Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb Needle - Old Versus New (Read 52 times)
VortecCPI

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carb Needle - Old Versus New
05/22/19 at 16:26:43

Does anybody have a picture comparing the 1986-1995 needle with the 1996-and-up needle?  I am thinking of trying an old needle in my wife's 2012.  Not so much for the adjustability but more so if the old needle tends to be a bit richer at part-throttle positions.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Carb Needle - Old Versus New
Reply #1 - 05/23/19 at 11:24:07

Vortec    I don't have both carbs to compare , but it's hard to determine if the old jet  would make fuel flow richer , that jet ran with a 155 main jet , and Í think a larger throttle plate  ( larger throat ?)  It's hard to guess how it would work in a newer carb , but it might work well  if carefully tuned. I be interested  in hearing about the results if you decide to try it

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
VortecCPI

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/23/19 at 11:32:23

batman wrote on 05/23/19 at 11:24:07:
Vortec    I don't have both carbs to compare , but it's hard to determine if the old jet  would make fuel flow richer , that jet ran with a 155 main jet , and Í think a larger throttle plate  ( larger throat ?)  It's hard to guess how it would work in a newer carb , but it might work well  if carefully tuned. I be interested  in hearing about the results if you decide to try it

I am going to order an old needle and do a few measurements for a comparison.  The Honda CRF230F has two needles and they are identical except that the new ones have just one clip position.  I suspect the same may be true for our bikes.

This thing is so close to being perfect i am not going to give up.  Needs to be just a tiny bit richer on the needle for mid and part-throttle work.

Even so...  It is MAGNITUDES better than it was stock!!!

Thanks to this forum, of course...

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 05/24/19 at 21:52:26

Vortec , You said your running a 150 or 152.5 it may be better to leave that in place to start, and if your a bit rich , replace the stock 52.5 pilot jet on your carb with a 50 , seeing the old carb ran a 47.5(don't know, just a thought ).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 06:12:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb Needle - Old Versus New

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.