Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ (Read 173 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: ‘No Way To Prevent This,’
Reply #30 - 06/03/19 at 10:39:49

WebsterMark wrote on 06/03/19 at 10:35:57:
Chicago is no different than any major metropolitan US city, including my city of St Louis. Gang bangers kill each other daily. Those calling for more gun laws are afraid to focus on the "who and what" causes for those stats. They don't really care about those lives, its not like they know or interact with them. It's just a stick to slap the political hockey puck around with.

Chicago must have a lot of gang bangers then...…

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 06/03/19 at 11:37:52

pg wrote on 06/03/19 at 10:39:49:
Chicago is no different than any major metropolitan US city, including my city of St Louis. Gang bangers kill each other daily. Those calling for more gun laws are afraid to focus on the "who and what" causes for those stats. They don't really care about those lives, its not like they know or interact with them. It's just a stick to slap the political hockey puck around with.

Best regards,

We do, sadly.

The communities that are most affected are trying their best.  We'll see how Lightfoot handles things.  She's already getting rid of "aldermanic prerogative" - I'm happy to see her making good on her promises already.

Still, we're far better off, per capita, than many other cities when it comes to murders.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 06/03/19 at 13:13:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/09/19 at 11:24:23:
Well, that can only mean one thing.
It CAN'T work here, TOO.
But, IIRC, weren't you pointing to all the Other Places where they have socialized health care and explaining how much WE should Do it Their Way?

can we do both?  arm teachers and staff (on their own voluntary basis of course unless you want to really start funding teachers like they are both security and teachers and paying them for both rolls)  and have single payer health care?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #33 - 06/03/19 at 13:16:13

T And T Garage wrote on 06/03/19 at 11:37:52:

Best regards,

We do, sadly.

The communities that are most affected are trying their best.  We'll see how Lightfoot handles things.  She's already getting rid of "aldermanic prerogative" - I'm happy to see her making good on her promises already.

Still, we're far better off, per capita, than many other cities when it comes to murders.

Are you glad Rahm is not longer in office?  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 06/03/19 at 13:24:00

pg wrote on 06/03/19 at 13:16:13:
T And T Garage wrote on 06/03/19 at 11:37:52:

Best regards,

We do, sadly.

Are you glad Rahm is not longer in office?  

Best regards,

There was good and bad with Rham.  I'm glad he's out, but I also respect that he bowed out of his own accord. “This has been the job of a lifetime, but it is not a job for a lifetime.”  A great quote that all elected officials should adopt.

Frankly, it's gonna be a bit of a sh!tshow getting through this next year with Lightfoot.  An elected school board (finally) and the end of aldermanic prerogative are steps in the right direction - but full on legalized gambling (coming from Springfield) is gonna be a tough one to handle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 08:24:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ‘No Way To Prevent This,’

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.