Send Topic Print
This Is How - (Read 419 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: This Is How -
Reply #60 - 05/14/19 at 19:26:56

that's why most the people I know would like AR's and similar removed from common sale.  

Everyone in that group fails to understand the second amendment.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #61 - 05/14/19 at 20:22:46

Quote:
I do think you are wrong when you say Democrats, or anyone in office have stated clearly they want to remove every gun from every US citizen.  Or "Ban All Guns".

And you never will, unless they slip up and let the cat out of the bag accidentally. That would be politically unwise. That doesn't mean however that complete disarmament of everyone that is not an agent of the government is precisely what a lot of them do  want. They understand that they can't accomplish that in one fell swoop. They have to do it incrementally.

So they lie. They use phrases like "commom sense gun laws" "making people feel safe" "if it saves just one life" "military style assault rifles", cop killer bullets, and on and on.

And of course there is my own personal favorite: " I am a gun owner, but ..."

When you hear that one from a politician you can be quite sure that a shovel load of bullcr*p is coming your way.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 05/15/19 at 07:02:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/14/19 at 15:37:15:
I didn't take her words out of context.
She couldn't get the votes.
Taking the guns Is what she wants.

All the guns jog?  No.  But you implied that.  You lied.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #63 - 05/15/19 at 07:54:32

Eegore wrote on 05/14/19 at 16:50:19:
 I don't think you're wrong regarding that.  I do think you are wrong when you say Democrats, or anyone in office have stated clearly they want to remove every gun from every US citizen.  Or "Ban All Guns".

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/hawaii-democrats-want-us-con...

WWW   IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #64 - 05/15/19 at 08:35:53

oldNslow wrote on 05/14/19 at 20:22:46:
"...They understand that they can't accomplish that in one fell swoop. They have to do it incrementally..."

The Gun Haters, KNOW:
'...Put a frog in a pan of cold water, then slowly raise the heat'

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 05/15/19 at 08:56:04

verslagen1 wrote on 05/15/19 at 07:54:32:
 I don't think you're wrong regarding that.  I do think you are wrong when you say Democrats, or anyone in office have stated clearly they want to remove every gun from every US citizen.  Or "Ban All Guns".

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/hawaii-democrats-want-us-con...

Well vers - that's a nonsense headline.  If you read past it, you'd see:

"consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right."

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #66 - 05/15/19 at 09:20:47

T And T Garage wrote on 05/15/19 at 08:56:04:

[color=#0000ff]"consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right."
[/color]

That's not what was asked.
He stated "I do think you are wrong when you say Democrats, or anyone in office have stated clearly they want to remove every gun from every US citizen.  Or "Ban All Guns"."
It's pretty clear that the democrats of hawaii want to at a minimum remove the individuals right to own a gun.
Or is that too complex for you?

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 05/15/19 at 09:29:11

[quote author=23302726393432303B64550 link=1557439853/60#66 date=1557937247]T And T Garage wrote on 05/15/19 at 08:56:04:

"consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right."

He stated "I do think you are wrong when you say Democrats, or anyone in office have stated clearly they want to remove every gun from every US citizen.  Or "Ban All Guns"."
It's pretty clear that the democrats of hawaii want to at a minimum remove the individuals right to own a gun.

LOL - that's not at all what this article was about.

Did you even read it???

A resolution introduced in the Hawaii Senate this week urges the U.S. Congress to "consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right."

The resolution also urges Congress to adopt a proposed constitutional amendment "to clarify the constitutional right to bear arms."

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June 2008 that the Second Amendment "protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

The 5-4 ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller also stated, "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

The Hawaii Senate resolution has been referred to committee and no hearings are scheduled at this time.

Of Hawaii's 25 state senators, only one is Republican. The rest are Democrats.

In a statement on its website, the National Rifle Association said, "This resolution shows a gross disregard for individual liberties that the United States was founded upon."

The U.S. Supreme Court's Heller decision also referenced the founding of the nation, noting that the "militia" in those days "comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense.

According to the ruling: "The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved."

The court found that the District of Columbia's prohibition on the possession of usable handguns in the home violated the Second Amendment.

In the U.S. Congress, the Democrat-led House has acted quickly on its first major gun legislation, passing H.R. 8, the "Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019," late last month.

The bill would make it illegal for any person who is not a licensed firearm importer, manufacturer, or dealer to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not so licensed without a background check.

In other words, all private gun sales would have to go through a licensed firearms dealer before the transfer could be finalized.

The NRA called the bill "misguided and ineffective legislation that is designed to score political points, not address crime, violence or mental health."

It has no chance of becoming law at this time, with Republicans in control of the Senate and the White House.

Even that conservative rag cns couldn't lie... it's about restriction, not banning.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #68 - 05/15/19 at 09:37:55

Yes, it is too complex for you.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 05/15/19 at 10:49:06

verslagen1 wrote on 05/15/19 at 09:37:55:
Yes, it is too complex for you.

T&T: Look at this picture of a Zebra:

vers:  That's an alligator.

T&T:  Huh?  Are we looking at the same pic?

vers:  It's too complex for you.

T&T:  What?.....  It's clearly a zebra!

vers:  You just don't understand.

T&T:   Huh

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #70 - 05/15/19 at 11:25:18

I'm sorry I can't talk at a kindergarten level for you.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 05/15/19 at 12:30:15

verslagen1 wrote on 05/15/19 at 11:25:18:

OK then, professor - show me where, in that article that you referenced, does it say "ban all guns".

Should be easy, since you're sooooo smart, right?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 05/15/19 at 12:40:24

T And T Garage wrote on 05/15/19 at 12:30:15:

OK then, professor - show me where, in that article that you referenced, does it say "ban all guns".

That's not what I crappity smacking said stooge.
Quote:

Again
At a minimum remove the individuals right to own a gun.
And I will add, that democrats will not stop until the 2nd is repealed to ban all weapons.
That much has been said by a politician... I just can't remember who.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #73 - 05/15/19 at 12:59:19

It could be a step, but by definition I would not say this is a request to remove all firearms from the civilian population.  I do not feel that mandated gun registration equates to firearm removal, or similar tactics.

BE IT RESOLVED by the Senate of the Thirtieth Legislature of the State of Hawaii, Regular Session of 2019, the House of Representatives concurring, that the United States Congress is urged to propose and adopt a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution pursuant to article V of the United States Constitution to clarify the constitutional right to bear arms; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the United States Congress is requested to consider and discuss whether the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution should be repealed or amended to clarify that the right to bear arms is a collective, rather than individual, constitutional right; and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that certified copies of this Concurrent Resolution be transmitted to the President Pro Tempore of the United States Senate, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Members of the Hawaii congressional delegation, and the Governor.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 05/15/19 at 14:16:19

verslagen1 wrote on 05/15/19 at 12:40:24:
T And T Garage wrote on 05/15/19 at 12:30:15:

That's not what I crappity smacking said stooge.
Quote:

Again
At a minimum remove the individuals right to own a gun. - LMAO - how is that not a ban????  Tell us, genius!
And I will add, that democrats will not stop until the 2nd is repealed to ban all weapons.
That much has been said by a politician... I just can't remember who.

Nice cursing by the way - you, being an admin, should know better.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 08:20:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This Is How -

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.