Voting (Read 281 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Voting
05/02/19 at 19:52:15

From Bernie Sanders
If we are serious about calling ourselves a democracy, we must firmly establish that the right to vote is an inalienable and universal principle that applies to all American citizens 18 years and older. Period.

No, I don't agree with this. Voting is not an inalienable nor universal principle. It's an earned privilege. The errors in our past are not excuses to foolishly hand over a voice to those who, through their actions, are undeserving.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Voting
Reply #1 - 05/02/19 at 19:54:52

Just the logistics of getting voting to work in one prison, let alone all of them is enough for me to say no.

I agree, I earn a vote by living to age 18 and not committing crimes that result in me being incarcerated at the time of an election I want to vote in.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/02/19 at 20:29:14

Gee.....it would be sorta like a labor union.

You vote as the kingpin tells you to vote, or else.

Will the prisons start getting their own lobbyist too?

Attend the conventions to cast their vote for their candidate, like states do now too?  

I got a idea.....how bouts we just toss all laws, all accountability, etc.
Folks can no longer break laws, cuz there ain't any.
We could save lots of money.
Ditto, no schools either, just whatever you learn is enough, and that too will save lots more money.
We will have free food, healthcare, housing, etc.....
Why do we need any of that anyway, why?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 05/02/19 at 21:27:27

Dallas County Crooks Rejoice; Democrat DA Won't …
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-15/dallas...
Dallas criminals have just been given a license to steal - up to $750, that is. Following his November 2018 election win, Dallas County Criminal District Attorney John Creuzot, a Democrat, announced that he will no longer prosecute certain low-level crimes, including thefts of personal items worth less than $750 as long as it isn't for economic gain, according to CBS

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 05/03/19 at 04:47:54

The big problem with voting as I see it is the mob rule aspect of it. It always boils down to an us or them argument. It doesn’t even matter if the choice is between dogcrap and cat puke like the last presidential election people are petty and vote just to beat the other side without even stopping to think about alternatives such as independents or writing in the better candidate.
Personally I write in who I want since I have no interest in feces or vomit on offer.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/03/19 at 05:41:37

I agree about mob mentality.  As I have stated before on here the majority of people I have asked as to why they support Trump is because they didn't like Obama.

Not policy, not future vision or credentials, just that Obama was black, Muslim, a terrorist, or just plain bad.  I guess that worked back in high school so why can't it just work for the rest of my life right?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/03/19 at 05:45:23

John Creuzot, a Democrat, announced that he will no longer prosecute certain low-level crimes, including thefts of personal items worth less than $750 as long as it isn't for economic gain, according to CBS

Was a reason given?  It's $1000 where I live the reasoning being it costs more than $1000 to prosecute someone and petty crime is so high that prosecution combined with incarceration time would backlog the courts and overcrowd jails within months.

It may not be the best method, but it's the one the DA has control over.

It's the same reason why the city will typically settle for anything under 10,000.  The insurance covers anything below 10,000 and legal fees start over that amount.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/03/19 at 05:50:07

If we are serious about calling ourselves a democracy, we must firmly establish that the right to vote is an inalienable and universal principle that applies to all American citizens 18 years and older.

Agreed to that part.

However, I don't think those incarcerated should have that right.  I do think those that have paid their debt should.

Pretty simple.  I still support Bernie, even though we disagree on this point.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/03/19 at 06:15:22

Not policy, not future vision or credentials, just that Obama was black, Muslim, a terrorist, or just plain bad

Would you ever say in your wildest dreams you didn't vote for Trump because he's white? Rich? New Yorker?  Gotta go straight to race first huh?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/03/19 at 06:17:16

To vote you must be 18, not currently serving jail time and not previously convicted of voter fraud. Seems that's something everyone can get behind.

Bernie is completely out of touch with reality as are most of the Democratic candidates. When Uncle Joe is the reasonable one, you've got problems....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/03/19 at 06:19:57

Eegore wrote on 05/03/19 at 05:45:23:
John Creuzot, a Democrat, announced that he will no longer prosecute certain low-level crimes, including thefts of personal items worth less than $750 as long as it isn't for economic gain, according to CBS

Was a reason given?  It's $1000 where I live the reasoning being it costs more than $1000 to prosecute someone and petty crime is so high that prosecution combined with incarceration time would backlog the courts and overcrowd jails within months.

It may not be the best method, but it's the one the DA has control over.

It's the same reason why the city will typically settle for anything under 10,000.  The insurance covers anything below 10,000 and legal fees start over that amount.

Our new prosecuting attorney in St Louis (elected on a Ferguson Hands up Don't shoot platform, announced he won't prosecute failure to pay child support and weed possession less than 100 grams. Effectively, he legalized walking away from kids and legalized marijuana in St Louis. Oh, he basically said he's prosecute police officers for anything he possibly could.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/03/19 at 06:31:01

WebsterMark wrote on 05/03/19 at 06:15:22:
Not policy, not future vision or credentials, just that Obama was black, Muslim, a terrorist, or just plain bad

Would you ever say in your wildest dreams you didn't vote for Trump because he's white? Rich? New Yorker?  Gotta go straight to race first huh?  

Sadly, mark, I've seen that first hand on this very forum.  Don't be ignorant, you saw the same post I did.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/03/19 at 06:32:17

WebsterMark wrote on 05/03/19 at 06:17:16:
To vote you must be 18, not currently serving jail time and not previously convicted of voter fraud. Seems that's something everyone can get behind.

Bernie is completely out of touch with reality as are most of the Democratic candidates. When Uncle Joe is the reasonable one, you've got problems....

What's the problem with that mark?  Do you think there should be a qualification to vote?  A test?  A poll tax?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/03/19 at 06:37:19

"Would you ever say in your wildest dreams you didn't vote for Trump because he's white? Rich? New Yorker?  Gotta go straight to race first huh?"

No.  I do not vote based off of race, income or geographical location.  The majority of the people I have asked specifically about Trump do however.

I do not have to go to race first.  I could type "Terrorist, Muslim and black" if that's better, it would however convey frequency of answer in reverse order of most commonly stated.

You all know I would rather be statistically accurate over being politically correct.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #14 - 05/03/19 at 06:51:51

Eegore wrote on 05/03/19 at 05:41:37:
 I agree about mob mentality.  As I have stated before on here the majority of people I have asked as to why they support Trump is because they didn't like Obama.

Not policy, not future vision or credentials, just that Obama was black, Muslim, a terrorist, or just plain bad.  I guess that worked back in high school so why can't it just work for the rest of my life right?

At the risk of sounding negative I honestly think that the majority of Americans don’t mature past high school. And for many it stopped at middle school.

With candidates all people get are feelgood messaging so most people are happy with that and don’t  bother to dig down and see what actual substance the candidacy promotes. Sadly the the feelgood messaging is about as deep as it goes anyway.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 14:44:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Voting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.