Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The fix is in....I think? (Read 110 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
The fix is in....I think?
05/17/19 at 11:17:15

Hope this is NOT inside trading  Grin

Just got off the phone with Boeing, they offered me a pretty good deal to come back to them for 6 months, to work on the 737, which makes me think they got the fix to install on all the existing out of service aircraft...???

I really am only guessing, they emailed me a proposal, but it doesn't state the cause, only the program, with all my current certifications required.

I am not sure I want to miss another summer, as I would report in early June.
Sometimes you just gotta walk away, not turn back, to the past, or it will trap you....money has that capacity to really make you "sell your soul"  Shocked

My suggestions, buy Boeing stock, as this will really give it a kick, however, don't bet on me.....  Wink  

BTW, the aircraft as configured is safe, it has proven its airworthiness, its the sneaking circumventing of policies and procedures that caused this issue in the first place.....
Boeing will pay dearly for that, I am certain, my heart just aches for those who lost loved ones because of it, should never ever happen, period, not for profits!  Angry

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Re: The fix is in....I think?
Reply #1 - 05/17/19 at 11:53:03

Tell them you are going with Curtiss-Wright ! Cool

Good luck, Ray, you'll make the right decision.

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/17/19 at 12:36:44

Papa Bear wrote on 05/17/19 at 11:53:03:
Tell them you are going with Curtiss-Wright ! Cool

Good luck, Ray, you'll make the right decision.

HAHA....That is funny.

I won't travel, that is a deal breaker, period.
I will make such demands that they will tell me to kiss off.

Hell, I am halfway done weeding my gardens from years of neglect, I ain't about to let the weeds win, again  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Plus, the guys I am part-timing for now in the building sector, bought me a new rig, etc, to come back and help them out. I can't just shine them on.....friendships are priceless, and last longer, than any $$$$$ I get in the short term.

Yes, it feels good, I admit, that more than one guy is asking me to the prom  Grin Grin Grin Grin  Shocked

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 05/17/19 at 12:46:05

Money is very important, but it's not god.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/17/19 at 17:05:28

jcstokes wrote on 05/17/19 at 12:46:05:
Money is very important, but it's not god.

So true....it can often be too easy to worship  Wink

Thanks!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #5 - 05/17/19 at 22:23:20

If you knew when to call time, it was time!
BTW, did they ever address the issue of moving the engine mount location for the bigger engines?
cheers! Cool

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #6 - 05/18/19 at 01:09:56

Stock moved to $US 360, before going back to $US 355 today.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/18/19 at 02:04:29

BTW, the aircraft as configured is safe, it has proven its airworthiness, its the sneaking circumventing of policies and procedures

There are dead people who went nose first into the ground because the air speed indicator was wrong, kicking in the stall prevention device, so, unless you have different information to explain why they crashed, I'm not even gonna entertain the notion that the cheap model is safe. Some have different systems.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 05/18/19 at 07:59:10

zipidachimp wrote on 05/17/19 at 22:23:20:
If you knew when to call time, it was time!
BTW, did they ever address the issue of moving the engine mount location for the bigger engines?
cheers! Cool

I can't speak to what is transpiring on that "fix" but it is safe to say the wing/motor configuration will stay put, as the larger engine was needed for this bigger fuselage. The LG location stayed the same, which was why the AC had to have the longer engine mount further forward, to accommodate the LG wheel swing.

BTW, after further contact with Boeing, they want me not on the 737, but the 777 MAX program......

Another very proven and successful airframe/aircraft that gets maxed   Shocked Huh

I ain't going.....just too many reasons why, done  Smiley

« Last Edit: 05/18/19 at 10:29:23 by raydawg »  

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 05/18/19 at 08:17:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/18/19 at 02:04:29:
BTW, the aircraft as configured is safe, it has proven its airworthiness, its the sneaking circumventing of policies and procedures

There are dead people who went nose first into the ground because the air speed indicator was wrong, kicking in the stall prevention device, so, unless you have different information to explain why they crashed, I'm not even gonna entertain the notion that the cheap model is safe. Some have different systems.

