Send Topic Print
Capital Punishment (Read 76 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Capital Punishment
05/06/19 at 11:07:28

I've never supported capital punishment.

John Oliver lays it out in an awesome way:

LOL - only a MFer would support it -  Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Capital Punishment
Reply #1 - 05/06/19 at 11:35:02

I'm against the death penalty for all the same reasons...
...and I want one of those frogs... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 05/06/19 at 12:44:44

A close ally in the middle east executed 37 people recently and even crucified some of corpses.   What are your thoughts on that?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/06/19 at 12:56:47

pg wrote on 05/06/19 at 12:44:44:
A close ally in the middle east executed 37 people recently and even crucified some of corpses.   What are your thoughts on that?

Best regards,    

LOL - what the hell do you think?

Why even ask the question?

But to repeat - I've never supported capital punishment.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 05/06/19 at 13:28:50

Well the petro-dollar won't last forever and I surmise our relationship with them will significantly change.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/06/19 at 13:46:54

pg wrote on 05/06/19 at 13:28:50:
Well the petro-dollar won't last forever and I surmise our relationship with them will significantly change.

Best regards,

Fine by me.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #6 - 05/06/19 at 17:18:00

TL ; DR asphyxiation by nitrogen gas.

There are two separate issues here. One is the death penalty per se, then the second issue is to do with the means that are used by States that employ the death penalty.

I would like to make a comment on the means rather than make any comment or give any opinion whatever on the the employment of the death penalty.

There's a good reason to make this distinction too because as TT has shown in the original post, he himself has confused the issue because John Oliver was not talking about the death penalty but the means. He made that very clear.

It's pretty disappointing that someone as sharp as John Oliver would present a 20 minute segment without pointing out the simple alternative to lethal injection, that is both safe, and humane as well as completely painless fast and not unpleasant at all while it's taking place. It's cheap, painless fast humane, easy and requires no chemicals any more complex than you'll find in the air you breath.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/06/19 at 20:23:02

Give them some downers and a bottle of whiskey.
Let them pass out.
Shoot them up with heroin.
Cheap, effective, painless.

And, get drugs off the street!

Now, how to address the wrongfully convicted?
Way too much of that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/07/19 at 05:57:19

eau de sauvage wrote on 05/06/19 at 17:18:00:
TL ; DR asphyxiation by nitrogen gas.

There are two separate issues here. One is the death penalty per se, then the second issue is to do with the means that are used by States that employ the death penalty.

I would like to make a comment on the means rather than make any comment or give any opinion whatever on the the employment of the death penalty.

There's a good reason to make this distinction too because as TT has shown in the original post, he himself has confused the issue because John Oliver was not talking about the death penalty but the means. He made that very clear.

Actually, Eau - he likened the death penalty to f-ing your own mother.  Yeah, there are logistics, like dad finding out - but the overarching reason is that you should never have sex with your mom!!  We should never execute criminals.

It's pretty disappointing that someone as sharp as John Oliver would present a 20 minute segment without pointing out the simple alternative to lethal injection, that is both safe, and humane as well as completely painless fast and not unpleasant at all while it's taking place. It's cheap, painless fast humane, easy and requires no chemicals any more complex than you'll find in the air you breath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 05/07/19 at 06:55:36

We should never have war......either.

When convenience is part of the equation, and society can choose, accordingly, like a mother who decides against the needs of a fetus/baby, because her needs come first, then so can people decide against keeping alive a proven criminal who had no regard for the life/lives, he wantonly took......because the cost, energy, and even his green footprint, is a bad investment.

I am not saying I agree with it, just pointing it out.

You want 100% absolute morality, then you better example, and exhibit it, or your reasoning, and arguments, are nothing more than feelings of self righteousness and based on a lie to begin with.....

BTW, that is 3 cents worth, you owe me a penny  Grin 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/07/19 at 10:17:51

"You want 100% absolute morality, then you better example, and exhibit it, or your reasoning, and arguments, are nothing more than feelings of self righteousness and based on a lie to begin with....."

This is a good way to put it.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #11 - 05/07/19 at 17:06:03

@T&T, I think you have misunderstood me. Sure Oliver has a position but the show was not a discussion of the death penalty it was a discussion on the horror of the implementation.

This is a debate that has been going on for as long as I can remember and I just wanted to point out that Oliver's team should have done proper research on the subject and if they did they would not have simply been able to point to the botched, inhumane, and cruel problems with the current system but they would have been able to present to a wider audience the absurdity of all this horror when there is a method already available with all the research already done that solves all the problems associated with the current method.

That is deprivation of oxygen is fast, painless, and pleasant. There is mountains of research on hypoxia both for high altitude climbers and fighter pilots. There is a common belief that being placed in a room that was suddenly filled with 100% nitrogen gas would be like having a plastic bag over your head and you'd die a horrifying painful convulsive death.

But this would be incorrect as you or your body would not even notice, there is no mechanism built into the body to detect a lack of oxygen. You just nod off.

So why are States that execute still going through this weird chemical injection route with all the concomitant problems.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/08/19 at 06:13:58

eau de sauvage wrote on 05/07/19 at 17:06:03:
@T&T, I think you have misunderstood me. Sure Oliver has a position but the show was not a discussion of the death penalty it was a discussion on the horror of the implementation.

This is a debate that has been going on for as long as I can remember and I just wanted to point out that Oliver's team should have done proper research on the subject and if they did they would not have simply been able to point to the botched, inhumane, and cruel problems with the current system but they would have been able to present to a wider audience the absurdity of all this horror when there is a method already available with all the research already done that solves all the problems associated with the current method.

That is deprivation of oxygen is fast, painless, and pleasant. There is mountains of research on hypoxia both for high altitude climbers and fighter pilots. There is a common belief that being placed in a room that was suddenly filled with 100% nitrogen gas would be like having a plastic bag over your head and you'd die a horrifying painful convulsive death.

But this would be incorrect as you or your body would not even notice, there is no mechanism built into the body to detect a lack of oxygen. You just nod off.

So why are States that execute still going through this weird chemical injection route with all the concomitant problems.

Good question - I think Oliver addressed that somewhat in that there's not any physician that would ever assist.

But in the larger picture - I get your point.  There are better ways to perform an execution.  But, to Oliver's point - there are "better ways to have sex with your mother" - but the overarching idea is that you just shouldn't - ever - under any circumstance....

Otherwise, we're just a bunch of motherfukcers....   Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 14:46:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Capital Punishment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.