Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
'kind of a calming feeling' (Read 158 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
'kind of a calming feeling'
05/12/19 at 17:57:06

'There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust'  -  Tlaib

(not the onion)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/rashida-tlaib-says-thinking-of-the-ho...

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: 'kind of a calming feeling'
Reply #1 - 05/12/19 at 19:52:26

Its Ok.....

Ya know, Jews killed Jesus.........too.  Huh

And then there is this:  

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had made "a bad call" by allowing a Texas imam with a history of anti-Israel comments to deliver the noon prayer in the House of Representatives last week.

In 2017, the Algemeiner reported that Suleiman had posted an image on social media supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013 and had posted on Facebook and Twitter during the 2014 conflict between Israel and Hamas: "God willing on this blessed night as the 3rd Intifada begins, the beginning of the end of Zionism is here. May Allah help us overcome this monster, protect the innocent of the world, and accept the murdered as martyrs."

Suleiman had posted a video purporting to show conflicts between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers with the comment: "Want to know what its [sic] like to live under Nazis? Look no further than how the Palestinians are treated daily by apartheid Israel. Sickening." That post was accompanied by the hashtag "BDS," an acronym for the anti-Israel "Boycott, Divest, Sanction" movement.

The new democrat party?  Lips Sealed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/12/19 at 20:06:29

I think allowing people with various views of US policy to deliver prayer is an example of what our country stands for.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/13/19 at 05:11:37

I hear David Duke is available, give him a call.

Seriously Eegore, you need to rethink that last comment of yours. Like Pelosi, you made a bad call.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/13/19 at 05:36:55

What religions and political viewpoints should be allowed and how do we reach a consensus on what religions, and what specific views are acceptable?

There has to be some standard presented if we are going to start disallowing opinions.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/13/19 at 06:09:24

Eegore wrote on 05/12/19 at 20:06:29:
 I think allowing people with various views of US policy to deliver prayer is an example of what our country stands for.

Well put Eegore.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 05/13/19 at 06:10:13

Quote:
'There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust'  -  Tlaib

Couple of good wiffs of ZYKLON B would calm her ignorant a*s down even more. It truly astonishes me that a POS like her could be elected to congress. And it's not real easy to surprise me anymore.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/13/19 at 06:16:52

oldNslow wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:10:13:
Quote:

Couple of good wiffs of ZYKLON B would calm her ignorant a*s down even more. It truly astonishes me that a POS like her could be elected to congress. And it's not real easy to surprise me anymore.

old - you should probably read the entire quote to get the context.

Yeah - her recollection of the history is off - but you make it sound like she "enjoyed the holocaust.  Simply not true.

Context matters.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 05/13/19 at 06:30:34

T And T Garage wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:16:52:
Quote:

Yeah - her recollection of the history is off - but you make it sound like she "enjoyed the holocaust.  Simply not true.

Context matters.

I did read the entire quote and I'm well aware of the context. Her recollection of history is not "off", it is pure bulls*it.

Please don't tell me you are in any way defending her.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/13/19 at 06:49:39

oldNslow wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:30:34:
Quote:

Context matters.

I did read the entire quote and I'm well aware of the context. Her recollection of history is not "off", it is pure bulls*it.

I'm saying that your quote was out of context.  I think she's fine with what she said.

"There’s always kind of a calming feeling I tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports," Tlaib said just after the 28 minute mark. "And just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them. And so when I think about a one-state, I think about the fact that, why couldn't we do it in a better way?”

When asked whether advocating for a one-state solution could be seen as reckless, Tlaib replied,"No, I'm coming from a place of love, for equality and justice, I truly am."
"I want a safe haven for Jews," she added. "Who doesn't want to be safe? I am humbled by the fact that it was my ancestors that had to suffer for that to happen, but I will not turn my back and allow others to hijack it and say that it's some extremist approach because they're coming from a place of... whatever it is... of division, inequality.

See, context of the ENTIRE quote is needed.

I don't need to defend her - there's nothing to defend.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #10 - 05/13/19 at 06:55:28

oldNslow wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:30:34:
Quote:

Context matters.

I concur with your opinion.

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 05/13/19 at 06:57:36

Tlaib replied,"No, I'm coming from a place of love, for equality and justice, I truly am."  "I want a safe haven for Jews,"

Grin

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 05/13/19 at 06:59:10

Eegore wrote on 05/13/19 at 05:36:55:
 What religions and political viewpoints should be allowed and how do we reach a consensus on what religions, and what specific views are acceptable?

There has to be some standard presented if we are going to start disallowing opinions.

I believe that has been established, if you are white or support Christianity you are chastised.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/13/19 at 07:11:16

pg wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:59:10:

I believe that has been established, if you are white or support Christianity you are chastised.  

Best regards,

LOL - now that's a good one!  Only in America, where Christianity and whites are the majority can you claim "if you are white or support Christianity you are chastised" - too funny.

Oh, poor you.... poor white, Christian.  You can't go to Walmart without being looked at funny.  Every time you walk by a single black woman, she clutches her purse tighter.  Everytime you go and apply for a job, the guy with the "ethnic name" gets an interview before you.

Grin

Now that's funny!!!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 05/13/19 at 08:33:41

T And T Garage wrote on 05/13/19 at 07:11:16:
pg wrote on 05/13/19 at 06:59:10:

Best regards,

LOL - now that's a good one!  Only in America, where Christianity and whites are the majority can you claim "if you are white or support Christianity you are chastised" - too funny.

Oh, poor you.... poor white, Christian.  You can't go to Walmart without being looked at funny.  Every time you walk by a single black woman, she clutches her purse tighter.  Everytime you go and apply for a job, the guy with the "ethnic name" gets an interview before you.

Grin

Now that's funny!!!

This isn't funny.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/560308997/irs-apologizes-for-aggressive-scruti...

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 12:25:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 'kind of a calming feeling'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.