I think you read more into that than intended.....

I was talking strictly the planes structure/airframe, NOT, the software they used to cover up their devious short cutting the procedures to test and document the engine relocation.....WHICH I know nothing about whatsoever, it just a red flag that this "remodel" wasn't proven by the standard modifications procedures of flight testing.
To me it seems all the previous models never had a issue with this technology and installations, readily overridden and disabled without having to get up and out of the pilot seat, why they put in new software to serve the same purpose, and a remote breaker to disable it....I don't know, but I think it was a group think working within the perimeters of what upper management told them they could do for a "just in case" the weight shift forward might be a issue in some situations....
Example, heavy laden aircraft, taking off into adverse weather conditions, etc, where getting good lift and short runways make for pulling back on your joystick too much, a temptation to get the hell up and outta there.....?????

I don't know, just "rumors"from shop talk.....????

Jog, that plane, the 737, spent way more time in the air in its serviceable life, than on the ground, do you realize that might mean 6 cycles a day stress on it....?
That is proof right there she is a worthy and proven design.    

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #10 - 05/18/19 at 09:58:22

Ray,
I spent my life, 40 plus years, flying all kinds of aircraft. What Boeing did, in my opinion, was not far short of criminal! I realize that the crews involved made mistakes but they certainly were aided and abetted by The MCAS system, compounded by the fact that Boeing didn't tell the airlines or crews about it. I am willing to bet that the trim jack/screws on both of those aircraft will be found to be in the full nose down position.

As you said Boeing will pay dearly for it. :'(

Good luck with your dilemma. As you say money isn't everything.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 05/18/19 at 10:27:26

norm92de wrote on 05/18/19 at 09:58:22:
Ray,
I spent my life, 40 plus years, flying all kinds of aircraft. What Boeing did, in my opinion, was not far short of criminal! I realize that the crews involved made mistakes but they certainly were aided and abetted by The MCAS system, compounded by the fact that Boeing didn't tell the airlines or crews about it. I am willing to bet that the trim jack/screws on both of those aircraft will be found to be in the full nose down position.

As you said Boeing will pay dearly for it. :'(

Good luck with your dilemma. As you say money isn't everything.

Thank you Sir......

You believe in irony/karma?

You mention the jack screw, not the first time these guys who be, knew a issue existed, in another aircraft, under a different manufacturer, that if not paid attention to, might cause issues.

You know what, back when one of these Alaskan Airlines crashed off the Channel Islands, I was working on a fishing boat, we had to go and help in the rescue attempt. Of course there were nothing but small debris to recover.
That had to be one hairy ride as that plane went inverted into the brink....

Not sure if you can connect the two, maybe just the attitude is all   Embarrassed

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #12 - 05/18/19 at 17:18:16

Ray,
The difference between the two scenarios is that the MD 80 jack/screw failed because of lack of maintenance. The recent Boeing failures were caused by computer 'stuff' that in reality shouldn't have been there in the first place. The system will still be there after Boeing has finished their corrective engineering. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 05/18/19 at 21:23:23

norm92de wrote on 05/18/19 at 17:18:16:
Ray,
The difference between the two scenarios is that the MD 80 jack/screw failed because of lack of maintenance. The recent Boeing failures were caused by computer 'stuff' that in reality shouldn't have been there in the first place. The system will still be there after Boeing has finished their corrective engineering. :'(

Oh I understand that, but I was just drawing the reference to the effected system, out of all them that go into flight control, these two events ended at the vertical stab......

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #14 - 05/19/19 at 01:40:30

Pushing technological boundaries can go wrong, eg Titanic, early DC6's and early Comet aircraft. The Salk anti polio vaccine of the 1950@s might be another one, not to mention the Chev Corvair.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 08:38:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › The fix is in....I think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.