Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE! (Read 231 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE!
Reply #30 - 05/02/19 at 09:28:27

So I think theres two components to the education debt problem, specific to government funding.  

One is related to this:  "It's our Right to live in a country where the government doesn't crush one and lift up another."  By related I mean shared components, not direct or exact components.

Irresponsible Federal funding has placed some people into massive debt cycles, some of it due to poor or rushed training to meet fulfillment deadlines imposed by Congress.  This approach has always impacted lower income negatively.

The other component is students not reading every part of a loan draft and getting professional assistance with understanding it.  I was listening to a broadcast about unfair student loans that seemed to completely ignore statements like "I didn't see the part where..."  or "I didn't realize..."

That's not the bank's fault if you didn't see or didn't realize, but the irresponsible lending tends to overshadow that.  

In any case, college could be free, but I am not willing to pay for someone else's education unless its through a scholarship program where appropriate individuals are selected.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 05/02/19 at 09:35:59

Trippah wrote on 05/02/19 at 07:58:10:
It doesn't; but for some this indeed shifts it from a Constitutional Law question to an issue about what the USA is about - opportunity and freedom.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #32 - 05/02/19 at 09:36:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/02/19 at 08:17:27:
It decimated your argument.
You were pointing to the Constitution and complaining about a non issue.
You're still very confused about what the words mean.
It's nobody's duty to create For you
Opportunity.
It's up to the individual to choose their path through life.
We
Pursue
Life, liberty and happiness.

It's our Right to live in a country where the government doesn't crush one and lift up another.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #33 - 05/02/19 at 09:37:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/02/19 at 09:14:50:
Everyone knows the Declaration begins: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 05/02/19 at 09:37:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/02/19 at 09:22:58:
Our inherent
Right to Life
Is the basis for the
Right of Self Defense.
The inherent desire for
Liberty is no GUARANTEE of liberty
But the Constitution Is written in a way that restrains the government from unlawfully restricting your liberty.
It's not a Guarantee that we won't encounter situations that encroach on it.
The inherent desire to be happy is acknowledged. We have a Right to PURSUE it. But, again, no GUARANTEE that we will ever be in The exact situation that will make or allow it.
And how confusing is it that suddenly you, of all people, are suddenly championing the ideology of Frikken slave owners? Suddenly the Fan Boy? I'm shokkt!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #35 - 05/02/19 at 09:50:42

jog - I think you need to start at the beginning of the tread, I have no argument in this thread, was just noting that the free schooling issue was about what the country is, be it in the Constitution or Declaration of Independence.  And yes, the main thrust of those documents were to delineate the rights of the government as compared to the rights of its citizens.   Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 05/02/19 at 09:51:16

Reposting four posts is unnecessary.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #37 - 05/02/19 at 09:52:59

It's clear that your bicycle doesn't have coaster brakes. Backpedaling like that would put ya right over the handlebars.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #38 - 05/02/19 at 09:57:39

We have, apparently, already crossed the education bridge as we have 12 years already in place.  You may not agree with that, I don't know.

My brief listening to Bernie is to sense he is against the rapacious banks
and wants everyone who wants further than high school education would be able to get it without being in debt for many years.  (Some would argue that on the job training was provided by the employer in decades past) Roll Eyes

And on the other side, have you noted all the new online Universities that have sprung up coincidental to veterans education benefits and our constant wars provided by the "endless wars" predicted in 1984. Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 05/02/19 at 10:42:26

Eegore wrote on 05/02/19 at 09:51:16:
 Reposting four posts is unnecessary.

Normally, I'd agree.
But I was responding to Trippah and your reply started a new page.
I wanted to know he wouldn't miss what I said.
And what I was replying to.

I failed to do that during a conversation about global warming where I asked you to list the consequences of inaction that have materialized in the last decades of hysteria.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #40 - 05/02/19 at 13:00:49

This thread is beginning to look like Medusa's hair. Cheesy

One aspect that is "overlooked" is that education debt cannot be forgiven or passed through when in bankruptcy - it sticks like tar to the borrower, so that if the education doesn't provide a gateway to increased successful income increase - tough Shiite.

Wonder why that is - any other investment can be written off if the project goes South. Ask the Donald about Bancruptcy e.g. New Jersey gambling venture. Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 05/02/19 at 13:56:25

Not knowing if you're being facetious I'll try to help.
You don't spose the government doesn't want people to wipe out their debt to the government by putting that debt outside the scope of bankruptcy, do you?
Gosh no, they wouldn't do that.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 05/02/19 at 16:16:07

Ok.....let me clear this thread and my intent.

The irony of free schooling will cut the very heart, out of the very soul, of these elitist and their tenured occupation.

They can then stand in Bernie's soup kitchen lines with everyone else  Grin Grin Grin

While I agree, and I did with Bernie in 2016 calling attention to schools, it needs to be cut back, way back, to the basics, of getting the schooling format down to producing productivity of its programs, be it trade, sciences, etc.....
All the other non productive degrees need to be seriously reigned in, ie: like guys don't need gynecology medical coverage in a universal healthcare program.

Everyone whines and blames about deficit spending, well, how bouts we spend wisely, first and foremost, and if we have leftovers, then we can spend of more frivolous items/subjects.

Lets just call it, responsibility        

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #43 - 05/02/19 at 16:23:22

raydawg wrote on 05/02/19 at 16:16:07:
Ok.....let me clear this thread and my intent.

The irony of free schooling will cut the very heart, out of the very soul, of these elitist and their tenured occupation.

They can then stand in Bernie's soup kitchen lines with everyone else  Grin Grin Grin

While I agree, and I did with Bernie in 2016 calling attention to schools, it needs to be cut back, way back, to the basics, of getting the schooling format down to producing productivity of its programs, be it trade, sciences, etc.....
All the other non productive degrees need to be seriously reigned in, ie: like guys don't need gynecology medical coverage in a universal healthcare program.

Everyone whines and blames about deficit spending, well, how bouts we spend wisely, first and foremost, and if we have leftovers, then we can spend of more frivolous items/subjects.

Lets just call it, responsibility        

so they can go to work for that corrupt group at boeing??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #44 - 05/02/19 at 16:37:14

Ya wanna expand on that?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 16:20:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No more schooling debt...HOORAY BERNIE!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.