Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Farm finds (Read 132 times)
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Re: Farm finds
Reply #15 - 05/24/19 at 01:41:28

If those GS bikes are similar there is probably enough parts between them to get a running bike. With enough proficiency stubbornness and cash anything is possible. Check compression on the engines, if anything much of the parts can be sold on ebay.

Sad to see them decay like that. Hopefully one has potential.

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #16 - 05/24/19 at 10:51:45

The problem is none of those bikes will be worth the time and money you would put into getting them road worthy.  You may get lucky and find one you could get running, but then you have a lot of expensive restoration ahead of you.  I always look for runners if I'm taking on a project.  

I'd be looking for tanks, seats and wheels or a complete donor bike for a project.  Check out my "2 bikes, 1 title" thread in rubber side down.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 05/24/19 at 12:02:54

You can find running examples of these bikes pretty cheaply.

If you can find some usable cast wheels, a fuel tank, etc. that is great - but there is no reason to try and recover/restore/reuse these bikes.

Now if you can find an Excelsior or Pierce Arrow barn find - then it would be worth the effort.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:04:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Farm finds

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.