Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The fix is in....I think? (Read 110 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: The fix is in....I think?
Reply #15 - 05/19/19 at 02:10:30

The Corvair was my first car --- proof positive that Chevy engineers can't copy VW engine designs worth a crap.

Tongue

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 05/20/19 at 05:20:02

jcstokes wrote on 05/19/19 at 01:40:30:
Pushing technological boundaries can go wrong, eg Titanic, early DC6's and early Comet aircraft. The Salk anti polio vaccine of the 1950@s might be another one, not to mention the Chev Corvair.

In the 1950’s when I was in elementary school we had several kids at school who had contracted Polio and had to wear braces on a leg or both legs and many on crutches for life, and I went to a very small rural school, maybe 150 students.  When the Salk vaccine came out it was a game changer at the time.  The number of kids getting Polio was reduced drastically over the next few years.  
Were there issues with it ?  Perhaps, but it did a lot of good, until something better could be developed.
It saved lives.

I drove a Corvair for a couple of years and it was fun to drive, handled very well even on snow and ice.  The engine over the rear tires made for great traction.  I don’t know if it was a better than average Corvair but it had good power.  I liked it.  Just my experience.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 05/20/19 at 05:41:23

We had a Corvair when I was in elementary school.  It had the automatic transmission with the little lever on the dash to change gears.

I can still remember the smell of smoky oil coming off the air cooled engine on hot summer days. Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 05/20/19 at 15:43:25

We had a Corvair van.....not sure what they called it, but the engine was in the rear.
It was so cool, I can remember going camping in it, and being dry inside when it was raining like crazy  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #19 - 05/20/19 at 20:18:58

I too got the Salk vaccine in 1956, no ill effects, but we all had to get the Sabin vaccine about 1962 as some thing had come up with the Salk vaccine.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 07:39:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › The fix is in....I think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.