Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE! (Read 231 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE!
Reply #45 - 05/02/19 at 17:18:31

I failed to do that during a conversation about global warming where I asked you to list the consequences of inaction that have materialized in the last decades of hysteria.

I thought I had responded to that:

Nope.  Not going to do the work for someone who hasn't been paying attention.

NASA has volumes of accurate prediction models.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 05/02/19 at 17:36:02

Bullshit
Not one of the
Dire Consequences
Has become reality.
I've been challenging the worshippers of the religion of
Man Made Global Warming
To point to any of the
Problems we would encounter that have come to pass.
I could GAF about the many accurate models, which is a definition in conflict with itself, because
ONLY ONE CAN BE ACCURATE...

I have paid attention.
I've watched lefties screaming about the myriad problems the world would see if
We don't DO SUMMTHINGG..
And yet,
Nothing.
So, I challenge you to show me one of those terrible problems we've been told about that has actually come to pass.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 05/02/19 at 19:35:32

"ONLY ONE CAN BE ACCURATE..."

Incorrect.  Models can carry a finite timeframe, and be of varying values.  Such as a 1 day horizon, 10 year horizon and 100 year horizon, of which they can all be things like ambient atmospheric temperature, barometric change scales, cloud cover etc.  Also they can be specific to geographical location.

It is possible that one prediction of a 5 year timeframe claiming a rise in temperature in a specific geographical location can be correct while another prediction that median sea-level current speeds will slow as sea level increases.  This would be two correct models.

I think the problem is you are focusing on the political factors and not the empirical data provided by modern science.  It is known that deforestation causes temperature increases, and deforestation is man-made.  Many models predicting weather changes due to deforestation are correct, and many are incorrect, all of them scaling for a man made issue.  No forest fires are not deforestation, this is specific to tropical canopies unaffected by mass fire destruction and subsequent erosion.  

People were warned about the effects of deforestation.  People were warned about sea current changes effecting fishing channels.  People were warned about cloud seeding.  People were warned about mass-farmland erosion.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #48 - 05/02/19 at 19:42:33

is known that deforestation causes temperature increases, and deforestation is man-made.  Many models predic

And
Satellite imagery SHOWS the world is
More Green NOW than twenty years ago.

So, which horrible consequences have happened?
Surely you remember one.
Just one
Come on

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 05/02/19 at 19:47:23

"And
Satellite imagery SHOWS the world is
More Green NOW than twenty years ago.
"

We already had this discussion when you only read the abstract of the Nature article that very clearly, when read in its entirety, indicated man made damage has affected weather and that more trees is because of massive reforestation initiatives and the increase in plantations in Asia to combat their own deforestation.

"The study points out that industrial timber plantations, mature oil palm estates and other specifically planted forests add to global tree cover. On paper these areas compensate for the primary forest that has been cut down; 100-hectare loss of primary forest is perfectly offset by a 100-hectare gain on a man-made plantation, for example."

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 05/02/19 at 19:52:46

"So, which horrible consequences have happened?"

I never said that.  You did.

I very specifically said:

"anyone can pull up inaccurate predictions about a topic.  Pick one and if predictions exist, some will be wrong."

That's it.  Pick a topic and if predictions exist some will be wrong.  That is all I was saying.

I did however wonder how many Government Martial Law declarations have happened and resulted in the Government taking all of our guns?  Or mass executions of US citizens?

Surely you remember one.
 Just one
 Come on

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #51 - 05/02/19 at 19:55:15

A pointless point?
The thing I read said
There is more green now,
And
The increase in the horrible toxin
Carbon Dioxide was a contributing factor.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 05/02/19 at 20:05:57

"The increase in the horrible toxin
Carbon Dioxide was a contributing factor."

Of about 17 to 19% when globally averaged.  It is a contributing factor, but not a large one and not universally spread worldwide.  The issue of rate-of change, distribution and mitigation gain to loss ratios do not say that more CO2 is good for man because it helps grow trees.  It is however good for trees, but climate change isn't about long-term tree futures, its about human futures.

Man-made reforestation is a 1 to 1 gain. (All of this was in the stuff you have referenced.)

Evotranspiration alone is too variable, just taking equatorial tropic zone and the midlatitudes of the US you get totally different CO2 outcomes.

I still believe that long-term climate predictions have the same level of accuracy as predictions that there will be US Government agencies kicking in doors and taking our guns.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #53 - 05/02/19 at 20:36:34

This is why our goverment should never be in the "belief" business, of any kind.
You either understand the ramifications as such, or you shall always be in conflict.
When a "belief" impacts, impinges, alters the pursuit of happiness, of any individual, and you endorse it as such, then expect to be challenged, like for like, as in, hate vs. hate, anger vs. anger, so on, and so forth.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 05/02/19 at 21:23:26

still believe that long-term climate predictions have the same level of accuracy as predictions that there will be US Government agencies kicking in doors and taking our guns.
Back to top          Email Personal Message    IP Logged

They have trouble with a week.

And none of the scary things that we were told were coming have happened.

Vineyards USED to be found further North than they are now.
The Medieval warm period wasn't caused by man.

I'm not suggesting that we should crap on the world, but it's not time to get shook up.
I'd be shutting down the one use plastic bags and go back to paper.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:17:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.