led me to conclude, ‘I have to step away from the department if we’re to close this case credibly.’”

Comey continued: “The Clinton campaign, at the time, was using all kind of euphemisms — security review, matters, things like that, for what was going on. We were getting to a place where the attorney general and I were both going to have to testify and talk publicly about. And I wanted to know, was she going to authorize us to confirm we had an investigation? ... And she said, ‘Yes, but don’t call it that, call it a matter.' And I said, ‘Why would I do that?’ And she said, ‘Just call it a matter.’”

Lynch: "I did not," Lynch responded when asked if she had "ever" told Comey to call the investigation a "matter."

"I have never instructed a witness as to what to say specifically. Never have, never will," Lynch continued. "In the meeting that I had with the Director, we were discussing how best to keep Congress informed of progress and discuss requesting resources for the Department overall. We were going to testify separately. And the concern that both of us had in the meeting that I was having with him in September of 2015 was how to have that discussion without stepping across the Department policy of confirming or denying an investigation, separate policy from testifying.

"Obviously, we wanted to testify fully, fulsomely, and provide the information that was needed, but we were not at that point, in September of 2015, ready to confirm that there was an investigation into the email matter -- or deny it," Lynch added. "We were sticking with policy, and that was my position on that. I didn't direct anyone to use specific phraseology. When the Director asked me how to best to handle that, I said: What I have been saying is we have received a referral and we are working on the matter, working on the issue, or we have all the resources we need to handle the matter, handle the issue. So that was the suggestion that I made to him."

Pressed for her reaction to Comey's statements, Lynch said they had come as a shock.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Pick one
Reply #1 - 05/24/19 at 12:31:00

Her.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Pick one
Reply #2 - 05/25/19 at 07:18:43

Look at how long ago Comey made it public that she instructed him to call it a Matter.
Why now?
Why would she wait
And
Why would she suddenly decide to say he's lying?

I think she's lying about this.
And other things.
And Comey has plenty of lies to account for.

But , one of them IS lying about this.
I'm saying it's her.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 02:51:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pick one

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.