Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well I finally did it ! (Read 100 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Well I finally did it !
05/14/19 at 20:47:14

So I started the year with two trucks , both of them extended cab trucks .   One was the 2002 Ranger (4L-V6) I bought in 2005 that still only had 120K-miles on it .   The other was a 2003 S-10 with only 150K miles on it and a 4.3L under the hood.

They both loved fuel way to much to take a long trip in.   The both did about 19 mpg-ish .    So , I sold them both !

My new to me one is a 2017 with only 11K miles .   I had to run to the bank in one town and then back to the town where the dealer is , then home for an extra driver , all together just over a hundred miles .  The Average MPG from me ridding around today local to town twice and light traffic was 31.7mpg --- I can live with that !   Wink

It came with a 7-prong trailer plug ,frame mount 2" hitch , and a pig-tail for a brake controller too  Smiley Smiley Smiley

O'yea , a pair of those "Jump Seats" and two rear little doors for extra possibility .  

It still has a long enough bed to put a motorcycle in ... I might need to get a triple-wide ramp for ridding the bike up .   Any body tried riddling up one of those wide , folding ramps yet ?  Huh

Mikes2017NewTruck14May2019.jpeg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Well I finally did it !
Reply #1 - 05/14/19 at 22:38:24

Over thirty mpg?
Carrumba , what engine? Automatic?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 05/15/19 at 03:16:05

Looks like we got a truck to haul us and the bikes to Sturgis! Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 05/15/19 at 05:39:20

I traded my car that averaged 30 mpg for something that averages 25 mpg...BUT, once finished, my wife and I will be able to travel with the new rig and keep all of our stuff secured inside.  Smiley Smiley

van.jpg
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/15/19 at 06:41:49

WHAT...I get 31.7 miles per tank in my super duty.....   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Angry

I luv my super cab, you will like it too, had the super crew cab before, never really used it. It was hard to find the truck I wanted because everybody wants more truck, or just your basic work package XL.

Mine actually rides better pulling, but she swills gas like a wino and a new bottle of two buck chuck...arg.

Nice looking rig!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 05/15/19 at 08:43:22

Oh, so misleading of a title.  

I thought this might be a notice that you finally took a bath.   Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 05/15/19 at 11:45:13

Well , actually I havent taken a bath since I was 8 years old and even then I had to wait till my sister got done with her turn in the tub , but granny did add some more hot water in-between users !   Roll Eyes

Yea Dave , we might get two bikes in the back of it .   Me and Lancer put both of ours in the back of his little Dodge and there about the same size.  

Mikes2017NewTruck14May2019TrailerBrakes.jpeg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 05/15/19 at 14:05:56

I have had 2 bikes many times; had 3 several times: 3 Savages side by side, middle one back a bit; and 2 side by side and one crossway on the back; AND a bunch of bags, parts box/s, tools, fuel & oil.

Hiway mpg 19-20, combined 17-19.
Nope, not all that good, but it was paid off years ago, perked up a little (kind of like a re-jet and stock muffler replacement on a Savage) and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY on the engine/trans/drive shaft and rear end.  Yep.  That is pretty good.

MM, I think the cargo space in the bed are about the same, you may have a slight advantage of an inch or two on the bed width.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 05/15/19 at 14:56:33

Side by side the handlebars fight a little bit and the tailgate is halfway up.
Or you can put one front and one backwards.

So check to see if you tailgate links have a halfway option cause you'll need it.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 05/16/19 at 06:46:00

Yep, that halfway feature on the tail gate is a handy feature.
Helps keep bikes and stuff in their proper place.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/17/19 at 07:50:33

I had in my other truck (I sold) a bed extender.....
It worked really good, gained about 2 feet or so, and was removable if you didn't need it.

Here is one for your truck:

https://www.amazon.com/AMP-Research-74815-00A-BedXTender-2007-2018/dp/B00AECA...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 05:24:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Well I finally did it !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.