Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
God Is Not Judging Me
05/20/19 at 05:40:27

Back....by popular demand ...  Grin Grin Grin Smiley

There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. - John 3:18

Why do we tend to give away too much of ourselves to others and neglect to care for ourselves? Often we’re driven by a fear of being judged. We are haunted by a sense that we haven’t done enough or we haven’t done what was expected. And at the root of those fears is the sense that the one who is most critical of us is God himself.

But that’s just not true. John tells us plainly that when we believe in Jesus, God does not judge us. Paul makes this even clearer when he asserts, "So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). No ifs, no ands, no buts—absolutely no condemnation, simply because we belong to Jesus. And that freedom from judgment is not based on how we feel about it. It’s reality—based on a transaction we made with God when we affirmed our belief and he adopted us into his family.

So that critical voice we so often hear in our heads is not God speaking; it’s us. God speaks only in the language of love.

Ask Yourself

How loud is the critical, judgmental voice in your head? Who first told you the things that your critical voice now repeats?

Since the critical voice is not telling the truth, how can you argue against it?

Ask God

Loving heavenly Father, thank you for not judging me. Help me not to listen to that critical voice within me, for I know it is not you. Help me to know that I am loved by you and accepted for who I am.

Ya all have a great week.....PEACE  Kiss

PS: Thank you ALL who care so much about me, my welfare, my walk, that you take the time to read my post, and to share your concerns, I know deep down they are genuine and caring....LOVE YOU MUCH for your support, may God Bless you too!   Kiss Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: God Is Not Judging Me
Reply #1 - 05/20/19 at 06:37:58

Just to clarify Ray; I believe that refers to salvation not what you could define as 'day to day' actions.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/20/19 at 07:31:27

https://newlife.com/god-is-not-judging-me/

Nothing added really in the source material but I agree with Webstermark on this one.

What's interesting is the willingness to share these biblical outlooks while creating posts just to insult other members here.  Good thing God knows how to communicate.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/20/19 at 08:00:56

Easy peasy there Eegore....

You are doing that thing where anyone who states a particular moral position is automatically a target for the charge of hypocrisy while those who state no moral position are immune. It's an easy way to toss aside valid objections.  In other words, an atheist who is a strong leftist could never face such a charge. What could they be accused of doing that is against their position; their moral pathway. They have none. Ray does and has stated it so he's an easy target.

God was/is very judgmental, God was/is very divisive.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/20/19 at 08:07:55

I don't really have an opinion of it other than it's interesting.

You are correct that an Atheist would be less likely to have someone point out their religious views contradict with their outward actions towards the world around them, however I don't feel political affiliation is relevant.  

One is immune to hypocrisy if they don't share an opinion on a subject matter, no matter their religion or political affiliation.  There would be nothing to compare.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/20/19 at 08:48:05

The thing is, spouting a bunch of religious gobbledygook doesn't make you a good person,...
If there's a god, I don't believe he'll judge you on your bullshit, he'll judge you on what you do.  This includes how you treat and speak to others.
Bible quotes aren't a "get out jail free" card...
God ain't laffin'...

Religious advice from an atheist... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/20/19 at 08:58:50

The thing is, spouting a bunch of religious gobbledygook doesn't make you a good person,...

A classic case demonstrated by our friend Sew here. For example, both Ray and Sew could offer opinions on any topic, but Ray's opinion is always judged by an overall moral position which he has previously stated. Sew's position is never judged by a moral position because he has none.  He is free to argue strictly on the merits of his position while Ray has to do the same PLUS deal with any charges of hypocrisy.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 05/20/19 at 09:02:01

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 08:58:50:
A classic case demonstrated by our friend Sew here. For example, both Ray and Sew could offer opinions on any topic, but Ray's opinion is always judged by an overall moral position which he has previously stated. Sew's position is never judged by a moral position because he has none.  He is free to argue strictly on the merits of his position while Ray has to do the same PLUS deal with any charges of hypocrisy.

Totaly Agree.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/20/19 at 09:17:56

"Sew's position is never judged by a moral position because he has none.  He is free to argue strictly on the merits of his position while Ray has to do the same PLUS deal with any charges of hypocrisy."

Yes.

This is the byproduct of proclaiming a moral position, or any position at all.  

When people here say we need to be civil and then start tossing out insults, they are not assessed strictly on their position of saying we need to act civil, they are also assessed on their actions of not being civil.

People who do not say we need to act civil can not be assessed as if they have taken that stance.  They would be assessed strictly on what they do.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 05/20/19 at 09:19:41

Rightfully so...
Nobody made him put it out there.
The hypocrisy is in the posting, not in his religious belief.
None of us would know his religion if he didn't flout it.
We observe him speaking of a code he doesn't follow.
Hypocrisy 101

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/20/19 at 09:25:04

You flout you lack of religious belief, sometimes with equal vigor as Ray does his belief.

Point is, atheist and leftist (can you have one without the other?...) are Teflon coated. What charge of hypocrisy could you be labeled with?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 05/20/19 at 09:36:39

I guess there's difference in flouting a belief and a non-belief.
How is that my problem?...
I should ignore the hypocrisy out of respect for a religion he demonstrates no adherence to other than word salad?...
This is an issue he posted not me.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/20/19 at 09:39:57

WebsterMark wrote on 05/20/19 at 08:58:50:

Correct.  Funny that you understand the concept, but refute the results.

The story of Jesus is a great one.  More often than not, it's perverted to fit some idiot's narrative to justify some action or another.  The true message of his story is lost.  Sadly, many of those who evangelize him the most are those who fail the worst at knowing what the story is all about.

Hypocrisy on all levels is what I personally have the biggest problems with, I think I've made that abundantly clear.  

Case in point - all these biblical posts from guys like ray, offering "spiritual enhancement" or whatever - and then another calling someone out just to insult them.  But "that's OK - I'm a sinner" they say.

No - sorry, that sh!t don't fly.  You set yourself up as being "better" - you had better be better.

Another case in point - the religious right supports a person like trump - an admitted adulterer, a shady businessman, a proven liar, a fake Christian (at best) and a man who is a sexual predator (pu$$y grabbing anyone?).  Yet at the same time, they deride a man like Obama and label him a Muslim and accuse him of ridiculous things like enacting Sharia Law or saying that Michelle Obama is a man.  Seriously?

Politically it's a parallel circumstance.  Those same people who railed against Obama's "terrible" policies now embrace all those same things trump does even more (the golfing, the social media, the prompter reading to name a few).  Additionally, those same people who criticized Obama for things like the deficit are now perfectly fine to see it up by 700% or so...  Same with unemployment, workforce participation, inflation, the stock market, wages, and on and on.  All these things were improved by the Obama administration and led to trump walking into a growing economy and low unemployment - but all they see is red, or should I say, orange.

You stated that it's a "lack of morals" that insulates guys like Setro and me.

Not true.  It's the fact that we operate with far less pretense than you or ray or jog.  Our morality is in some ways much higher than those of a "Christian" (IMHO).    

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/20/19 at 09:58:11

Sadly, many of those who evangelize him the most are those who fail the worst at knowing what the story is all about.

what story?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 05/20/19 at 09:59:46

T And T Garage wrote on 05/20/19 at 09:39:57:
 More often than not, it's perverted to fit some idiot's narrative to justify some action or another.  
 It's the fact that we operate with far less pretense than you or ray or jog.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You just made the point,
that, YOU, believe YOU,
are smarter, Better, and more, 'moral', than everyone else.
Because, YOU believe, in, Not Believing !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 00:24:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › God Is Not Judging Me

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.