Send Topic Print
Awesome Jobs Report (Read 130 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Awesome Jobs Report
05/03/19 at 06:28:54

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. job growth surged in April and the unemployment rate dropped to a more than 49-year low of 3.6 percent, pointing to solid economic growth.

The Labour Department's closely watched monthly employment report on Friday, however, showed steady wage gains last month, consistent with moderate inflation. The decline in the unemployment rate was because people left the labour force, suggesting some slack in the jobs market remains.

The report was broadly supportive of the Federal Reserve's decision on Wednesday to keep interest rates unchanged and signal little desire to adjust monetary policy anytime soon. Fed Chair Jerome Powell described the economy and job growth as "a bit stronger than we anticipated" and inflation "somewhat weaker."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/strong-u-job-growth-expected-055836773.html

No snark, this is truly good news - but...

Keeping it real, trump's numbers are still in the 40s - we all know why that is.  

Let's not forget that job participation is still historically low (funny, no conservatives mention that anymore...).

There's still work to be done on the wage front.

I'll go as far to say that these numbers are in spite of trump, not because of him.  Anyone, even pence, could be the signatory on these EOs/bills.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Awesome Jobs Report
Reply #1 - 05/03/19 at 07:00:51

Keeping it real, trump's numbers are still in the 40s - we all know why that is.  

Because the Democratically controlled media and entertainment culture has been on a 3 year, 24/7 bogus attack mode binge.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/03/19 at 07:17:53

Also because the consumer uses Democratically controlled media and entertainment culture as a resource for what is going on instead of getting involved.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/03/19 at 07:47:21

Yes, we do. It's been a never ending attack by media and the uniparty. Lied about, smeared constantly in order to limit the impact of what he has done, and his own predilection for being less than what has been accepted as
Prez Uh Denchal by stuffed shirts.
You're more concerned with appearance than performance.
It's nice to see you playing fair some.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 05/03/19 at 08:17:13

I think most of the good fortune that Trump is getting is based more on timing, and being in the right place, at the right time.

If one was to be honest, and truly review all the data that constitutes market growth, etc, you will see it is always a wave, ups and downs.
The very policies of those in place in a "up" market, are still in force, when it goes down, so how can that be?

Its no difference than understanding global warming, its gets cooler, then warmer, then cooler, etc.....

So many different elements in play that frankly one can not project with any certainty what the weather/temperatures, with any voracity in a long term forecast.
Sure, you can say summer will be warmer than winter, based of historical data, but that is a long way away from telling me the exact weather on a given day, on a given place.

Same thing with forecasting economic growth, you use the past, to give you your best "guess" on any given ventures/investments.....

Sure, you have some good signs, like the GNP, Productivity, etc, which can be driven by policies, etc, like capital gains tax reductions, as well as free enterprise zones, etc, that can spur on growth, and bring numbers up.....
But again, then why do markets fall?

You have the best minds who study this stuff like a religion, and yet....
They can't tell you when Jesus is going to return, or when the economy will turn south.

Just take control of your OWN lives, with living as debt free as you can, and managing what money you DO HAVE, wisely.

Advertising and a free media, share a common bond, trait, they want your money, to buy them, more POWER.

You do NOT need the latest gadgets, cars, etc, and it won't give you the happiness they try and sell you.

I guess I am saying, be thankful, and DON'T compare, keep up, yourself to the Jones's......

You can never catch them....PERIOD  Grin Grin Grin        

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 05/03/19 at 08:18:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/03/19 at 07:47:21:

Yes, we do. It's been a never ending attack by media and the uniparty. Lied about, smeared constantly in order to limit the impact of what he has done, and his own predilection for being less than what has been accepted as

Bad news sales Jog.....

Its as simple as that.  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/03/19 at 08:21:35

WebsterMark wrote on 05/03/19 at 07:00:51:

Because the Democratically controlled media and entertainment culture has been on a 3 year, 24/7 bogus attack mode binge.

Yeah... I'm sure it has nothing to do with his constant lying, his bullying on social media, his childish antics on the same, his inability to articulate his thoughts, his adulterous past, his baseless bravado, etc.......

Yeah... it's the media....  <<<<sarcasm

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/03/19 at 08:22:23

It is.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/03/19 at 08:22:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/03/19 at 07:47:21:

I'll repeat it for you jog:

Yeah... I'm sure it has nothing to do with his constant lying, his bullying on social media, his childish antics on the same, his inability to articulate his thoughts, his adulterous past, his baseless bravado, etc.......

Yeah... it's the media....  <<<<sarcasm

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 05/03/19 at 08:35:06

Dude.....Obama cited as much, he blamed FOX for his failures, etc.....

You can't be sorta pregnant. SMH.

Watch.....then lets discuss your charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPISRL3oNg

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/03/19 at 08:56:38

raydawg wrote on 05/03/19 at 08:35:06:
Dude.....Obama cited as much, he blamed FOX for his failures, etc.....

You can't be sorta pregnant. SMH.

Watch.....then lets discuss your charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRPISRL3oNg

Why is it you think I agree with this?

Why must you always ASSume ray?

I've stated many times why Hillary lost - and it wasn't fox "news".

You sure think you know me, but you obviously don't.

What's more, that's got nothing to do with the kind of special prick trump is.  He's well deserving of his piss poor approval rating.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/03/19 at 09:14:24

I find it hard to believe anyone would think that 100% of people who do not support Trump do so exclusively due to modern mainstream media.

I mean I made a post here about his blatant misinforming press conference in front of veterans about their pay grades with accompanying statements from people who were there.  There's empirical evidence of this happening.  

Some people, including me, don't like that he is factually incorrect consistently and do not get those facts, ever, from mainstream media.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 05/03/19 at 09:20:44

find it hard to believe anyone would think that 100% of people who do not support Trump do so exclusively due to modern mainstream media.

I can't believe you think I said that or anything even close to that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 05/03/19 at 09:37:19

Oh I assume, really, you've been assuming for over 2 years now, if projecting Trumps demise over pretty much anything Michael Avanatti, Rosie, or Rachael claimed as fact against Trump....

However, that is not the thrust of my post.
Yeah, I have stated over and over, and over again, the guy has some serious personality issues I do not like, and wish otherwise, BUT......
My post is against your claim that the media reporting has no effect on his numbers, which, I posted that Obama used the media as part of the excuse, which would equate to lower approval of the democrat candidate, hence why they lost, in 2016......

Refute that, or....oh yea, she won the popular vote, so her numbers of approval must be higher than.....
Gotcha, I got that one down to memory.

Just like a World Series between the New Your Yankees and the Arizona Diamondbacks......who won in 7 games, but the Yankees scored more runs in total in the series, so by your reasoning, and yes, I understand why, no assuming here, the Yankees really did win because their total runs scored means they are the better team......right.  Grin

Just admit it, Trumps a jerk ( agree)  
Hillary lost.
And instead of finding the reasons of why such the favorite handicapped person lost, and using that to build upon, you guys just whine about the outcome....of which Hillary asked Trump if he would accept the results, and when he would not concede to it, you guys called him out as a assault on the very root of our election process....

OWN IT.  MOVE ON.

Lets find solutions and repair to many of the problem s we need to face.
This one is done.  Kiss

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/03/19 at 10:09:04

"I can't believe you think I said that or anything even close to that."

I don't.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print